Sign in to follow this  
1shot1kill

So, life has happened.

I've been living in Canberra now for 11 years. For the last five years I've also had my own off grid house near Eden, doing the weekly commute has been a real grind and I had planned on moving to the shack in about October this year.

This is where life gets in the way. I've gone and fallen in love with a 35 year old redheaded woman from Kentucky, USA. We're engaged to be married in March 2019.

Me, the eternal bachelor, getting married again. Hell!

• Like 2

Wow ! it's a 1shot !. Congratulations !. So Kentucky or Eden or both ? Where is winter the bestest / warmest ? << that'd be the decider for me

Congrats.

11 years... friggen hell, doesn't seem that long.

Wow ! it's a 1shot !. Congratulations !. So Kentucky or Eden or both ? Where is winter the bestest / warmest ? << that'd be the decider for me

Here to start with. Once she's got permanent residency, then maybe I'll head to Kentucky for a while.

So I guess an Autumn wedding in Eden it is then . whatever. it's good to know you still inhabit the planet.

Congratulations 1shot - good to see your face around here again 😄

• Like 1

G'day 1shot! Nice to see you again. Congratulations1

Yup, and you. I'm not sure how much I'll be around, I'm mostly on Facebook these days. I have a YouTube channel with about 6,200 subscribers these days, that generates some reasonably passive income for me.

Driving to and from the shack soaks up about seven hours a week. And then there's Angela.

So just how DID I get hooked up with a chick from Kentucky?

Well, we've been admins in the same Facebook homesteading (farming, hobby farming, prepping, etc) for close to four years now. Turns out she's had a serious crush on me for most of that time. Earlier this year we started chatting privately every now and then as her abusive marriage continued to get worse.

Then, in early April, she let me know she wasn't just flirting for the fun of it and things progressed fairly quickly from there. She had to have carpal tunnel surgery done, which meant two weeks away from work and the farm. She, somewhat jokingly, said that she could afford to go on a cruise, go to Hawaii or go to Australia. Jokingly, I said that, "Australia could be fun". Next thing you know, she's got a ticket booked for Australia and a passport application in.

I've had the last three weeks off work as she arrived on the 20th of June and we've been pretty much inseparable since.

• Like 2

Running the risk

Yup, and you. I'm not sure how much I'll be around, I'm mostly on Facebook these days. I have a YouTube channel with about 6,200 subscribers these days, that generates some reasonably passive income for me.

Driving to and from the shack soaks up about seven hours a week. And then there's Angela.

So just how DID I get hooked up with a chick from Kentucky?

Well, we've been admins in the same Facebook homesteading (farming, hobby farming, prepping, etc) for close to four years now. Turns out she's had a serious crush on me for most of that time. Earlier this year we started chatting privately every now and then as her abusive marriage continued to get worse.

Then, in early April, she let me know she wasn't just flirting for the fun of it and things progressed fairly quickly from there. She had to have carpal tunnel surgery done, which meant two weeks away from work and the farm. She, somewhat jokingly, said that she could afford to go on a cruise, go to Hawaii or go to Australia. Jokingly, I said that, "Australia could be fun". Next thing you know, she's got a ticket booked for Australia and a passport application in.

I've had the last three weeks off work as she arrived on the 20th of June and we've been pretty much inseparable since.

Interesting how shit like that happens.

I met a Russian girl in Thailand who was just nice... marriage was disintegrating on my end.... talking to her.... grew to like her.

As ex and I separated, I flew to Moscow.

7 years later... married with a 4yo and a 6mo old pair of little ladies.

But then again, I ain't crazy enough to risk red-headed children :)

Haha, I mean, congrats!

Seriously though that's a nice shot in the arm. These things happen when you least expect it. I hope the rest of your life stays as happy as you are now.

Running the risk...

...7 years later... married with a 4yo and a 6mo old pair of little ladies.

Crikey. you've been busy.

makes me tired just thinking on that ^^

Somehow, I can imagine that a redhead is very suitable! Congrats 1shot

• Like 1

Well that's all very bloody quick! I hope she totally loves Eden :-) How's the weather compare to Kentucky? 

Posted (edited)
On 7/9/2018 at 9:32 PM, Leonid said:

Running the risk

Interesting how shit like that happens.

I met a Russian girl in Thailand who was just nice... marriage was disintegrating on my end.... talking to her.... grew to like her.

As ex and I separated, I flew to Moscow.

7 years later... married with a 4yo and a 6mo old pair of little ladies.

But then again, I ain't crazy enough to risk red-headed children 🙂

Neither am I. This chick has been fixed good and proper and if she was going to get pregnant, she'd be pregnant by now. That womb will not support life. Also, congrats on being back in Russia! 😄 😄

On 8/1/2018 at 12:19 AM, Fenn said:

Well that's all very bloody quick! I hope she totally loves Eden 🙂 How's the weather compare to Kentucky? 

Warmer all year round. And yes, she loves the area.

Edited by 1shot1kill

I'm not saying you should offer yourself as a package deal with the house, land and improved climate but it can't hurt eh?

(This isn't me being snarky either. Clearly you've got enough in common to begin with, all the homesteading stuff. Sounds like a solid place to start a marriage from.)

(That sounds so middle aged.)

• Haha 1