Sign in to follow this  
chrisg

I do not know if it is me or the site but posting is not fun..

I wanted to post this in scruffy's "dead people" thread but I sort of gave up...

Kofi Annan died...lovely, lovely caring man, the world is poorer for his passing...

Cheers

6 hours ago, chrisg said:

I wanted to post this in scruffy's "dead people" thread but I sort of gave up...

It's really very little different than before, Chris. Main 'problem' for me is the lack of a plain-mode in the editor.

• Like 1

Yeah, the plain mode should be put back. Plain mode is staple mode of social media like FB.

There's no more plain mode, sorry.  The editor is designed as WYSIWYG.

27 minutes ago, Nich... said:

There's no more plain mode, sorry.  The editor is designed as WYSIWYG.

Figured as much - seems to be the vogue these days.

Personally, I find that a massive PITA because you can't strip attached richtext when pasting, and because inserting between quote and embedded video is damned near impossible - you have to remember to allow some space before pasting the link, or you're screwed.

Yep,  PITA.  And the workaround is either use an intermediate like Notepad to strip formatting or add an extension that gives a "Copy as plaintext" option (which browsers really should have by default anyway).

If you just want to strip formatting, the editor can do so.

Control and right click.  Or, I put a button into the toolbar to strip formatting.

🙂

That part does not bother me, it's the speed, or lack thereof, I thought it was my link but it isn't. I look after a couple of other forums myself, they are as zippy as ever.

I guess it is the host, I'll go let a contract 🙂

Otherwise, nice job Nich, very nice job 🙂

Cheers

I've not really had issue with speed, but stuff like the page scrolling back up, dimming then rendering the next page seems cheesy and pointless.

1 hour ago, Rybags said:

I've not really had issue with speed, but stuff like the page scrolling back up, dimming then rendering the next page seems cheesy and pointless.

🙂 Came with the build I guess, can be that way - I hand coded one site, somewhat of an "adult" nature so seemed a good idea, The other we "play" with bbq's so it's generic code, lots of nice people and zero angst, www. hmm... pm me if you would like a look, never a good idea to "advertise" on Atomic 🙂

Cheers

Gotta respect someone who spent their whole life pushing the rock of humanitarianism uphill. It's a thankless job and he seems to have died far too early.

Hope he's resting in peace.