nickeax

Green Room non-Googleable Music Quiz Game.

Nice one Fenn 🙂 ...David Bowie, the gift that keeps on giving. "Absolute Beginners" a film that always comes to mind for me when Bowie's name crops up

I'm a heretic, obviously: I don't like that.  At all.  To me, that's an atonal mess that can't figure out what time signature it wants to be.  But that's ok - I don't need every number from any artist to be perfectly my taste to think they're good, and Bowie is way better than just 'good' in my book.

3 hours ago, Cybes said:

I'm a heretic, obviously: I don't like that.  At all.  To me, that's an atonal mess that can't figure out what time signature it wants to be.  But that's ok - I don't need every number from any artist to be perfectly my taste to think they're good, and Bowie is way better than just 'good' in my book.

I think I love it because it takes me back to his Spiders from Mars days but seems a lot more "mature".  It's so densely layered and his voice is just perfect.

Fenn is doing school fete stuff at moment.  Busy period.  (Fete is tomorrow).  She's doing all the prep work and the like.  

She's not forgotten you.  She's just damn busy.  

AD

... and fete stuff is moar important, How ?!  :P~

I think Blackstar is my favourite album of his. It's a magnificent piece of art and it pushes the boundaries just as far as his music ever did - but with the distinction that we haven't had time to get used to it yet!

Right, my turn again... erm...

IDC by FC

P.S. Fete stuff is more important cos we just spent half an hour spray painting graffiti lettering for a sign and it was super fun. If I knew it was this much fun I'd have been out tagging twenty years ago! Pics in the morning, because you can't see it in torchlight 😄

Well I hope some teens out there get a buzz or three from Ziggy too. It was pretty enthralling for a young me hearing and seeing it for the first time. All his music is new for someone/s

13 minutes ago, Fenn said:

P.S. Fete stuff is more important cos we just spent half an hour spray painting graffiti lettering for a sign and it was super fun. If I knew it was this much fun I'd have been out tagging twenty years ago! Pics in the morning, because you can't see it in torchlight 😄

lol ... look forward to it :)

now onto the next...

"I Don't Care " by I don't know who , yet ...

Dammit, now I'm gonna have that in my head... "I don't care - I love it!" 

Sorry, no prizes yet ev!

14 hours ago, eveln said:

Nice one Fenn 🙂 ...David Bowie, the gift that keeps on giving. "Absolute Beginners" a film that always comes to mind for me when Bowie's name crops up

i always think about "the man who fell to earth" when i consider his film work

although i have a soft spot for merry christmas mr lawrence - it was filmed on rarotonga only a few months after i left, having spent quarter of a year there as a student "studying" tropical medicine,and the theme song is amazing (as is ryiuchi sakamoto)

1 hour ago, Fenn said:

I think Blackstar is my favourite album of his. It's a magnificent piece of art and it pushes the boundaries just as far as his music ever did - but with the distinction that we haven't had time to get used to it yet!

young americans does it for me

dave sanbourn of sax is always a good thing

No answers yet?

I''ll get back to you with a clue later, but right now I'm off to help set up the school fete where I will spend a fair bit of cash 😉

Well *cash* was the first clue.

The second... hmmm... it isn't really my birthday.

Oooooooooo I just thought you had a serious retail urge  :) ... christ I still have nfi Fenn.

This is firmly twenty-first century. And if you want any more clues you can find me in the local drinking establishment, with a bottle of champagne (I'll have ecstasy available if you are inclined to consume drugs).

I see how this works now 🙂 I do all the pleading for clues and one other of you lot out there  use my efforts and wizz in with the answer to the latest  ... lol.

This needs moar thought but thanks for narrowing the time period

1 hour ago, eveln said:

use my efforts and wizz in with the answer to the latest

Not hardly!  I have no more idea now than initially.

49 minutes ago, Cybes said:

Not hardly!  I have no more idea now than initially.

comforting to know I'm not alone ;)

So... remember that Paul Hardcastle song? That was a bit confusing because does 19 start with N or with a 1? I had to apply similar logic here.

Reminder for those whose scroll button is borked: 

IDC by FC

Hahaa! That's all I needed 🤸

In Da Club by Fifty Cent 😎

Edited by Waltish
additional content

Was instant , letters for numbers ping FC = Fifty Cent, had to scratch my head for the song though ☺️

11 hours ago, eveln said:

one other of you lot out there  use my efforts and wizz in with the answer to the latest  ... lol.

^^^ :P~

• Like 1

Hehe soz eveln , being awake in the wee hours, was a boon for posting first.

Am sure that clue would have pinged the answer for a number of people 🙂

Edited by Waltish
removed text.