Jump to content
Kothos

Where does everybody live these days?

Location distribution  

40 members have voted

  1. 1. I am in...

    • NSW - Sydney
      8
    • NSW - not Sydney
      0
    • Vic. - Melbourne
      2
    • Vic. - not Melbourne
      0
    • Qld. - Brisbane
      7
    • Qld. - not Brisbane
      2
    • SA - Adelaide
      2
    • SA - not Adelaide
      1
    • WA - Perth
      5
    • WA - not Perth
      1
    • ACT - Canberra or not Canberra, does it really matter?
      3
    • Tas. - Hobart
      0
    • Tas. - not Hobart
      5
    • NT - Darwin
      1
    • NT - not Darwin
      0
    • Somewhere else / not in Australia
      3


Recommended Posts

On 7/10/2018 at 6:53 PM, Kothos said:

I'm wondering what my chances are of catching up for a drink with someone local. I've just quit my job to become a full time student and while I'm not going to be too flush, I'll hopefully have at least a BIT of time on my hands for a change.

Whatcha studying, K?

And who are the traitorous Brisbanites who voted but didn't post??
Oh yeah, I'm still in Brisbane. Still. That doesn't help a Sydney-sider, though, sorry ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, elvenwhore said:

Whatcha studying, K?

And who are the traitorous Brisbanites who voted but didn't post??
Oh yeah, I'm still in Brisbane. Still. That doesn't help a Sydney-sider, though, sorry ? 

I'm going to try to be a high school teacher - computing and maths, maybe engineering depending on how the accreditations work (it's no end of confusing).  Was originally a fallback when I volunteered for a redundancy but I'm actually liking it more than whatever used to pass for my "career".

I've not had time to get out for the last several months anyway - but last assignment for the semester is due tomorrow and after that I might not know what I'll be doing with myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 8:51 PM, elvenwhore said:

And who are the traitorous Brisbanites who voted but didn't post??
Oh yeah, I'm still in Brisbane. Still. That doesn't help a Sydney-sider, though, sorry ? 

Traitorous?

 

No, lurking is just business as usual for Brisbane.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2018 at 8:17 PM, Gas Lee said:

Traitorous?

 

No, lurking is just business as usual for Brisbane.

Oh that is true, I momentarily forgot my roots! ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

?

Could have sworn I posted in this thread.

I'm still in Perth but moving back to Adelaide before end of year - personal reasons as described in another thread.

Cheers

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, neoprint said:

Cairns. Moved here from NZ coming up 5 years ago

Was down there the other day .first time in aaages ? ...wow but the Base Hospital has grown mighty big !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, eveln said:

Was down there the other day .first time in aaages ? ...wow but the Base Hospital has grown mighty big !

It's about the same size as it's always been for me, I don't have much of a frame of reference.

Probably moving away soon though, really struggling to make friends here ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, neoprint said:

It's about the same size as it's always been for me, I don't have much of a frame of reference.

Probably moving away soon though, really struggling to make friends here ?

Such a transient population makes it hard I guess, also depends what area of work you be in . They tell me having kids generates a social network ... all depends whether you be ready the long term foreverness of that avenue ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Live in a little place called Blackwall in Northern Tassie.

Being a single guy and one income I bought a small place I've been renovating over the last 2 years. Couldnt afford one already renovated but I have been enjoying doing the work myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hulkster said:

Live in a little place called Blackwall in Northern Tassie.

Being a single guy and one income I bought a small place I've been renovating over the last 2 years. Couldnt afford one already renovated but I have been enjoying doing the work myself.

If it's to the same standard as your car work then you must be feeling pretty proud . And rightly so

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So far, only three of us are from outside of Oz - and at least one is an ex-pat Aussie.

As for me, I'm very much a minority here these days, being in NZ.

 

Hey, those few who can remember 15-16 years ago, wasn't Wormstrangler a Kiwi? (I have a feeling that might not be correct. I'm afraid my poor elderly mind is somewhat hazy when it comes to vital information like that...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

?

Hey GTAV6!! ?

I don't recall Wormie bieng a Kiwi,  an ex-pat perhaps, nice guy, not seen him here in years.

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys. I had a feeling I wasn't recalling correctly. Of course, now it's going to annoy me, wondering who it was in the back of my mind. Whomever it was, they were often hilariously outspoken - and frequently reprimanded for it.

I really do miss the old at0mic and the host of unique characters that used to inhabit it...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 10:02 AM, hulkster said:

Live in a little place called Blackwall in Northern Tassie.

Ah so you moved to the West Tamar then. Nice up there and not too far from Launny if you can't get what you want locally or in Exeter.

 

On 10/26/2018 at 9:42 PM, eveln said:

If it's to the same standard as your car work then you must be feeling pretty proud

Yep bet the work is top notch, like the cars.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

geez, i don't even know how to answer this poll...

 

when i first stumbled across atomic, i was a kid in townsville... i went from there to melbourne, back to townsville, down to brisbane, townsville again, brisbane again, townsville once more... have been in sydney for a few months since early june, but will be moving to canberra end of next week.... 

 

it would be awesome to catch up with some atomicans again! but my schedule has not allowed for this thing called a social life, that i hear others talking about... 

 

i will be getting a permanent roster in canberra though, so perhaps a small meet up (there, or in sydney) could be on the cards....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What sort of work is that?

I've not seen any Canberra people in a fair while.  Used to run into Dajobo almost like clockwork at a nearby Coles about once every 6 months and used to see Chef once in a while but probably been over 2 years since seeing anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow... C|sco !!! Nice to see you're still around - I've often wondered where you were and how you were getting on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rybags said:

What sort of work is that?

I've not seen any Canberra people in a fair while.  Used to run into Dajobo almost like clockwork at a nearby Coles about once every 6 months and used to see Chef once in a while but probably been over 2 years since seeing anyone.

have been offered a mobile patrol job, alarm responses with a K9 - should be a hell of a lot more fun than where i ended up in sydney!

3 minutes ago, GTAV6 said:

Wow... C|sco !!! Nice to see you're still around - I've often wondered where you were and how you were getting on.

and you, dude ?

 

i guess i just drifted away, some years ago now.... life has this habit of getting in the way of itself ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×