nickeax

Green Room non-Googleable Music Quiz Game.

Released in 1968.

Yeah yeah from the tomb of Tutankhamun.

Even though the artist's have sold over 70 million albums, I will conced that not everyone was a fan of prog rock.

In some circles it was considered to be the first Progressive Rock album to be a major commercial success.

I think it was also the band's first successful album.

To be honest I was sure the initials of the band name would be a major give away.

A number of the singles from their albums got massive amounts of airtime.

🙂

Correctomundo 🤸👏

Do you want to take a shot at the poem/song. 🤔

I picked out this song, because it was the first song of theirs that made me listen to the radio jock to make sure I got their name.

A warm Sunday Arvo at Kapooka basic training.

We were confined to base, Sunday was a day off, so we were all in the court between buildings polishing our brass and spit polishing boots, someone even ran a lead out and were ironing greens.

Almost a homely feeling with us all collectivly doing our chors and beginning to bond after 12 weeks of shared hardships, starting to feel the euphoria of physical fitness.

About 9 or so newly acquired boom boxes all tuned to the same station that they were every other Sunday, so we could hear American Top 40 and Casey Carson's Coast to Coast.

Particularly good acoustics in the space with the many speakers spread out.

This guy started saying the poem , it touted some thought provoking notions , then the music started.

Well my goodness... I felt up lifted and in the moment, and I simultaneously realised 3 things.

I really like The Moody Blues...I love the sound of the Sitar..... what some folks call spiritual experiences, could be in some cases moments of peak euphoria, I don't say this to diminish their reality, I say it to explain mine.

The 5 or so minutes of peak euphoria passed and left me feeling better for the rest of the day.

Have a soft spot for this track ever since.

Edited by Waltish
grammar

Oh, of course! I never thought about the tracks as having names... it's all just one long crazy progfest.

The Moody Blues - The Word/Om

First heard this around the end of the last century. My ex's father loved prog. Sometimes he would play Pink Floydd until stupid o'clock in the morning. If it was a school night, we (me, ex, his bro) would be yelling at him to turn it down ffs. Sometimes we would get a compromise and play this instead. You can drift off to sleep to the sound of The Moody Blues.

• Like 1

Yes we have been In Search Of The Lost Chord .

And you found it Fenn.🕺

My first Moody's album was Seventh Sojourn.

Great music it was from them and the lyrics were often thought provoking.

Your go now.😎

Just for fun ...

• Like 1

Oh thank fuck for that :) ... Come on Fenn ! I can plaaayyyyyy this time lol.

Nice choice of Moody's tunes Walt, really nice.

• Like 1

YAY! Sorry it's taken me so long, I've spent the rest of the day listening to The Moody Blues... 

Change of tone and pace:

N by PH

Not hard to do a day with the Moody's there's enough evolution over the years, to not get too samey.

One more while I wrap my head around the new quizztion.🙂

I got all excited about being back in the 'scrum' ... and now not got a clue  about, "N by PH" .

/ did ya get that wee hint Fenn ? Did ya ?? ...lol

I was thinking "Numb" by "Portis Head" but then realised its one word "Portishead" 🤔

A hint, eh?

The song dates from the 80s but refers to stuff from the 60s and 70s. 

oooooooh Chaos nips in and bags it! Yep, Nineteen - because another favourite website of mine turned 19 yesterday 🙂

Your turn, Lady Chaos!

Well done, I dinah hae eh cloo 👏

I heard it heaps of times on the radio just never noticed, who performed it or what It was called.

Interesting bit of music.

Edited by Waltish
additional content

Wanders back in.  Wow.  Missed a bit.  

I had a hard time trying to remember song names from Moody Blues.  The prog and timing thing is what did it for me.  

I'm trying not to google the songs either.  I'm trying just to use 'da old brain'.  

Look forwards to Chao's submission.

AD

Ummmm.  I'm kinda nervous about stumping you lot now...

Ok.  B by DB

On my heavy rotation list right now, it might be a tricky one but not because it's esoteric. It's fairly recent (last few years) and the title track on the album. 

A possibly really vague clue is "last takes a lot from early". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AccessDenied said:

I'm trying not to google the songs either.  I'm trying just to use 'da old brain'. 

AD

Well you'd be the last of the non-googling-Mohicans then :)  ... sometimes ya just gotta google or, in scruffy's case, duckduckgo !!

nah, i google when i'm having a dig

my paranoia for google knowing all isn't very great. and adblock plus takes care of the blowback

db makes my brain go "david bowie" and then it stops

Blackstar, David  Bowie!

Heavy, heavy rotation for me - if you haven't heard it, do yourself a favour. Do yourself ten favours. Really. Now. Go. Listen to the whole album.

• Like 1

Give Fenn a cigar!

Yep. Seriously amazing album. Such a talent. So many call backs to his early work but with a maturity that only decades can produce.