NZT48

my politics

2 hours ago, Outcast_Aussie said:

The Problem with no Income Tax is... How to do think Public Highways are financed to be built & maintained ?

only fornicators use highways

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TheManFromPOST said:

only fornicators use highways

a number of years back on here some one made the statement that roads should be paid by those with registered vehicles. I remember this person saying they didn't have a licence or reg. vehicle ... they relied on public transport and the benevolence of their friends / family who did
have a licence and reg. vehicle ... lol  << I remembered this because I was at the time, facinated by the thoroughly openly selfish and miserly attitude of the person... I also remember that person being a fornicator with several companions  << that's just a bit of added weight, if you like . LOL

5 minutes ago, TheManFromPOST said:

eveln, i  find this whole thread  to be very silly

I figured that ... it is why I regaled you with my memoir

Edited by eveln

8 hours ago, Outcast_Aussie said:

The Problem with no Income Tax is... How to do think Public Highways are financed to be built & maintained ?

I think that should be done with a tax on fuel.

10 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

I think that should be done with a tax on fuel.

A high tax on fuel is a green initiative to try to get people onto public transport.  Raise the taxes on fuel and you are placing a much heavier burden on the public transport system.

How are you funding the increases required in that sector?  

I believe generally what people pay each other should be none of the government's business and the GST burdens business and means that those who comply with the law are at a disadvantage. Taxing fuel to fund road construction and maintenance is much fairer because people pay for the use of the roads and the damage they do to the roads, and with taxing fuel there won't be a black market.

11 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

I believe generally what people pay each other should be none of the government's business 

But what people do to each other's genitals is entirely the government's business.

Fucking hypocrite.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, NZT48 said:

You shouldn't assume I want to raise the tax on fuel.

Then if you take away Income tax, you are leaving a huge gap in the budget because you are removing one tax and not raising the money somewhere else.

1 hour ago, SquallStrife said:

But what people do to each other's genitals is entirely the government's business.

Fucking hypocrite.

Settle down please SS.  Name calling isn't required to get a point across.

55 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

Settle down please SS.  Name calling isn't required to get a point across.

Name calling would be calling him an idiot.

He's being hypocritical. He is a hypocrite. It's completely objective.

23 minutes ago, SquallStrife said:

Name calling would be calling him an idiot.

He's being hypocritical. He is a hypocrite. It's completely objective.

I think Neville said it better here.  Rather than calling him a hypocrite, it's fine to say he is being hypocritical due to what you are arguing.

I'm just trying to keep things on the edge of civil. ? 

You:

4 hours ago, NZT48 said:

I believe generally what people pay each other should be none of the government's business

Also you:

On 10/7/2018 at 6:42 PM, NZT48 said:

Tariffs of 10% on all imports

On a scale of 1 to 10, where do you rate yourself above 20 for hypocrisy?

Edited by Leonid
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chaos.Lady said:

Then if you take away Income tax, you are leaving a huge gap in the budget because you are removing one tax and not raising the money somewhere else.

Did you miss all the saving measures and the introduction of tariffs that I mentioned?

4 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

Did you miss all the saving measures and the introduction of tariffs that I mentioned?

We already have tariffs on many imported goods and importers also have to pay GST.  Given you are abolishing GST, additional tariffs would only pay for that.

Still can't see many savings.

So out of curiosity, would you prefer to hand yourself in to the local constabulary after you masturbate, or would you prefer them to beat your door down while you're in the act, to arrest you?

I think we need some clearer definitions here. For instance, is it still classed as masturbation if you're just fondling your nipples? What if you're completely naked but only licking the bathroom mirror? Perhaps a dB limit on moaning and grunting would better assist investigating detectives in determining if a crime is being committed? There's many, many important details we need to establish before we can get this new society off the ground.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, i_am_banned2 said:

...before we can get this new society off...

I think this may fall under masturbation.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, i_am_banned2 said:

I think we need some clearer definitions here. For instance, is it still classed as masturbation if you're just fondling your nipples? What if you're completely naked but only licking the bathroom mirror? Perhaps a dB limit on moaning and grunting would better assist investigating detectives in determining if a crime is being committed? There's many, many important details we need to establish before we can get this new society off the ground.

if you do it absent-mindedly then it's cool. If you be thinking about turning yourself on then that's prolly po-lice-worthy.

A couple of the idea have some merit but really the whole thing sounds like taking the worst of what every major philosophy has to offer and mashing it together.

As for arguing about it, you may as well go to a flat earth convention.  In both cases you're trying to impart hundreds of years of wisdom onto nutcases that are stuck with their tunnel-visioned take on the universe.

Like the old saying goes - don't argue with an idiot, they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.