NZT48

my politics

I'm disappointed at the monetary policy.

Really, I'd have expected that there'd have been legislation to allow Legal Tender representation by form of gold, silver, shark's teeth, ornamental shells, or Pokemon cards.

Edited by Rybags
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

2 hours ago, Rybags said:

I'm disappointed at the monetary policy.

Really, I'd have expected that there'd have been legislation to allow Legal Tender representation by form of gold, silver, shark's teeth, ornamental shells, or Pokemon cards.

Pokémon cards implies the existence of Japanese who are not white.

What about all those godless heathens that are already here? I suggest that non-whites be required to wear full-face and -body covering clothing so that proper, upstanding citizens don't have to look at them. Even so, their corrupting immorality would remain a constant threat to our new paradise. Maybe there's another... solution?

3 hours ago, i_am_banned2 said:

What about all those godless heathens that are already here? I suggest that non-whites be required to wear full-face and -body covering clothing so that proper, upstanding citizens don't have to look at them. Even so, their corrupting immorality would remain a constant threat to our new paradise. Maybe there's another... solution?

A final one?

Look that may be a bit early in the piece. You don’t go from zero to hero without passing average.

Maybe start with something that’ll identify the undesirables, like say... a yellow star on a lapel?

Edited by Leonid

45 minutes ago, Leonid said:

A final one?

Look that may be a bit early in the piece. You don’t go from zero to hero without passing average.

Maybe start with something that’ll identify the undesirables, like say... a yellow star on a lapel?

🙂

A Red one might be more appropriate, I don't think anyone in their right mind would mess with the Jews these days 🙂

Cheers

On 13/10/2018 at 1:43 PM, chrisg said:

🙂

A Red one might be more appropriate, I don't think anyone in their right mind would mess with the Jews these days 🙂

Cheers

I'd like to think most jews would be smart enough to see a red star as just a friendly face for a yellow star.  Throw some sequins and glitter on it tho', and you might be able to convince some of the gays and/or masturbators to wear one.

Hmm,

Jews have no love of Russia in the main, many have left to go to Israel a country basically surrounded by Russian weapons client states.

We are heading back to a Cold War and Israel is going to be stuck in the middle and may find itself fighting more surrogate wars.

But it is getting worse, look up Poseidon a massive nuclear torpedo, with near unlimited range and a massive nuclear warhead designed to destroy entire coastal cities or wipe out an entire carrier group whilst skirting around the many nuclear non proliferation treaties and at present unstoppable.

Or their latest ASAT missile, designed to knock out reconnaissance satellites and also act as a launch vehicle for small agile satellites to replace their own losses. Again the U.S. has no current equivalent or answer.

But I was sort of joking about a red star, no point in deepening the already increasing gulf that Russia is creating between it and the West.

Cheers

When's the last time the US started spending up on a "strategic asset" program?  There's been SFA since the B2.

They're concentrating totally on the small scale tactical stuff and leaving their pants way down with the big picture stuff.

There's a new strategic bomber in the works, as in initial concepts, a new marque of submarine at build stage, first of a new class of carrier in build,  the F-35 is bearing fruit at last, but most of the effort from the industry and DARPA is on UCAV Tech, but nothing to what the Russians are up to - maybe the regime will go broke, again.

Cheers

On 10/14/2018 at 8:17 PM, chrisg said:

There's a new strategic bomber in the works, as in initial concepts, a new marque of submarine at build stage, first of a new class of carrier in build,  the F-35 is bearing fruit at last, but most of the effort from the industry and DARPA is on UCAV Tech, but nothing to what the Russians are up to - maybe the regime will go broke, again.

Cheers

Wasn't there a full grounding of the F-35 the other day?

14 hours ago, Wilkshake said:

Wasn't there a full grounding of the F-35 the other day?

Not a complete grounding, there was a -B crash so that version was temporarily grounded, the -A and -C were checked as they presented on the line.

It's not at all unusual for newish aircraft, or indeed mature designs to be grounded after a crash whilst the investigators find out what caused the crash.

Cheers

OK.  I got to page 2..  

When even both the Left and Right of Atomic are calling you a Hypocrite or similar words.  I think it's safe to say you're an individual.  

Basically what you have put as your manifesto is "Anarchy".  I'm deadly serious here.  

No tax.  No government intervention.  Each person is responsible for themselves.  No services, except those that you support yourself.  

If you want a police force you need a tax.  And you hope your meager 10% tariff will do this.  We don't have the resources to do this.  Despite what you daydream about.  We don't.  China can undercut us.  

What you posted was about the equivalent of the world in Mad Max.  

Perhaps using that 10% tariff we could pay for a Thunderdome.  

Stay well away from politics mate.  You make Pauline Hanson seem like Bernie Sanders.  

AD

I don't know why I am back at this topic, but I find myself writing here after I had a chat with my niece earlier this week.  That chat with her just reminded me of what NZT48 was pushing in terms of policies and religious beliefs. So here it is.

We will call my niece, SH.  Anyway, SH just turned 19 not too long ago and armed with her new driver's licence (got help those on the road), she's been given loads of freedom lately that she has never had before.  Then, just a few weeks ago, she comes up and tells me that she has a new boyfriend and, as her favourite uncle, she wants me to meet him first (before the rest of the family).  The chat went normally until it got to the point where we were talking about what typical couples do.  I told her that she should just have fun and let things move on their own.

Now here is where it got weird.  She told me not to worry about that sort of stuff because she had already reported the relationship to her "accountability partner" at church and that they had set down a few rules for their relationship because they want to keep themselves pure for each other, apparently for after marriage.  Obviously, I went "WTH?"  I mean I am a Christian myself but I have never reported my intimacy to any "accountability partner".  There was a little bit more to the conversation but needless to say that what she told me was just confounded me.  I mean, ....

Anyway, it has been a few days since that conversation and I am still a bit stunned at it all.  Firstly, I expect that the church will always tell you what to do to be a good Christian but I never expected it to teach our kids to report their daily activities too.  Secondly, if an organisation takes interest in what are your most intimate times, how long is it before people start doing the same thing in the name of religious purity.  Is this what the world is coming to where we have nothing better to be worried about that we have to be worried about our neighbour's sexual orientation and be allowed to mock it or control it?  Sigh...just reminded me of NZT48, as I said...

Edited by strifus

@strifus just curious ... did you show surprise or question your niece about her " accountability partner" , or are you her fav.uncle cos you don't interfere with her life too much ? Also curious about the church she attends... none of my biz, I know, but well, you did post it 😉

So, not only do we cosset our kids we keep them inept right through into their young adult lives too ... we are allowing a future generation of thoughtless humans to be made. Or so it seems.

2 minutes ago, eveln said:

@strifus just curious ... did you show surprise or question your niece about her " accountability partner" , or are you her fav.uncle cos you don't interfere with her life too much ? Also curious about the church she attends... none of my biz, I know, but well, you did post it 😉

So, not only do we cosset our kids we keep them inept right through into their young adult lives too ... we are allowing a future generation of thoughtless humans to be made. Or so it seems.

Eveln, no, of course not.  What surprised me was that she had one at all. I guess she considers me as such because I do not judge her for who she is and support her wholeheartedly. As for the church she attends, well, I know very little apart from that its one of those new-age Christian churches, probably Pentecostal. 

Now, I am a Catholic.  It was only recently that I really realised the full meaning of catechism and the inherent danger it poses being taught by lay-people with little to no theological training at all.  I guess as I grew up, I learnt that my faith isn't what other people's definition of faith is, or should be.

My worry is that she will end up using God as an excuse for all the trouble she might get into rather than pointing the finger at who is actually wrong.  More to the point, she will never learn to make mistakes because she has been so "cosseted" not only by her mother but by the teachings of the people around her.  I am not saying that she can't follow her dream and keep herself for her husband, which is after all her prerogative.  However, to make that decision to remain pure just because someone told her to do so is just plain wrong.  Oh well, she will come to realise eventually.

I have a daughter.  She's still young but I haven't baptised her as I am supposed to mainly because of these facts.  I want her to be whatever she wants to be in her own time.  Till then, I will teach her everything she needs to know or asks about.  I am happy for her to be the child she still is and enjoy it, which is what I wanted to say to my niece.  Enjoy the new relationship and take it as it comes.  However, I am not going to say that now.

I'm not toooo sure it's a terrible thing.  I have some friends who struggle with anxiety and depression, and they have 'accountability partners' with friends to basically have an external third party to tell their plans for the day/week/month to.  Like, if you're struggling to get out of bed and coomplish anything, but keep saying you'll go for a walk and never do, you tell that person.  They're not going to police you for it, but it stops being an internal thing you can  brush aside, and becomes something that, at some point, the other person may ask about, and you use the guilt of  having to tell them you didn't do something you said you would, as motivation to do it.

Like, in and of itself, I guess it's not surprising to see it being used by a group of people who want to 'save themselves for marriage'.  But I wonder what else they use their accountability partners for.

7 hours ago, strifus said:

... I guess she considers me as such because I do not judge her for who she is and support her wholeheartedly.

I also wondered whether she would be using you as the " sanity-sounding member " ;) you know to gauge your instinctive reaction to the new man in her life, perhaps. She prollly subconsciously figures her parentals will be too biased

My worry is that she will end up using God as an excuse for all the trouble she might get into rather than pointing the finger at who is actually wrong.  More to the point, she will never learn to make mistakes because she has been so "cosseted" not only by her mother but by the teachings of the people around her.  I am not saying that she can't follow her dream and keep herself for her husband, which is after all her prerogative.  However, to make that decision to remain pure just because someone told her to do so is just plain wrong.  Oh well, she will come to realise eventually.

This  ^^ was exactly my point. Glad I wasn't overstepping the bounds of curiosity too. re the underlined : might she not be using your reactions to her comments as a more objective take on her ideas that she can look on after wards?

I have a daughter.  She's still young but I haven't baptised her as I am supposed to mainly because of these facts.  I want her to be whatever she wants to be in her own time.  Till then, I will teach her everything she needs to know or asks about.  I am happy for her to be the child she still is and enjoy it, which is what I wanted to say to my niece.  Enjoy the new relationship and take it as it comes.  However, I am not going to say that now.

re this underlined: ^^ not sure who it is you're " not going to say that now " too