nickeax

Green Room non-Googleable Music Quiz Game.

@ nickeax. Once In A Lifetime. Talking Heads ?

...good thing you were sloshed Fenn ...

Edited by eveln

44 minutes ago, eveln said:

@ nickeax. Once In A Lifetime. Talking Heads ?

...good thing you were sloshed Fenn ...

Correct.

Cool. Talking Heads were there during quite a pivitol time in my life. Will always have a very soft spot for them

this might be soooo frigging obvious, but well ...

PVS TM

hmm, so i was idly searching around....and kinda sorta googled it.

which is to say, i googled it.

Pleasant Valley Sunday, The Monkees

btw, not obvious to me! i know the band, i watched re-runs of their show as a kid, but never heard of that song.

okay, using The Monkees as a cryptic clue in a very different way in each case, here's an easy and not so easy one:

1. GYKIT MV

2. M DTFH

1. Milli Vanilli, Girl You Know Its True (guessed the artists, had to google their songs)

2. NFI

correct!    Milli Vanilli a manufactured bullshit band, ie. in some respects 'the Monkees' of the eighties HAHA

clues for 2 :

early 90s. 

a solo artist — oops, should have mentioned that.

there is a connection between "the Monkees" and the song

Good one komuso... I had fluked the song title but had no clue as to the  hmm ' band ? ' ;)

Yeah I didn't know how to describe them either. I'm not familiar with their music, but 'artists' seems like a stretch hehe

come on @~thehung.. unless Fenn or nickeax comes in with the goods, it looks like you'll have to give up your second artiste and song ... I mean since you seem a tad against the idea of google, I'm not gonna magic-up the answer any time soon ?

Edited by eveln
a need to spell the names proper

btw, where are those bastards?  my go...and they disappear ?

okay, but the theme of the thread is a tad against the idea of google, no? so for a little while longer, if youre after another clue, youre getting zilch!

Well, as it's page 3 and you admitted to using google already   ... surely we can play a little bendy with the rules yeah ? huh ?

I'm in Queensland! Staying with my friend who has 4 kids, so there is  a lot happening and no spare time/energy for stuff like, you know, thinking. Or Internetting.

So I'm passing through in the middle of a girly session of bojack just to say I'm gonna be back next week and you better have answered this one by then!

Personally, I reckon @~thehung made it up just cos it irked his finer sensibilities to see The Monkees appear in this thread

So... still going on this one, huh? Early 90s, solo - and it's M for the song, and DTFH for the artist, yes? 

Gawd, early 90s songs with one word titles... erm... Mona?

Unless it's the other way around, single name artist - Madonna, Meatloaf, Martika?

I'm coming up with a few M songs but nothing that fits. Mouth. Marvellous. ??????????????????

about a week ago I did google and came up with an American dude who calls himself " Duncan Trussel Family Hour " ... google calls him a singer songwriter with a podcast  under that name too. nfi of the song

... but you can see why I hesitated posting ;)

Ahahahaa ^^ . you know @~thehung, given it was you, I felt I might have been on a winner with Duncan :)

(I don't go into that thread or WAYW much since the upgrade, every single clip posted comes out to the full expanse of my page, this lost it's 'fun' appeal pretty quick )

Heh yes I saw Duncan Trussell's Family Hour!

So... any more clues forthcoming??????

american artist, hip hop — probably not anyones preferred genre here

but enough for google assuming everyone is now clear that 'zilch' was always a clue

Am totally lost ? I don't know enough about hip hop music to even start searching. Even my googlefu has failed me.

if youve ever heard the song in question, then listening to The Monkee's song Zilch should give it away instantly

otherwise, what manner of connection would you expect to exist between a 90s song by a hiphop artist and a 60s band?

in any case, i can tell you that when i google monkees zilch i can see the answer on the first page  ?