Nich...

Forum downtime / new feature testing

Gentlefolk,

the time has finally come to turn off Atomic... so we can update some bits and bobs behind the scene! The forums will be unavailable from ~9am on Monday, July 30th, until approximately 5pm, AEST.

Keep on glowin'

Throwing this up in TGR for commenting etc.

Edited by Nich...
Timezones are important
  • Like 1

The cave must be frigging filthy with the lack of care ! ... ages since it's been closed for biznezz

will they finally be adding HTTPS support? and Mobile support?

Captcha to stop the annoying bots?

Yes, reCaptcha will be on the rego.

Mobile support yes, the new theme is responsive. HTTPS might not make this update, but it is on the short list of things.

• Thanks 1

Captcha to stop the annoying bots?

Yes, reCaptcha will be on the rego.

Mobile support yes, the new theme is responsive. HTTPS might not make this update, but it is on the short list of things.

"Sheesh... is he still around?!" [in a good way!]

*scurries over to LinkedIn*

"He's still there from the AJB days!"

Rob.

will they finally be adding Mobile support?

Is there anything the current mobile version doesn't do that you'd like it to do?

will they finally be adding Mobile support?

Is there anything the current mobile version doesn't do that you'd like it to do?

Well, it's obviously been a while since I'd accessed the site on a mobile device.

Still can't do any reply formatting.

It now seems to work ok. before, there was just a generic theme applied.

we now have a reputation?

.....and sound effects????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Edited by TheManFromPOST
  • Confused 1

HTTPS finally made it!

needs a lot of tweaks. the colours are a bit hard to read (I'm on Firefox 57)

Also, there used be a little star icon to the left of the thread title that you could click to go to the next unread post.

Edited by smadge1

Just on... maybe it's a missed setting but I normally used the "View new content" page to browse forum posts in order of recent activity which put about a week's worth on the page.

This new "Unread content" thing doesn't seem to work so well.

38 minutes ago, smadge1 said:

HTTPS finally made it!

needs a lot of tweaks. the colours are a bit hard to read (I'm on Firefox 57)

Also, there used be a little star icon to the left of the thread title that you could click to go to the next unread post.

If you see any odd colours or hard to read bits, post some screen shots as things look like to me in Firefox 61 and Chrome 68.

I think unreads got reset with the upgrades, so that might explain the missing start (I've had one on this thread which has new content since the upgrade))

19 minutes ago, Rybags said:

Just on... maybe it's a missed setting but I normally used the "View new content" page to browse forum posts in order of recent activity which put about a week's worth on the page.

This new "Unread content" thing doesn't seem to work so well.

The unread content might be out of wack for a bit, as the search is being re-indexed which will take a while to finish (a couple of days maybe).

OK.  Having the reply window the same colour as the background - don't like that much.

HTTPS ?  What's the advantage (disregarding the obvious security stuff) other than not having browser password insertion not quite as easy without it?

1886.jpg

Had to try the upload facility.

Edited by Rybags

8 minutes ago, Daniel Godden said:

I think unreads got reset with the upgrades, so that might explain the missing start (I've had one on this thread which has new content since the upgrade)) 

The unread content might be out of wack for a bit, as the search is being re-indexed which will take a while to finish (a couple of days maybe).

The star is there, but it used to be a link that would take you to the first unread post, however, it no longer does that. And it seems to stay. Unread content is indicated by the title being bold (which I'm fine with) but there seems to be no way to hit that first unread post.

The 'jump to last unread post' thing seems to be working now.  Keeping in mind everything was probably declared 'read' in the upgrade.

• Like 1

Just now, Nich... said:

Nested quotes disappear.

Edited by Nich...

Signatures are enabled, but the separator bar is black - I can only see it as a mod on hidden posts, which have a different colour scheme.

On 7/25/2018 at 9:40 AM, robzy said:

"Sheesh... is he still around?!" [in a good way!]

*scurries over to LinkedIn*

"He's still there from the AJB days!"

Rob.

test