Nich...

New forum issues/features here (Atomic πi)

just fyi @Nich on 21st Nov. at 7.20pm this and the other thread lower down the page were closed to new posts... not so much now though

I've just enabled a change, to slightly alter how RTM (report to moderator) works: if two people report a post by a new account as being spam (or potential spam, if you're not sure), it'll auto-hide it until we can deal with that account-holder.  Don't worry if it's not instant.

We're also working on some things to make it clearer who our active members are, and give them a little flair to thank them for sticking around.

Issue here that's a right PITA - almost every time I click to start a reply on the WOYM thread, a quote that I generated days ago fills the reply box and is sometimes impossible to get rid of.

Unsure if it's the latest Firefox causing the problem though fairly sure the previous version did the same (I updated about 2 days ago).

It's a forum caching thing, I think.  Have you tried just posting and editing/deleting it?  For me, just deleting it from the posting box tends to make it disappear without the fuss of posting/editing.

11 hours ago, Nich... said:

It's a forum caching thing, I think.  Have you tried just posting and editing/deleting it?  For me, just deleting it from the posting box tends to make it disappear without the fuss of posting/editing.

Pretty sure there is/was a "clear editor" button (or similar) hidden down at the bottom somewhere.  I remember disliking it for that very reason when it was first implemented, but after clicking on it everything has been behaving itself ever since - and I've now forgotten the details.

31 minutes ago, Cybes said:

Pretty sure there is/was a "clear editor" button (or similar) hidden down at the bottom somewhere.  I remember disliking it for that very reason when it was first implemented, but after clicking on it everything has been behaving itself ever since - and I've now forgotten the details.

Yeah, bottom left of the RTE, just above the bit about inserting files

And we be seen at the bottom of the individual room we choose to haunt again 😛  ... is good imo. ... thanks.

• Like 1

Found another couple of annoyances but don't know if they can be fixed.  Relating to the "Unread Content" page.

1. It's handy how the "goto first unread post" bottom is provided but you don't have the facility to open the thread at it's last point if you've already read the last post.

2. Closely related - there's no page numbers like the normal thread lists so you have no choice but to open threads at their first page.

On 01/01/2019 at 4:18 PM, TheManFromPOST said:

I dont like how this new software handles my user name

TheManFromPOS

T

Which bit?

On 01/01/2019 at 7:32 PM, Rybags said:

Found another couple of annoyances but don't know if they can be fixed.  Relating to the "Unread Content" page.

1. It's handy how the "goto first unread post" bottom is provided but you don't have the facility to open the thread at it's last point if you've already read the last post.

2. Closely related - there's no page numbers like the normal thread lists so you have no choice but to open threads at their first page.

1. Isn't that achieved by clicking on the speech bubble icon, seeing as there's no date to click? I'm on mobile ATM so I'm not sure how different the UI is.

2. Was this previously different on the unread screen in v.pi? I don't think it can be changed, it's an artefact of unread vs forum index views.

4 hours ago, SceptreCore said:

Is it me or is the site painfully slow?

Not just me then.

ping and tracert are fine, so it's server or an ad provider.

I've noticed banner ads again. Is it still slow if they're blocked?

Turned on target URL notification - the site hangs are happening on "TLS handshake", whatever that is.  HTH

Is it slow across multiple browsers? Which ones is it slow for/are you using?

20 hours ago, SceptreCore said:

Is it me or is the site painfully slow?

ohh the urge to say it's just you :P 😛 ... but no it's not. For me it was noticeable yesterday morning  and it's still pretty painfull ( especially waiting for the emoji choice link )

I don't have ad blocks on though ...

39 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Opening atomic from ff first , and then just slow to complete the load of TGR forum <<< it's where I go ;)

4 hours ago, Nich... said:

Slow across Edge, Chrome, and Opera. Chrome is the slowest though I reckon. The site takes ages to load... and just navigating it is slow too.

11 hours ago, Nich... said:

I can only speak to Chrome android app and FF q64: those are both very patchy - almost normal, right down to a full minute to load a page yesterday morning.

Just checked chrome and Firefox on Android, seems fine.