nickeax

Green Room non-Googleable Music Quiz Game.

14 hours ago, Cybes said:

I can see one of two reactions to this: either /headslap, or "Who?" - I still have no idea.

Might be head-slap, though not a global megastar, he did make some noise on the Australian music scene and got a good measure of airtime. 🤔

Edited by Waltish
spellings

6 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

pm is scott morrison.... for now ?

One staff officer jumped right over another staff officer's back ...... They were only playing LeapFrog 🙂

Though I will tell you who the featured TP is

TP = Tex Perkins 😉

1 hour ago, Chaos.Lady said:

So, "Who?" then - for me at least.

BTW, that acronym should be "HPM by PM" - no "S".  Not that it makes any difference in my case.

• Like 1

Is the winner  👏

Of course your turn now C.L😎

Some  fun facts Paul Francis McDermott (Paul Mac) not to be confused confused with Paul Anthony Michael McDermott of DAAS fame, did in fact appear on two episodes of Good news week as himself Paul Mac 😎

The album the song came of was his debut album and was recorded at his then new studio in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney.

Albums name is, "3,000 Feet High"

It's worth a dig through that albums track list some interesting stuff 😎

32 minutes ago, Cybes said:

So, "Who?" then - for me at least.

BTW, that acronym should be "HPM by PM" - no "S".  Not that it makes any difference in my case.

Can be one word or two, both are correct search results show it both ways and some show two words hyphenated, I considered both but my voice recognition software breaks it into two words and when he sings it sounds like two words so I went with that 🙂

Edited by Waltish
spellings

On consideration the most correct way to write it would probably be H-SPM 🙂

I liked that song when it came out - I didn't even realise Tex Perkins was on it until you pointed it out. 🙂

He's a bit of a local boy around my way.  Has played at my local pub a few times. 🙂

Hmmm... ok.  An old favourite of mine.  I encourage everyone to have a listen when you get it.  It's gold.

CWG by DL

Not ringing any loud bells but I have a vague notion that I should know it 🤔

16 hours ago, Waltish said:

On consideration the most correct way to write it would probably be H-SPM 🙂

I was just going by what's written on that album cover above.  *IF* that's the one it actually came with (and not something someone cooked up for the video), the spelling the song used trumps correctness.

• Like 1

I had the cd many moons ago the original pressing if they still call it that, had that image on it , I can't remember exactly how it was compiled.

What I do remember is that it was one of the first Multimedia music albums in Oz.

Put it in a cd player it played tracks like normal, put it in a cd rom on a computer and you got a menu screen with two tabs and some writing explaining things.

Click the other and it opened a submenu to a couple of quite compressed vids.

I am pretty sure this is one of them. The other was a music video of one of the tracks. 😎

Edited by Waltish
spellings

Ok - hint time.

This song was actually turned into a childrens book.  

edit: I'll add some timeline info here as well.  Start thinking after the mullet but before Y2k.

lol. after the mullet, so any time after the seventies. Glad the time frame is approx. only thirty years.

/ god I loathe mullet-style dresses with a passion. I loathe them nearly as much as I loathe fascinators

mullets are still relatively abundant in the wilder parts of adelaide i expect

46 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

mullets are still relatively abundant in the wilder parts of adelaide i expect

Haven't been back in 5 years, but I hadn't seen one there for a *looong* time.  Not even in Elizabeth. 😜

LOL - I didn't realise the mullet was still around.  I consider the end of the mullet era to be the end of the 80's - so that should narrow it down to a decade 😉

OK.  Moar clue. Hmmmm...   Ok, we aren't talking rock, pop or electronic, metal or rap.  The artist has also written a couple of children's books, and created a stir in the environmentalist scene with the American legislature with a previous song.  This particular song is the one he is most known for.

10 hours ago, Cybes said:

Haven't been back in 5 years, but I hadn't seen one there for a *looong* time.  Not even in Elizabeth. 😜

i guess in retrospect i was last there closer to a decade ago when i made the sighting (somewhere in the vicinity of golden grove i think)

8 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

[mullet] in the vicinity of golden grove

Yeah... I guess if you're going to, that would be the spot.  Not because they're in a time warp there, but because that's kinda like the SoCal of the city: if somewhere's going to be weird, expect it there first.

On 04/12/2018 at 10:11 AM, Chaos.Lady said:

CWG by DL

I haven't the vaguest, Chaos.  (just reassuring you I *am* paying attention to the thread, not just mullets. 😉

Wow. Didn't realize this one would be such a stumper. 

The American legislature apparently seriously considered this artist's previous song (released during the 80's) for the official state song.  He has toured extensively often in places others haven't been. 

Next clues should give it away. Will post them tomorrow if no one is any closer. 

Still no takers?

Hmmmmm.  Have to think about it over dinner. 

I love steak. But it has to be cooked blue. Even rare tends to be overcooked for me. 

I could not for the life of me make any words fit that made sense.

Your answer fliptopia sounds right on 🙂

My Fritz!Box 7390 (8 years old) got fritzed in an electrical storm Thursday night, usually I hook up to wi-fi to post but until the replacement gets here I am eating my mobile data quota, when it's done I will be off the air.

Should up and running by middle of next week 😎

Couldn't resist.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fliptopia said:

Cows with guns by Dana Lyons

Flippy!  Spot on! 🙂

It's an awesome song. I hope everyone enjoys it who hasn't heard it before.  Or if you have, enjoy it again. 🙂

• Like 1