chrisg

What a HELL of a year, does it get much worse? (Probably, I'm still breathing :) )

I really can't believe the crap that has hit me this year:

• Christmas, glandular fever that persisted for ages
  • January, had to move house, wife walked out same day we moved in, vanished for two weeks, still, probably permanently, separated
  • Meanwhile removalist lost or failed to pack, never known which, several thousands of dollars of mostly my possessions including a near new BBQ and is still refusing to compensate me, court is becoming the only option
  • New house a disaster to be honest, but wife has me locked in to 12 month lease
  • March, began to feel even more ill, became delusional was hospitalised for two and a half weeks after various medications made little difference
  • Discovered was badly dehydrated from a nasty virus, also had pneumonia and a mobility issue
  • Was about to be cleared to come home when blood clots were found on my lungs, had to stay in for thinning injections, probably still sent home too soon
  • Get home to find house mates have tossed a pile of my canned food, seem to have some religious belief in best by dates, which I've proved over and over are purest marketing
  • House mate leaves lights on on my car over night, dead five year old battery, replace, now car will crank but won't start ( see other thread)
  • Bills piling up, no ability to work

The only thing that is keeping me going is I've made a firm decision to move back to Adelaide, back to friends and family - there is nothing much to keep me in W.A. any more, my best friend died, my daughters are adults and talking of moving interstate as well. A lot of work to do to reduce possessions but it will be worth it.

What a year - and not much over half over- just as well I am not the suicidal type.

Cheers

Hey Chris,

Sorry to hear it's been a bad time, but hope the optimism and good luck kicks in and things start improving.

The health things are sort of things you end up having to accept and take the hit, but when people dick you around, it's hard to believe in the world sometimes.

Happy to catch up for a beer and chat when you arrive in Adelaide - assuming I can get to spend a few weeks at home myself (between work travel to Amberley, Darwin, Knoxville and Redondo Beach).

OK, you probably have me beat

diabetes, necrotizing facitits, deep depression, lost big toe, more depression, lost another toe (depression disappeared, weird)

been told that my life span has thus been shortened

found you can still mess up an idiot proof insulin injection (miss the fat, inject into a blood vessel)

business closed 6 of the last 12 months

but my 2.8yo grandson thinks I am awesome

Edited by TheManFromPOST

;0

Um no TMFP, I think you have me well beat, nothing I'm going through is life threatening.

I'll look forward to it stadl, will be a few months, but plan is in motion :)

Cheers

Geez Chris, what did you do you offend the Gods out there ...

:)

Not believe in them ? :)

Dunno, from a perfectly ok 2017 everything went pear-shaped.

Cheers

I'd say pneumonia ( especially in a late-ish middle-aged person ) is life threatening.

Hope you both are managing to get things back in order again. Sorry to read about the second toe TMFP but glad your head space is better :)

I'd say pneumonia ( especially in a late-ish middle-aged person ) is life threatening.

Hope you both are managing to get things back in order again. Sorry to read about the second toe TMFP but glad your head space is better :)

Hmm,

it responded well to two weeks on an anti-biotic drip Ev, but certainly not fun. The doc told me pneumonia is not the killer it once was, dunno, I've known a lot of people have it and survive.

Cheers

If it helps, Chris, there's at least one person thinking of you over on this side of the Tasman... me (for what it's worth).

Focus on breathing - at the end of the day, everything else is just noise :o)

If it helps, Chris, there's at least one person thinking of you over on this side of the Tasman... me (for what it's worth).

Focus on breathing - at the end of the day, everything else is just noise :o)

Good to hear mate, thanks :)

I've a lot to do to get completely back on track but slowly, slowly catchee monkey :)

Cheers

Yeah it gets better. I had a patch from about mid 2016 until March 2017 where practically everything went my way.

Then next thing, work dried up and things went somewhat shitty until early this year.

Now, things are sort of slow but I'm either static or moving forward slowly which is better than slipping backwards.

Cheers

No Probs. Let me know if you need a had with anything when you get here.

Cheers

No Probs. Let me know if you need a had with anything when you get here.

;0

I may well take you up on that mate, many thanks for the offer :)

Cheers

Hmm,

it responded well to two weeks on an anti-biotic drip Ev, but certainly not fun. The doc told me pneumonia is not the killer it once was, dunno, I've known a lot of people have it and survive.

Cheers

My mate included in the number of those to survive, but only cos he stopped and let his body rest and recuperate some. So just bloody look after your self. A healthy -ish body is needed to survive the stresses of staying alive ;)

Damn, that's a terrible run of bad luck. I hope it means there's a bright side and good things are coming.

Mate I know we have somewhat of an age gap, but when I'm back in Perth (FIFO) I'm happy to have a beer with you. Everyone needs other people around

PM me if it suits

Mate I know we have somewhat of an age gap, but when I'm back in Perth (FIFO) I'm happy to have a beer with you. Everyone needs other people around

PM me if it suits

You can count me in on that mate :)

Cheers