nickeax

Green Room non-Googleable Music Quiz Game.

7 hours ago, SacrificialNewt said:

I need to be in love by The Carpenters

Gosh! Did fliptopia go to sleep ?? All yours SacrificialNewt :)

i'm reliving my youth here - that was such a weird song (says the man that offered mexico radio)

I used to sing it as "dance all days". Good song any which way really :)

RA by GB

I was going to go with Oh Comely by Neutral Milk Hotel but then thought better of it as my mind will be a bit too all over the place to keep giving clues for an more obscure band. Although I'm sure now someone will tell me they would have got in in seconds as a big NMH fan.

Edited by fliptopia

19 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

Although I'm sure now someone will tell me they would have got in in seconds as a big NMH fan.

not me, matey... lol

you woulda been safe there 😛

45 minutes ago, SacrificialNewt said:

Ready, able by Grizzly Bear?

Precisely. 

One of my faves songs and film clips

9 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

Precisely. 

One of my faves songs and film clips

It's a rather strange one!

A fairly recent one next.

MNIR by GN

I hadn’t realised he had done anything since he 80s and just started browsing him because of GN and started listening to cars and there it was on YouTube. I really liked it. He still has it.

DH by R

because now I’m in the mood for it.

2 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

I hadn’t realised he had done anything since he 80s and just started browsing him because of GN and started listening to cars and there it was on YouTube. I really liked it. He still has it.

The whole album is good. The one before too (Splinter). That's his daughter in the video.

i remember him from tubeway army - i really liked "are friends electric?" back in the day, when they were way ahead of the curve - especially given the song lists that got air time in 1970's adelaide

last i heard i thought he had blown his money and was living in a caravan at his mum's place, but i may have a false memory, or perhaps his late 80's period isn't that fabulous that it hasn't been documented loudly

his clip above has merit, but he always has the aura of a bowie wannabe to me

20 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

i remember him from tubeway army - i really liked "are friends electric?" back in the day, when they were way ahead of the curve - especially given the song lists that got air time in 1970's adelaide

last i heard i thought he had blown his money and was living in a caravan at his mum's place, but i may have a false memory, or perhaps his late 80's period isn't that fabulous that it hasn't been documented loudly

his clip above has merit, but he always has the aura of a bowie wannabe to me

He's been a prolific album recorder, and hasn't had any lengthy hiatuses. However, none have charted well since the early 80s until his most recent album, which debuted in the Top 10 in the UK. I heard an interview where he said he cried when he heard, and he'd never realised how much it meant to him to have another hit.

From his last album

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fliptopia said:

DH by R

because now I’m in the mood for it.

Du Hast by Rammstein?

I like that song a lot.

23 minutes ago, SacrificialNewt said:

Du Hast by Rammstein?

I like that song a lot.

That is exactly correct. It's so good and Gary Numan got me in a Rammstein mood. Never thought I'd say that.

• Like 1