Sign in to follow this  
Cybes

Cyberpunk 2077 - 48 minutes preview!

On 01/09/2019 at 5:26 AM, @~thehung said:

btw, where are you Cybes?

/waves

Er... away?  Not at all certain I'm here now, really.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fliptopia said:

How can anyone be certain of anything? 

We gonna get down to 'brain in a vat' and simulation theory, here? 😜

I actually just meant that I could still be essentially away, with that being an abberant visit. But it seems to be a long visit. 🙂

2 hours ago, Cybes said:

We gonna get down to 'brain in a vat' and simulation theory, here? 😜

I actually just meant that I could still be essentially away, with that being an abberant visit. But it seems to be a long visit. 🙂

Haha. Sorry I was just being difficult. But what better than a game about a future date where such simulations or vattery (vattery will get you everywhere?) could come to pass ;).

I hope the revisit lasts. Maybe it's time to liven up more of the forum than the green room? 

11 hours ago, fliptopia said:

Maybe it's time to liven up more of the forum than the green room?

Mm.  I have on rare occasion, but that's because I rarely have anything useful to add there - pretty much all of them (except this one) are technical areas in which I have little or no current expertise.  If someone asks a question about Pascal programming, aand I can remember any of it from 20_ years ago, I'l chime in. 😉

• Like 1

while we're here then...:) any thoughts on the game after the recent info dumps?

i am ambivalent about Keanu's character.  it could work, or be a dumb distraction.  as much as i like him, he's not there for his acting chops.  will it help or hinder immersion to have Neo/Johnny Mnemonic i.e. Ted inside your head? 

all things considered, they seem on track.  i am certainly on track to be massively disappointed.  not saying thats likely, just that ive been busy laying the groundwork.  they are doing so many things right i can hardly stand it. 

19 hours ago, @~thehung said:

will it help or hinder immersion to have Neo/Johnny Mnemonic i.e. Ted inside your head?

I think that's why they went for a known actor: you need someone good enough to make you buy the character, and also good enough to forget the other roles he's played that you probably already know.  And really, both Neo and Johnny are pretty iconic CP roles - I'd have a harder time getting over it if Matt Damon/Jason Bourne popped up in my head.

WRT the prep for disappointment bit... I don't think that's avoidable, now.  There's just so much hype for it that it'd take the Rapture to surpass it.  But, as you say, they seem to be doing so much right, unless they fubar something basic that needs doing often, I can't see it being not worth they buy-in.  ('Course I would say that, having already bought in at GOG.)