Sign in to follow this  
DEVERE

Life gallops on

Posted (edited)

Many of you won’t remember me having been absent from the forums for about 4 or 5 years, but many of you will. So life gallops on at its own will - and what have i been up to?

My husband and I have been flat out running our own business that we purchased a little over 7 years ago. We’ve had our ups and downs - as with most business, you have your good years and not so good years, but we are still doing our thing after all this time (and those grey hairs from stressful times suck goat balls!!) We’ve got two great lads working for us who have become like family. We are still enjoying operating & running our butcher shop - trying out new ideas, we have been been re-discovering the art & science of charcuterie made from scratch (without using common place pre-mixed meals full of shit preservatives).

My beloved grandfather and last surviving grand parent passed away last year at the ripe old age of 97 - theres hope for me yet!!

All of those friends on facebook will know my 2nd eldest daughter presented me with two gorgeous grandchildren - a boy aged 1 and a girl aged 2 (who loves stealing Nanna’s bacon!!) but I love them both dearly.

Life goes on so quickly - don't let it pass you by!

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Devere1971/media/IMG_6770_zps58tq3qpg.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1376.photobucket.com/user/Devere1971/media/fullsizeoutput_f1e_zps5yvcoyvo.jpeg.html?sort=3&o=0

Edited by DEVERE
  • Haha 1

Welcome back & congrats on the news. Hang around some more.

• Like 1

Welcome back & congrats on the news. Hang around some more.

Now I have my log in sorted I might just do that!

Many of you won’t remember me...

i remember ya.

welcome back

As do I. Considering we've already exchanged posts, I expect you know that already - unless the grandma genes are kicking in! ;)

Sorry to hear about your gramps; glad to hear about the grandkids.

• Like 1

Very cool four generation shot there.

You aught to be damn proud of the fact of your continuing business in these interesting times. Kudos. Still remember some shots you posted of the beaches in your neck of the woods. Am glad you still reside and are thriving there.

I said already your return makes the asylum feel more homely, be good to see it continue :)

Posted (edited)

Hard to forget you when I see you on FB :-p But it's nice to come back to the forums every now and again and see what's what, what?

It's a bit sad though they are so empty.

P.S. Cute bubby!!

Edited by Kothos
  • Like 1

Five generations eveln - my mother wasnt in the shot. 😄

Five generations eveln - my mother wasnt in the shot.

Ah, that's a shame your mum wasn't in the pic ... still a very cool shot of the four generations tho ;)

Welcome back.

And a nice story about generations, even those passing but leaving another 4 generations to remember them.

• Like 1

Not that I've been an integral part of the social fabric of this place, but the green room page is full of names I haven't seen for a while. I had to double check to make sure I hadn't clicked back to 2009....

And hello Devere. Butcher's shop seems like an incredibly interesting venture, one of the art forms that still remains.

• Like 1

Not that I've been an integral part of the social fabric of this place, but the green room page is full of names I haven't seen for a while. I had to double check to make sure I hadn't clicked back to 2009....

And hello Devere. Butcher's shop seems like an incredibly interesting venture, one of the art forms that still remains.

Major head ache at times (latest headache is from ACCC and the Country Of Origin labelling meaning I have to check every bloody thing I label)

But yes - its great fun, and is definitely an art.

Cheers!

A lot of the "old folks" coming out of the woodwork recently!

Been a while DEVERE!