Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
NZT48

All abortion is murder and should be treated under law the same as any other murder.

That's the best description of this thread 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/17/2020 at 8:40 AM, Chaos.Lady said:

Almost all religion is ABOUT control.  The advantage is power.  Control is always about power.  Those who are in the upper hierarchy and want it - get it.  

The other option is Money.

I would TOTALLY have a LOT more respect for a church that meets in a public park, with their only equipment maybe being a PA system.

And rather than passing around a collection plate or asking for support for things, they end with telling the followers to "go help 2 people with something; anything. Money, lifting, somewhere to sleep, anything".

Even if they keep their building; voluntarily NOT being tax-free, or taking less pay (my mates dad was a pastor, he didn't live poorly) would also impress.....

Besides the 'leader' (Pastor, Rabbi, whomever) having a little sway in that he's the mouthpiece, THAT sort of establishment would have me truly believing that the church existed 'for the people' not 'for the church'.

For example, my friend was homeless at 15. She's passed away now (never let anyone know she was so far gone, but thats another story.)

She lived on church grounds. She worked 4 jobs to be able to afford rent.

And even knowing how hard by she was, the church STILL charged her rent.

Turns out she had been living on lettuce and jello for months..... She never let people close enough to know....

Anyway, they may capitalize less (rent was subsidized), but they certainly don't give.

Edited by Master_Scythe

24 minutes ago, Master_Scythe said:

The other option is Money.

Money is power too.  And control. 😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

Money is power too.  And control. 😉

Not always.

Some of the most powerful nations have the highest debt.

7 minutes ago, Master_Scythe said:

Not always.

Debt isn't necessarily a lack of money. 
Those powerful nations with high debts still have plenty of money to throw around.

6 minutes ago, Master_Scythe said:

Not always.

LOL

Debt is not a measure of wealth necessarily. 

The most powerful nations have huge GDP earning and spending power.  The amounts of money they deal with are staggering. Debt is hardly a factor.

And if you believe that the haves don’t control the have nots, you aren’t paying attention.

Just now, fliptopia said:

Money isnt the only power but it is one means to get power. 

It’s a *form* of power.

And having it gives power over others.

4 hours ago, Chaos.Lady said:

LOL

Debt is not a measure of wealth necessarily. 

The most powerful nations have huge GDP earning and spending power.  The amounts of money they deal with are staggering. Debt is hardly a factor.

And if you believe that the haves don’t control the have nots, you aren’t paying attention.

The money we have now is currency, generated from debt (created by central banks).

On 24/04/2020 at 10:15 PM, eveln said:

( lol, I wish Cybes had used a word other than " dick " )

I could have used "cunt" instead.  In my book, that is both more offensive and perhaps more accurate.

9 hours ago, Cybes said:

I could have used "cunt" instead.  In my book, that is both more offensive and perhaps more accurate.

and I agree, definitely the more accurate to describe an evil person. I always thought being a dick was someone prone to goofing around to the point of annoyance. It's all pretty subjective

My question was about "the Bible", not religion. There is a difference. I think reading/knowing the Bible begets freedom.

Just now, NZT48 said:

My question was about "the Bible", not religion. There is a difference. I think reading/knowing the Bible begets freedom.

But who's bible?

I read the Satanic Bible the other day, because it was in my mates glovebox in a 2nd hand car, and I was curious.

Good read! I'd suggest it, if you've never read the other side.

You can't make an informed decision without knowing both sides.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

you are full of crap

there is no god

you still have no proof that jesus existed

your bible is a collection of fairy tales 

Edited by TheManFromPOST
  • Like 2

NZT48, we have less than a month left on Atomic as we knew it. People are coming back to remember the good times, connect with each other, support each other, to strengthen the community that we created here over so many years. And what are the religious nutbags doing? Attempting to resuscitate a nonsensical rant that showcases all the reasons why religion is at best risible and at worst the finest example of true evil in the world. Well done. It's great to know that over the years you have not grown or learnt in any way, you still fail at basic logic, and have a bronze age comprehension of empathy and ethics. 

(Unless, as I often suspect, you're a Poe. In which case, well played! You get my endless admiration for a years-long dedication to the kind of stupidity that makes my head hurt but please, please, out yourself before the forums end! You deserve some recognition for a brilliantly executed troll!)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Fenn said:

NZT48, we have less than a month left on Atomic as we knew it. People are coming back to remember the good times, connect with each other, support each other, to strengthen the community that we created here over so many years. And what are the religious nutbags doing? Attempting to resuscitate a nonsensical rant that showcases all the reasons why religion is at best risible and at worst the finest example of true evil in the world. Well done. It's great to know that over the years you have not grown or learnt in any way, you still fail at basic logic, and have a bronze age comprehension of empathy and ethics. 

(Unless, as I often suspect, you're a Poe. In which case, well played! You get my endless admiration for a years-long dedication to the kind of stupidity that makes my head hurt but please, please, out yourself before the forums end! You deserve some recognition for a brilliantly executed troll!)

Just to be fair to said religious nutbag, this thread was started before the end of times was announced. 🙂

Not denying ANYTHING you have said, but, you know, being fair... 🙂 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

Just to be fair to said religious nutbag, this thread was started before the end of times was announced. 🙂

Not denying ANYTHING you have said, but, you know, being fair... 🙂 

Jesus rose from the dead after three days? That's nothing, NZT48 is resurrecting threads that are years old! 😄 

Perhaps this is NZT48's way of having their last hurrahs ... 

6 hours ago, eveln said:

Perhaps this is NZT48's way of having their last hurrahs ... 

DMB is gender neutral now?

• Haha 1

Oh my goodness ..... where to start !  

Firstly, relative to the original post, I don’t see why anyone should go to the effort of changing your opinion.  Unless you’re in the position of having to make a choice on medical treatment to your own body, the decision is not yours and your opinion doesn’t matter.  Period.

Secondly, and in my personal opinion, the Bible seems to have factual basis, but has become victim to Chinese Whispers over the centuries .... either intentionally or accidentally.  If the history was intentionally distorted, it certainly was done as a method of control, and done in the name of religion. Why else would ordinary events be magically transposed into miracles ?  

< no offense intended to religious persons, I do respect your personal beliefs>

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Fenn said:

They already outed themselves in a biggish thread where they shared their real name, and the fact they're DMB, a loooooooong-time conspiracy nutjob and general serial loony/pest. One who has been banned multiple times before.

14 minutes ago, SquallStrife said:

They already outed themselves in a biggish thread where they shared their real name, and the fact they're DMB, a loooooooong-time conspiracy nutjob and general serial loony/pest. One who has been banned multiple times before.

Linking to an ISP acount using their real name, maybe? 🤔

56 minutes ago, SquallStrife said:

Which is why Leonid keeps trying to give him his "U" back...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1