Sign in to follow this  
i_am_banned2

Is It Just Me Or Is The Green Room Trying To Kill My CPU?

OK, found a solution for Firefox.

Disable AdBlock Plus.  Install Adguard AdBlocker extension.  It claims to be undetectable by most adblock detection schemes (we'll see about that), but most importantly it has anti crypto hijacking features built in.
Refresh the Atomic page once the ext is installed, it should produce a dialog message saying cryto mining activity has been detected.

At that point select "CANCEL".
And that should take care of it.  But unsure if it will persist across browser restarts or system reboots.

In the meantime I also tried a couple of script crypto hijack blockers in both FF and Chrome without success.

18 hours ago, Rybags said:

Something is amiss - after a good deal of time without problem I've noticed slowdown again starting today and it's originating from this site.  Exact same shit as before.

Did you disable ad blocking in the meantime? Is it still blocked and now causing new issues?

Well that was short and sweet.

AdGuard now seems to not do the job either.  It was going great last night.
OK - updated filters and enabled the relevant extra list.  This is turning into a big PITA.

What was needed there was to enable the NoCoin filter list.

Edited by Rybags

ublock and firefox and nothing else has changed and I haven't had the issue reappear.

If people are able to narrow down exactly what domain or javascript is causing the issue, I'll pass that along and it'll hopefully make a fix happen faster.

I'd still suggest people running ad/script/domain blockers on here tho' for the mean time.

Maybe those links DMB posted earlier can help?

I do think though that we have a moving target.  Chances are that it'll continue to be an intermittent problem regardless of blocking measures (ignoring totally blocking JS which breaks the website functionality anyway).

Screw crypto miners - first they make graphics card prices go through the roof and now this shit.

As far as I can tell, it doesn't take many domain-level blocks to remove ads from the site.  Or, to put it another way, you don't need to whitelist much on the site to ignore the rest.

FWIW I just disabled everything and let it all through and nothing came up on ff.

Loaded it up in edge with Malwarebytes installed and it points to an issue with the gettate.trade domain.  I don't even see that domain appear in my blocklists in firefox.

This should hopefully be resolved, now.   Let us know if you notice it causing similar issues again.

Busy with a few things ATM and have a browser update pending.  So will give things a try in the near future and report results of the various combo's of browser and adblock/anti hijack measures.

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

21 hours ago, Nich... said:

This should hopefully be resolved, now.   Let us know if you notice it causing similar issues again.

Seems good - I didn't even realise I had left an atomic tab open in the background for several hours this morning.

For the last month or so, Atomic browsing was limited to under a few minutes (and definitely not leaving it open in the background) - Any attempt to have the browser tab open for more than 30 seconds resulted in the fan running flat out, and battery life being poor. 

Wow I can make  a post here ? but not in a thread in TGR ...ffs I'll go back and have another shot at it but geez it's like being back in the friggin '90s !