Sign in to follow this  
adamclark

Diablo Immortal Announced (Mobile Game)

Most disliked/downvoted thing since EA's "sense of pride and accomplishment" statement.

Check out the crowd at their display event:

vQdKntU.jpg

1 hour ago, Nich... said:

But what do you think about it?

What I think:

1) It's an enormous waste of time putting that much effort into a mobile game - you'll never see it on the severely restricted screenspace of a phone.  Even playing it on a tablet (typically 10" or less) would be very iffy.

2) The screen realestate problem is only made worse by the fact that you have to stick your fingers on the damn screen to control it.  On a phone, with my-sized hands, that means you get to see maybe 3" of actual viewable area - some of which is going to be filled up with HUD.

3) Touch controls are extremely non-optimal.  Fingers sweat; glass gets inconsistently grippy and slick when wet; upshot: play for any length of time and you have control issues that make ball mice feel like aimbots.

4) A phone battery is not the place for a game of this nature: it's designed for sessions of reasonable length (an hour or more, typically).  4a) Typical phone gaming happens because you're waiting for something - time is usually not that long, and you need near-instant save and quit. 4b) Running a typical Diablo session of a phone battery means you will need a second phone so you can still make calls.

5) Blizzcon was NOT the place to make this announcement.  The fans were expecting a PC game from the PC game maker.  If you expect to get away with this kind of thing, you need to make it a "while your waiting for the real game..." - like Fallout Shelter did.

6) "Do you not have phones?"  Way to be patronising, you amazing fucking douchebag.

1 minute ago, Cybes said:

What I think:

No, you post opinions enough.  I'm still not entirely sure if the OP is a bot or bot-like, or an actual contributing member.

LOL - The launch went well

I'm going buy and play Titan Quest - Ragnarok when I get bothered to install it

Edited by Jeruselem

Crusaders of Light, a game written by the same engine behind Diablo Immortal ... has a PC version! Now, since it's the same damn engine surely they could port Immortal to PC!

Paladin = Crusader

Elementalist = Witch Doctor

Warrior = Barbarian

Mystic = Monk sorta but not really

Ranger = Demon Hunter

Shadow Knight = Necromancer

Edited by Jeruselem

Surely if they allow Diablo 3 to work with console controllers on consoles, they'd allow them to also work on a PC and not insist on only mouse and keyboard mappings? 

Nope.

Blizzard is dead, Activision WRECKED it. The new "You guys all have phones right?" Blizzard

Edited by Jeruselem

On 11/8/2018 at 6:27 PM, Cybes said:

3) Touch controls are extremely non-optimal.  Fingers sweat; glass gets inconsistently grippy and slick when wet

fingers sweat

firstly, they WHAT !? ?

secondly, even so, in your disdain for this game surely you've decided to go full Demtel ad on this?

"Are you tired of THIS (close up of puddles welling around a finger like its a broken fountain pen, followed by close up of soccer mum type shrugging dementedly, followed by a greyscale freezeframe), or THIS (old guy who just cant get an SMS written because his labrador won't quit licking up the sweat slicks on the screen), or THIS (father and daughter in the park, huddled around an ipad to look at pictures of the kite they've been flying when an ill-fated pinch-to-zoom gesture by the daughter slides right off the screen, poking him in the eye)?"

Then you need, new microfibre Touchies™!  Our gloves have been specially engineered with patented microfibre technology that allows touch screens to go on working perfectly while ensuring finger sweat is a thing of the past!

Stop those pesky mistaken identity money transfers.  Never bid on the wrong item again!  Never miss that high score!  And best of all, you can just wring them out when youre done! 

Act now, and we will send you not one, but two, packs of our disposable individual finger tampons for convenient sweat-free screen time on-the-go.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

firstly, they WHAT !? ?

secondly, even so, in your disdain for this game surely you've decided to go full Demtel ad on this?

1) They sweat.  If they stop doing that, you have real trouble picking up thin flat stuff like bits of paper.  If you'd like to try the experiment for yourself, try handling plaster of paris or potting clay for a day or two without gloves.

2) Obviously from the above, no, I was deadly serious.  Your portrayal of 'puddles' was well into Demtel territory, though.

yeah, most skin technically sweats.  i've dried my hands out with various materials. and i am not one of these deviants who lick their fingers reading the newspaper :P.  so its always there, yes.

i've never had this issue with a touch screen though.  or, maybe i have, but ive just absent-mindedly wiped my hands over my clothes and moved on too quickly to entrain a memory of it? 

individual hands vary of course.  so i could be wrong, but at present i just cant even conceive of this being a 'thing'.  and at number 3! 

in all other respects, i endorse your list.