Sign in to follow this  
adamclark

Diablo Immortal Announced (Mobile Game)

Most disliked/downvoted thing since EA's "sense of pride and accomplishment" statement.

Check out the crowd at their display event:

vQdKntU.jpg

1 hour ago, Nich... said:

But what do you think about it?

What I think:

1) It's an enormous waste of time putting that much effort into a mobile game - you'll never see it on the severely restricted screenspace of a phone.  Even playing it on a tablet (typically 10" or less) would be very iffy.

2) The screen realestate problem is only made worse by the fact that you have to stick your fingers on the damn screen to control it.  On a phone, with my-sized hands, that means you get to see maybe 3" of actual viewable area - some of which is going to be filled up with HUD.

3) Touch controls are extremely non-optimal.  Fingers sweat; glass gets inconsistently grippy and slick when wet; upshot: play for any length of time and you have control issues that make ball mice feel like aimbots.

4) A phone battery is not the place for a game of this nature: it's designed for sessions of reasonable length (an hour or more, typically).  4a) Typical phone gaming happens because you're waiting for something - time is usually not that long, and you need near-instant save and quit. 4b) Running a typical Diablo session of a phone battery means you will need a second phone so you can still make calls.

5) Blizzcon was NOT the place to make this announcement.  The fans were expecting a PC game from the PC game maker.  If you expect to get away with this kind of thing, you need to make it a "while your waiting for the real game..." - like Fallout Shelter did.

6) "Do you not have phones?"  Way to be patronising, you amazing fucking douchebag.

1 minute ago, Cybes said:

What I think:

No, you post opinions enough.  I'm still not entirely sure if the OP is a bot or bot-like, or an actual contributing member.

1 minute ago, Nich... said:

you post opinions enough

😛

• Haha 1

LOL - The launch went well

I'm going buy and play Titan Quest - Ragnarok when I get bothered to install it

Edited by Jeruselem