Forum upgrade is live! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
redrob

sennheiser 175 wireless headphones

Gday ok so i have a problem dad bought a set of these for Home theater we have a Sony Bravia TV My problem is i get sound on all the Austar channels and local free to air T.V. but when we go on to the movie channels ,there's no Audio we contacted Jb hi fi but there as much help as tits on a bull .Oh we dont have a tech .I have followed the manual ive tried using the normal analog audio out cable as well as the digital audio cable .I have switched the digital input to PCM still nothing .

Posted (edited)

Movie channels?

Are you talking the free to air ones or something else like streaming or satellite?

I'd have to have a look but there's different codecs in use as of a couple of years ago. Legacy DTV is somewhat like the old DVDs being Mpeg-2 and usually AC3 for the audio.

To fit more streams into the bandwidth, Mpeg-4 video is used on some stations now and I think that they're probably paired with AAC audio which might be the problem.

Though like you've said - the usual is that digital audio gets piped around the home theatre devices as PCM anyway so source format shouldn't matter.

But a fix might come down to playing about with audio formats of the devices in use.

ed - I just checked a recording of 9HD, it's AC3 but that would likely be to retain legacy support as the SD version of the channel would be sharing the audio.

Will have to look for a unique channel that uses the setup I suspect... likely one of the crappy shopping channels.

ed2- strange. 9Life is a H.265 channel in SD and uses MP2 audio. Maybe it gives better compression at the shitty bitrates they'd assign to the minor channels.

Edited by Rybags
  • Like 1

Rybags

Gday mate thanks its the paid movie channels on austar ,a pain in the arse all the others work fine.Any Darwin geeks on here haaaaaa

With no understanding of how they work, I'd be asking for a refund on the headphones. Not fit-for-purpose.

• Like 1

Could also be a problem with surround sound. I've had similar when streaming local videos with 5.1 audio to my Bluray player - often the result is no audio at all.

Try the Info button or equivalent on your remote - usually it'll give you a bit of stream information such as stereo, dolby surround etc.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Cheers Nich ,yes mate for nearly $500 think it might be the best option .

Rybags ill check that out ,It goes from the Tv through the surround sound system .but the digital display cable is plugged into the surround system .Oh and now i find it does have a blu ray system as well.Its all new to me i just moved back home haaaaaaaaaaaaa The only information button there is is on the austar remote.should i look in settings.

Found settings for the Blu ray ,and the surround ,but no infomation on the frequency of the movie

Edited by redrob

All good guys i changed to analog audio cable and works on all channels.Thanks again