NZT48

All abortion is murder and should be treated under law the same as any other murder.

Been a year or three since a robust discussion on this topic happened here.

change youre mind?

something tells me it would be easier to invent a time machine to go back and have you aborted.  

no, i think the horse has bolted in that regard.  but i do like to think that one day an anti-abortionist gene will be identified that could be screened for in the womb, and then a referendum passed requiring the humane disposal of all afflicted foetuses.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

... but i do like to think that one day an anti-abortionist gene will be identified that could be screened for in the womb, and then a referendum passed requiring the humane disposal of all afflicted foetuses. 

Oh I hope not. I feel as a species we will always need to have conflict of ethics /morals to help with our refinement of nature /nurture. I find it hard to believe we could ever be perfect.

• Like 1

?

it's difficult to  change something that  has dubious existence in the first place (referring to the other thread not the OP here ? )

Abortion is not an easy subject, I know several girls who have had them, for varying reasons, some acceptable - poor prognosis on the fetus and yes I know, even that is suspect, the Mozart example springs to mind, some as informal birth control, that is not acceptable in my view.

Every case on its merits is about as far as I ever get.

Cheers

6 hours ago, NZT48 said:

Change my mind.

Are there other websites you witness to?

18 hours ago, ResidentNeville said:

A sufficiently young foetuis not a human being

But a sperm is? A human being is a human being from the moment of conception.

14 hours ago, Nich... said:

Are there other websites you witness to?

What does it mean to witness to a website?

11 hours ago, TheManFromPOST said:

The world is over populated

Prove it. Even if it is, killing innocent babies is not the solution to the problem.

For the first Adam, burdened with an evil heart, transgressed and was overcome, as were also all who were descended from him. Thus the disease became permanent; the law was in the hearts of the people along with the evil root; but what was good departed, and the evil remained. ─ 4 Esdras 3:21-22

If Adam passed on the sin of the father into the child, then the aborting of a child brought into the world by rape or incest or violence is actually the purging of evil and sin from the world.

If drug addicted or those without means or ability to care for a child bring a child into the world, again the sin is passed to the child and it should be removed from the world.

If the parents of trolls like you took a little more care and had used a prophylactic, the world would be a nicer place.

Why should I or anyone care enough to change your mind OP?

Society is leaning ever more toward pro-choice so we're winning that game.  If anything you should be the one to be trying to change other people's minds.

39 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

killing innocent babies is not the solution to the problem.

Methinks you haven't looked up the definition of "baby" in the dictionary.  Something that hasn't been born yet isn't a member of the human fraternity/sorority.

The definition of "person" I like to work with is someone who has the ability to feel and think - as such, before a certain point in time, a foetus isn't a person, although it is human (as human as your fingernail clipping).

After that point, triage is necessary to decide which life to save, if there is a medical condition threatening the life of the mother and/or foetus.

30 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

For the first Adam, burdened with an evil heart, transgressed and was overcome, as were also all who were descended from him. Thus the disease became permanent; the law was in the hearts of the people along with the evil root; but what was good departed, and the evil remained. ─ 4 Esdras 3:21-22

If Adam passed on the sin of the father into the child, then the aborting of a child brought into the world by rape or incest or violence is actually the purging of evil and sin from the world.

If drug addicted or those without means or ability to care for a child bring a child into the world, again the sin is passed to the child and it should be removed from the world.

If the parents of trolls like you took a little more care and had used a prophylactic, the world would be a nicer place.

As I understand it: we have all sinned because of Adam.

Someone who was conceived by rape or incest is not necessarily more sinful than anyone else. Could you tell a child who was conceived by rape or incest they should not exist?

The life of someone whose parents are addicted to drugs or do not care properly for their child is not necessarily of any less value than the life of anyone else. Could you tell a child whose parents are addicted to drugs or do not care properly for their child they should be dead?

Where are you getting the first paragraph from?

19 minutes ago, Kothos said:

Methinks you haven't looked up the definition of "baby" in the dictionary.  Something that hasn't been born yet isn't a member of the human fraternity/sorority.

The definition of "person" I like to work with is someone who has the ability to feel and think - as such, before a certain point in time, a foetus isn't a person, although it is human (as human as your fingernail clipping).

After that point, triage is necessary to decide which life to save, if there is a medical condition threatening the life of the mother and/or foetus.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/baby

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/child

So tell me, how do you know when someone does and does not have "the ability to feel and think"? Would it have been alright to abort you before you were of this age? Is it alright to kill someone who is in a coma or someone who is under general anesthetic?

Technically the maximum population the earth can support is approximately 10 billion, we are at present rates expected to well and truly exceed that by the end of this century.

The figure is based upon maximum possible food production, which we may become better at.

However it is not that simple, food distribution across the globe is not equal which means large areas are already starving to death and have been for decades. If you had experienced at first hand the heartbreak of starving and dying children in Africa, as I have, more than a few have died in my arms whilst trying to save them, then I do not think you would ask such a stupid question.

Many studies show that we are already over-populated in real terms because of the distribution mentioned and have been for quite a while. Studies also show that at any given time we are around 21 day away from serious global starvation issues if a few crops fail on a large scale.

I don't think it particularly matters, we are well overdue for a significant die-back in any event. Thus far we have dodged the ebola bullet but whether it or some other virus is going to break out into the population at large remains highly possible.

As a complete aside do we have DMB or one of his alter egos back in the house? the style is achingly familiar.

If so, well, it livens the place up ?

Cheers

59 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

As I understand it: we have all sinned because of Adam

Off-topic somewhat but I'll stir the pot here somewhat.

Wasn't Adam's head messed with by Eve with the Apple thing in the first place, so technically she's the one to blame?

And  I understand it, we're all the result of incest after Adam and Eve had their first offspring to start with, unless there was more than a little... "Divine Intervention" with any further conceptions thereafter. If so Mary has to hand back her particular "First Come" (sorry) award.

So in all honesty citing examples and/or alluding to anything derived from religious scripture that has a glaring and fundamental flaw like that to start with (ie the incest) sorta makes any use of scripture references somewhat moot - you're effectively using tainted goods.

23 hours ago, NZT48 said:

Change my mind.

I did a paper on this in highschool.

the tldr version is that things can be ALIVE without having a LIFE.

46 minutes ago, merlin13 said:

So in all honesty citing examples and/or alluding to anything derived from a load of bollocks made up by some deranged control freak

There fixed that for you. The basics are religion is a load of bollocks so you can immediately ignore any claims about Gods will or some such.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aliali said:

There fixed that for you. The basics are religion is a load of bollocks so you can immediately ignore any claims about Gods will or some such.

?

In the end most all religion derives from ancient belief structures concocted by rather ignorant people who probably saw thunder and lightning as an annoyed God...

Then it was corrupted by oral translation and then handed down as "Gospel."

The royal families found religion a useful way to placate the masses, then enter the Roman Catholic Church - a subject unto itself.

Sorry, the imaginary friend in the sky is just that, imaginary...

Cheers

5 hours ago, NZT48 said:

Prove it. Even if it is, killing innocent babies is not the solution to the problem.

no you don't like to kill them ... maybe just mess with their minds ( at the least ) and turn them into more neurotic humans

5 hours ago, Chaos.Lady said:

Oooo harsh imo.

Spoiler

?

3 hours ago, merlin13 said:

Off-topic somewhat but I'll stir the pot here somewhat.

Wasn't Adam's head messed with by Eve with the Apple thing in the first place, so technically she's the one to blame?

ffs I wasn't there !

Edited by eveln
that spoiler is for Chaos.Lady

5 hours ago, NZT48 said:

But a sperm is? A human being is a human being from the moment of conception.

Prove it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eveln said:

no you don't like to kill them ... maybe just mess with their minds ( at the least ) and turn them into more neurotic humans

Oooo harsh imo.

Reveal hidden contents

?

ffs I wasn't there !

?

Even with a lot of nurture I doubt any solitary, or maybe not even solitarymale  has a bedful of babies ?

(Actually babies in bed are a very bad idea - my daughter could give me bruises I didn't know you could get bruises on the odd occasion she needed comfort - very restless sleeper ? )

Cheers

Edited by chrisg