NZT48

my politics

11 hours ago, eveln said:

if you do it absent-mindedly then it's cool. If you be thinking about turning yourself on then that's prolly po-lice-worthy.

Do wet dreams count as masturbation?  Asking for a friend... :P

3 hours ago, Chaos.Lady said:

We already have tariffs on many imported goods and importers also have to pay GST.  Given you are abolishing GST, additional tariffs would only pay for that.

Still can't see many savings.

On 10/7/2018 at 6:42 PM, NZT48 said:
  • Pull out of The War On Terror. It was a sham from the beginning and makes Australians less safe, not more safe.
  • Use Australian Defence Force for defence
  • Do not participate in any wars of aggression

No subsidies

• No PBS
  • Government-funded health care only for contagious diseases with the amount of funding being determined by how serious the disease is and how contagious the disease is.
  • All government health assets unrelated to contagious diseases are to be sold.

• The government is to have nothing to do with education
  • All government education assets are to be sold

• No government welfare
  • No government funding for tourism

Sell ABC and SBS

I would like to see many more savings but those were the main ones I could think of. I think it would require far less typing to mention the government programs/services/bodies I would keep than it would to mention the government programs/services/bodies I would get rid of.

38 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

I think it would require far less typing to mention the government programs/services/bodies I would keep than it would to mention the government programs/services/bodies I would get rid of.

It also requires far less thinking to just rattle off names, than actually look at the numbers and consider the viability of what you're proposing.

For instance, have you contemplated the policing and judicial costs of your ridiculously draconian adultery laws?

Or are you of the mindset that "no cost is too great" when it comes to imposing your personal beliefs on others? In which case, how do you ever expect to be taken seriously? Seriously, how??

Edited by SquallStrife

How about we keep the system as it is now, with the only exception being not spending any tax money on DMB.  None whatsoever.  That'll be profitable, too?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SquallStrife said:

For instance, have you contemplated the policing and judicial costs of your ridiculously draconian adultery laws?

An approximate cost to society of crimes is to be calculated, doubled and imposed as fines, doubled each instance of re-offence

The "cost to society" includes the policing and judicial costs. Also: you seem to assume that all crimes necessarily need to be fully policed. Crimes are not fully policed now so why do you assume they would be under my proposals? I feel like I am forgetting something...

Why are they crimes if you don't want them policed?

I want them policed. I am just saying it shouldn't be assumed we would need them policed any more than our existing laws are. I certainly don't want police putting cameras or microphones in people's bedrooms in order to catch them fornicating.

There is another benefit to having certain things illegal: it can act as a moral guide for people.

What I'm getting is you think there's a bunch of morally reprehensible things that Australians do right now, that you'd like them to stop doing, but not behind closed doors.  They don't seem so morally reprehensible if you don't want them stopped.

12 hours ago, Chaos.Lady said:

Do wet dreams count as masturbation?  Asking for a friend... :P

If you read below me here, I'd say Nich is prolly safe ... just tell him to keep it quiet ... you know, like not tell his friend about it  for starters  🕺

57 minutes ago, NZT48 said:

I want them policed. I am just saying it shouldn't be assumed we would need them policed any more than our existing laws are. I certainly don't want police putting cameras or microphones in people's bedrooms in order to catch them fornicating.

There is another benefit to having certain things illegal: it can act as a moral guide for people.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Nich... said:

What I'm getting is you think there's a bunch of morally reprehensible things that Australians do right now, that you'd like them to stop doing, but not behind closed doors.  They don't seem so morally reprehensible if you don't want them stopped.

I want them stopped, whether or not "behind closed doors". Punishing immorality is not enforcing morality.

Bible-bashing white nationalist says we're immoral.

There's definitely a village somewhere NOT missing their idiot.

• Haha 2

Maybe you and your friends/family can go buy an Island nearby and set up your white nationalist Theocracy.  Preferably an empty Island, that way you can say only white people can become citizens.

4 minutes ago, SquallStrife said:

[stunned pic ]

5 minutes ago, SquallStrife said:
  2 hours ago, NZT48 said:

Punishing immorality is not enforcing morality.

When you think about that ^^ SquallStrife and then think about the way our society trys to deal with paedophilia ... I mean it's not against the law to be a paedophile.

So DMB, would you want to enact all of these despite the objections of a majority of Australians?  Or only if you could convince a majority of Australians?

😁

well golly ! Do you ?! < looks flabbergasted > . lol

Edited by eveln

9 hours ago, Nich... said:

Maybe you and your friends/family can go buy an Island nearby and set up your white nationalist Theocracy.  Preferably an empty Island, that way you can say only white people can become citizens.

but but that's exactly what I wanted to happen with Cockatoo Island. I mean it once used to be a penal colony already  ... perfect place to put convicted paedophiles. I mean  absolutely  no one wants a paedo ( that's come out of jail ) for a neighbour .
And they had this island they didn't know what to do with. To my mind it was a match made in heaven, or hell. But no. Somebody's gone and used it to make more tourist dollars and we still have a housing issue for our free paedos

Edited by eveln

No system is ever perfect but if you try to change too much you will only forment revolution.

Personally I don't much like adultery, I've been a victim myself. But, it takes two to tango so who is the perpetrator and who is the villain ?

It can be either, or it can simply be the result of a marriage that has not worked out or meeting someone who worked better for you.

That has never been the case with me, I'm very faithful, but when my very much ex wife became involved in an affair and left me the new relationship only lasted a few months because he began cheating on her.

People are people with their faults and all, they always will be but in my experience there are far more good people than bad who don't need ridiculous rules imposed upon them by some nutter, they simply do what is right and follow their own conscience.

Oh by the way Government subsidies on tourism have a HUGE return factor, it creates jobs and brings in tourists both of which add significantly to the tax bottom line.

Overall the tax system in Australia is not too bad, far better than it used to be before GST, not perfect, there is still multiple taxation, you pay income tax and then you tax on goods but the sales tax regime was an abomination. We'd probably be better doing one of two hings, either abolish income tax and raise GST giving purchasers better discretion over where their tax free dollars go or do it the other way.

But taxation once imposed is very difficult to remove. the government gets its hands on dollars and never wants to let go.

The old sales tax regime was put into fund WWII, but was never taken off until GST appeared and even then there are exceptions.

I do totally agree on getting out of the war on terror, it has been an abject failure but it eas coined and pursued by a president who had the brain of a thalidomide wasp...

I do not agree on not getting into wars of aggression, some wars, instituted by aggressors need to be stopped, WWII, Korea, stand out, but we should never have been in Vietnam.

Similarly the defense force cannot just defend, it has to project to deter aggressive assault upon the country. That may only be exercises but show you can give a good account of yourself and possible invaders are given pause.

For our size we have one of the best "defense forces in the world but it is not htere to fight wars on Australian soil, it is there to deter that situation in the first place, even if Australia is tactically a very difficult country to attack, let alone win against we can't sit and wait for the invaders to be on the beaches. For very good reasons because of where we are geographically we have good reason to be wary of some of our neighbours but mostly we handle them twofold - we trade with them and we remind them we are no easy mark.

People always want to compare us to Switzerland but whilst Australia could become neutral it would be very difficult and probably annoy our allies who would as now come to our aid if needed.

Switzerland has a very strong defense force for its size but because of where it is and its population mix if anyone was ever silly enough to attack the place, France, Germany and Italy would be right there. So would many others, must protect those banks... Switzerland has very high taxation, but also very high wages and high living costs, utterly different to Australia.

Cheers

Edited by chrisg

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

No system is ever perfect but if you try to change too much you will only forment revolution. 

Isnt that the point of this thread?  DMB's little revolution?

8 minutes ago, Nich... said:

🙂

Probably so, but about as logical overall as Pauline Hanson 🙂

Cheers

7 hours ago, Nich... said:

Yeah but what would white power do in a blackout if there’s no tax to pay for power stations?

Also, question for the mods: given DMB’s last thread about his life and the admissions therein vis-a-vis his regular masturbation regimen, would it be within the rules to refer to him as “Atomic’s most prolific wanker”?

Edited by Leonid