• Vic. - Melbourne
    • Vic. - not Melbourne
    • Qld. - Brisbane
    • Qld. - not Brisbane
    • SA - Adelaide
    • SA - not Adelaide
    • WA - Perth
    • WA - not Perth
    • ACT - Canberra or not Canberra, does it really matter?
    • Tas. - Hobart
    • Tas. - not Hobart
    • NT - Darwin
    • NT - not Darwin
    • Somewhere else / not in Australia

I'm wondering what my chances are of catching up for a drink with someone local. I've just quit my job to become a full time student and while I'm not going to be too flush, I'll hopefully have at least a BIT of time on my hands for a change.

I'm in Sydney, BTW.

Cheers ;-)

Canberra... still.

Non-urban ACT is a pretty small percentage (you may as well call Hall and Tharwa part of Canberra) - of 400,000 I doubt the rural is much over 5,000.

I doubt the rural is much over 5,000.

Damn THAT little? I'm surprised.

How often do you get to Sydders? I'm down in Canberra approximately never.

We haven't moved territory in just over eighteen years .

Would be crazy to drop south of Townsville ... I'd shrivel up and die from cold.

The Wiki articles are not a lot of help - Canberra has the Census figure from 2016 and ACT a figure from late 2017 (estimate?) which are something like 403 and 416.

I looked up the "villages" - the 3 biggest locales outside Canberra have a grand total of about 600 (Hall, Tharwa, Williamsdale)

I fair dinkum have probably gone the longest in my life ATM without visiting Sydney.

Last time was early 2007, with my old man & brothers to see those wankers from American Chopper do a show at the showground.

Last time I was anywhere near the area was a couple of weeks before Easter this year, stayed @ Kiama after coming down Illawarra Hwy for a few days.

So far you be drinking solo Kothos :)

SA still, but about 30 minutes and I'm in Victoria - still nowhere near a capitol.

Dammit we are really spread out - I suppose that's a lucky break for the forum ;-p

The Wiki articles are not a lot of help - Canberra has the Census figure from 2016 and ACT a figure from late 2017 (estimate?) which are something like 403 and 416.

I looked up the "villages" - the 3 biggest locales outside Canberra have a grand total of about 600 (Hall, Tharwa, Williamsdale)

I honestly thought it would be more like 100,000 outside of Canberra in the ACT.

We have quite a strong Sydney group still around. Unfortunately most of them are traitors to the book of face.

Esperance WA - about 720km south east of Perth. Only Atomican here that I know of.

Perth these days, but maybe back to Victoria at some point.

Perth - just as shit as everyone promised

Doesn't help you at all, though.

pah ! i spit on facepage

make sure to wipe your screen dry dude.

Still not a member of FB or twitter or any other newfangled site.

Perth these days, but maybe back to Victoria at some point.

Perth - just as shit as everyone promised

Doesn't help you at all, though.

Where in Perth though ?

Kalamunda is awesome. (I went to school there) and I used to live in Forry

Tasmania, but most likely returning to Perth in the near future. I've reconnected with the love of my life after 27 years apart.

• Like 3

Tasmania, but most likely returning to Perth in the near future. I've reconnected with the love of my life after 27 years apart.

Same, but not intending to move anywhere else, too bloody hot on the North Island.

Esperance WA - about 720km south east of Perth. Only Atomican here that I know of.

A mate lives there who used to post on here a long time ago.

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php/user/19792-wacus/

Moved there from Tassie some years ago. Seems to like it there last time I talked with him.

Esperance seems to have grown a tad since I was through there in about 1979. :-P

Had some nice weekends out at Cape Le Grande and Cape Arid national parks.

God dammit there's even a cafe at Lucky Bay!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Same, but not intending to move anywhere else, too bloody hot on the North Island.

A mate lives there who used to post on here a long time ago.

http://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/index.php/user/19792-wacus/

Moved there from Tassie some years ago. Seems to like it there last time I talked with him.

Esperance seems to have grown a tad since I was through there in about 1979. :-P

Had some nice weekends out at Cape Le Grande and Cape Arid national parks.

God dammit there's even a cafe at Lucky Bay!

Yeah the Coffee Van at Lucky Bay is brilliant! Beautiful place to sit, relax and enjoy the snow white sands and the odd kangaroo appearing on the beach. Checked his profile - hasn't posted in a few years - but would be interesting to find out who it is lol.

EDIT: thanks for the heads up aliali - I actually DO know Wacus being that we both play darts. He plays on my mates mens local dart team. Nice guy!

Edited by DEVERE

I'm one of those excessively migratory people.

In the 17 years I have been on atomic, I have moved house - 2.5km from where I was living in, and while I still work for the same company, but they moved office - 500m.

• Like 1

Damn that sounds like a story and a half.

• Like 2

It's a story that makes me very happy. When I see how it goes, and if it works out, I will share it :)

I'm in Northern Tas, not likely to move anytime soon.

I'm quite happy to drive the 50 minutes south everyday for work in Launceston, have been doing it for over 20 yrs now if you include work and study. Tasmanian's are a funny bunch people are always making comments to me that it's a long way to drive everyday when it's only 65km.

It's a story that makes me very happy. When I see how it goes, and if it works out, I will share it :)

I hope it works out!

I'm in Northern Tas, not likely to move anytime soon.

I'm quite happy to drive the 50 minutes south everyday for work in Launceston, have been doing it for over 20 yrs now if you include work and study. Tasmanian's are a funny bunch people are always making comments to me that it's a long way to drive everyday when it's only 65km.

LOL, I didn't realise Taswegians were like that but that makes sense.