hulkster

Getting on, it's not too bad.

I thought as we get older we are meant to slow down and ease into old age. I was always scared of aging. I'm 54 and busier than I've ever been. I live alone in the little place I bought a couple of years back after my divorce and have spent most weekends working on the house or in the yard. Work is still very busy and my two grown up kids still give me reason for worry most of the time.

Ive just started restoring another old holden to sit along side "Betsy" and I am also doing a bit of backyard bodywork to help pay for the house renos and car resto.

I find myself in bed most nights by 9:00 and asleep by 9:01

I am doing what I enjoy but am also starting to feel all 54 years. Still haven't had my Knees replacements done and not sure I can go much longer before they will become a priority. My back will never be good but isn't stopping me do what I want to and in general my health seems ok now.

Looking forward I cant see myself slowing down intentionally, but as I get older I guess the body will start dictating what I will and wont be able to do.

I enjoy life, drink too much, carrying 15 kilos too many, but basically getting older isn't as daunting as I once thought.

• Like 2

"As it harm none, do as thou wilt." Seems like sage advice to me, but probably best not to use those particular words around your churchy friends. ;)

Needs amendment: "," -> " and are able,".

It does indeed TFMP, just came home from 2 and1/2 weeks in there myself, mix of mobility, pneumonia, dehydration and blood clots on my lungs. No idea where it all came from, had the mobility thing for a bit, te rest just snuck up on me and I don't even have a grandkid to bounce on my knee :)

• Confused 1

My boss, who visits his doc with frequency, is told by said doc. to keep active. My boss I think is closer to seventy than sixty, and does as much of his own work and home repairs, renos etc. inside and outside that he's qualified ( sometimes dubiously so )

to do. I know some of his issues, but not all. That's his wife's pleasure and place to know ;) << so frigging glad I'm not privy to all of it.

So I think the concesus is to keep the blood moving and whatever muscles left, pumping ,Yeaahh !

Hope you both are okay now,TMFP and chrisg.

... good to be in a nice place hulkster :)

Good to hear you're getting on with stuff.

Change ie things & people going away is something I don't deal well with either.

But once the pain's over you sometimes wonder what all the fuss was about.

My boss, who visits his doc with frequency, is told by said doc. to keep active. My boss I think is closer to seventy than sixty, and does as much of his own work and home repairs, renos etc. inside and outside that he's qualified ( sometimes dubiously so )

to do. I know some of his issues, but not all. That's his wife's pleasure and place to know ;) << so frigging glad I'm not privy to all of it.

So I think the concesus is to keep the blood moving and whatever muscles left, pumping ,Yeaahh !

Hope you both are okay now,TMFP and chrisg.

... good to be in a nice place hulkster :)

:)

I'm getting there but not arrived as yet EV, tend to think they sent me home a little early my GP agrees but after swearing over their to him inadequate report and a script that made no sense he prefers to look after me himself :)

Cheers

stop whingeing you poor old bastard / hulkster

i'm half a decade older than you and post-cancerous

i do note that i've gained a bit of a paunch since returning to rude good health, and being out of condition i get out of breath far easier than when i was young

i can recommend malignancy as a weight loss regime, but the rest of it is a bit onerous

i usually swing into bed by midnight, but infrequently might crash much earlier, and not unusually stay up past 1

however, i never crawl out befoire around 8 unless there's a very special reason... and there hardly ever is :)

i have never worried about growing old, because i am always the age i am, but my brain refuses to stop being pretty juvenile, which helps considerably

some people say growing old sucks, but it beats the alternative

As I mature ;) I always want to recall how I thought and felt at younger ages.