Sign in to follow this  
eveln

Name your fish and chip shop in a politically correct manner Please !!

34 minutes ago, Rybags said:

The proper use of avocado is as the counter to hot salsa or sauce in Mexican type food.  On it's own, it's bland and boring and about as exciting as eating unaccompanied couscous or rice.

hot salsa is not a go to, or even a once in a while choice to  my dietary  requirements, so to have a ripe without bruises avocado sliced with some ground black pepper and maybe roma tomatoes sliced on top too is bloody refreshing und yummy !

39 minutes ago, Rybags said:

On it's own, it's bland and boring and about as exciting as eating unaccompanied couscous or rice

Oh thank Ghu!  Everyone I know seems to think avos are fabulous.  IT'S GREEN MARGARINE, FFS!  And rice, btw, at least has texture going for it.

• Haha 1

🙂

You are not alone Cybes, I think they are overpriced rubbish with half the exorbitant cost being by weight a useless so- called seed that my kids have tried many times to germinate without success.

I sort of overlook them in a salad, much tastier things in there but my friends, whom I did not know had yuppie tendencies think they are some kind of manna...

Rubbish, go eat a tomato, it has flavour. 🙂

Cheers

I don't think I've bothered to buy one more than a few times ever.  The wank factor associated with them as well as the price turns me off.

As good as nachos is with the guacomole, it doesn't suffer too much if you just use sour cream alone.

squished on toast they are great with salt and pepper

at least no tosser has yet declared them a superfood

and make an excellent first course to be followed up with squished ripe banana and cumin on the same bread

6 hours ago, Rybags said:

On it's own, it's bland and boring and about as exciting as eating unaccompanied couscous or rice.

It's mostly just fat.  You'd be better off comparing it to butter, or one of the unripened white cheases.

15 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

at least no tosser has yet declared them a superfood

But they did.  The good fats. 

🙂

I get my "good fats" from meat,  not some insipid so-called fruit...

Cheers

lol you guys !  ^^.  hahahahaha :P~~

as a kid I used to squish banana for my sammich. didn't know or feel the need for cumin tho. ... prolly crunchy peanut butter was more my style back then. now I've given up peanut butter and squishing any fruit.

I barely ever touch bananas - NFI why, they're great in custard.  But can't stay away from banana milk shakes or ice creams.

4 hours ago, Rybags said:

I barely ever touch bananas - NFI why, they're great in custard.  But can't stay away from banana milk shakes or ice creams.

Like 'em best with a caramelised sugar syrup in a split.  Best quality vanilla icecream, ripe 'nana, then melt some sugar with a nob of butter and brown it a bit and pour it on.  Nummy!

Very much a "sometimes" food, or your arteries will leap out and strangle you in self defence.

in about a half hour or so we gonna have some sliced av with some salt and ground black pepper seasoning and sliced roma tomato on crisp bread ... just thought I'd share that with you

On 11/2/2018 at 8:29 PM, eveln said:

You do know, that it wasn't till the QLD pollie And social media got on board that the owner felt the need to explain herself - before her biz died in the arse due to negative social media hyperbole. - The business had been running along quite nicely ( I believe ) in it's own little neck of the woods
for a whole year . I'd say that our State Gov. pollies have a lot more that they should be spending the time ( and our precious tax dollars on ) than giving this small business owner a hard time and potentially ruining the shops trade and the owner's livelyhood

It wouldn't stop me going there if the food was ok. I also think the issue is overblown, and the pollies need to pull their neck in a bit. If business has been going down hill since someone drew attaention to the name on social media, then those customers really need to take a look at themselves - a shop they obviously liked and were happy to buy from, they sheepishly started ignoring because it was suddenly 'controversial' - A few might have not realised, and now decided they had a problem with it, but to make a difference, I'd expect there's a bunch of spineless sheep.

But I still stand my my position that the name while poor form, but generally inoffensive -  doesn't do anything to address domestic violence or even progress the discussion of domestic violence, so a questionable business decision.

Back to the Avocado Discussion: I'm also in the 'definitely overrated' camp, Don't mind, in moderation, it in some situations and it's rarely worth the cost these days.

9 hours ago, stadl said:

But I still stand my my position that the name while poor form, but generally inoffensive -  doesn't do anything to address domestic violence or even progress the discussion of domestic violence, so a questionable business decision.

It's a fish and chip shop 🙂 not a self help organisation ... although it might well be the owners' self help answer to her private history, if you know what I mean. So in that respect, it is addressing dv . The shop's existence is a statement of " fuck you " to the perpetrators of dv.
It could also be said that others dealing with their own issues of dv can look at the biz and realise there is life and livelyhood prospects beyond the horrors of dv .

As for my comment of the biz going backwards due to social media grandstanding, that's my negative assumption only and hopefully not the owner's reality. So excuse me there please.

On 11/5/2018 at 10:20 AM, stadl said:

But I still stand my my position that the name while poor form, but generally inoffensive -  doesn't do anything to address domestic violence or even progress the discussion of domestic violence, so a questionable business decision

Yet it has apparently got the nation talking about the shop name and  Domestic Violence so it may be progressing the discussion somewhat.

• Like 1