Nich...

Forum downtime / new feature testing

4 hours ago, SceptreCore said:

Hmmm... doesn't look too bad.

I hope those with dyslexia are able to change it to a light over dark colour scheme.

This is actually something worth talking about.  Do you have dyslexia?  Are there fonts and colour combinations that you find easier to read?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, eveln said:

where's the sign out  maker gone ?

Top right corner there should be a small icon next to your username, and a little downward-pointing triangle.  Click and it should give access to your profile settings and a link to sign-out.

OK, stupid question.  Where the hell is the option to set your av?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rybags said:

OK, stupid question.  Where the hell is the option to set your av?

If you click in the top right username dropdown item,  select profile.  In the next page that comes up, where your 'current' avatar is, there's a little square you can click.  You have the option to upload an image, link to an external image, use a gravatar, or pick 'none'.

2 hours ago, Nich... said:

The 'jump to last unread post' thing seems to be working now.  Keeping in mind everything was probably declared 'dead' in the upgrade.

FTFY

3 minutes ago, Nich... said:

If you click in the top right username dropdown item,  select profile.  In the next page that comes up, where your 'current' avatar is, there's a little square you can click.  You have the option to upload an image, link to an external image, use a gravatar, or pick 'none'.

Doesn't seem to be visible on mobile.

1 minute ago, ReapermanRS said:

FTFY

Hey hey, keep your pants on, tiger.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Hey hey, keep your pants on, tiger.

Still on days off = Still got pants off.

DealWithIt.gif

Also dislike the un-nesting of quotes.

51 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Top right corner there should be a small icon next to your username, and a little downward-pointing triangle.  Click and it should give access to your profile settings and a link to sign-out.

okay . So now I have  a fuller view of the thread and thanks for ^^ ... mind you I only got the full posts after clicking on the notification about you quoting me ...

3 hours ago, Nich... said:

This is actually something worth talking about.  Do you have dyslexia?  Are there fonts and colour combinations that you find easier to read?

I don't... but in my experience I have found some with dyslexia have had trouble with white font on a black background. Just hurts their brain and they can't look at it.

• Like 1

Themes is where it's at.  Though the good thing about this place is that there was immediate effort to get away from the boring Windows 98 look that the Invision default engine had until a few years ago and that most forums using it barely altered.

first impressions...

its like someone vacuumed up our collective dead skin and then repainted and decorated and cooked dinner. its the old new forum but with a new old new forum smell...fresh!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nich... said:

@Chaos.Lady  you suck.  Even more than @ReapermanRS does, which is quite the feat.

Only if you ask VERRY nicely @Nich...

Hey - I got a popup!  That looks kinda familiar!  Maybe I can use the stupid @ feature. :P

Request:  The notification type " Someone gives reputation to something I posted " - can we get the option to disable that?  Currently greyed out and forced as yes.

Edited by Rybags
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1