Fenn

Magazine Clearout!

We (AccessDenied, me, and the Minininja) are doing a massive declutter - the kind that involves a skip and a lot of trips to the Lifeline book warehouse. We have about 150 issues of Atomic magazine and they are all going... so if there are any crazy collectors out there - if you're missing an issue - or if you lost that one issue that has your prized hotbox circa 2008 - give us a shout in the next couple of weeks and we'll post it off to you!

I'd be keen for the following ones, that I had articles in:

Windows Home Server – An Introduction
Issue #88 - June 2008

Windows Home Server – Remote Access
Issue #89 - July 2008

Windows Home Server – Extending Your Windows Home Server Part 1
Issue #95 - December 2008

Windows Home Server – Extending Your Windows Home Server Part 2 - Installing Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
Issue #96 - January 2009

This is the current state of my collection: (Blue = duplicate, yellow = missing, green = my issues)

AtomicMPCIssuesV3.jpg

Edited by smadge1

When you know how much shipping is to Brisbane, let me know, I'll send you some dollars for postage.

If you can help me complete my set, I'd be fine with that too!

There's an issue from mid to late 2004 that had a piece in it about unattended windows xp installs.  Service Pack 2 came out in August, so the mag probably had a print date of anything from July to maybe October?

I can't seem to find a digital copy of the damn thing I wrote ?

LOL - just thumbing through issues to find the ones I need and saw a reference in 2005 to Juggs organising the kickarse birthday camp - and me threatening to bake carrot and oyster cake ?

Although i note that there was no mention of the short story competition we had on the forums in the same month - could that be because my winning short story involved a Green Code and a prostitute...?

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

did you bake the carrot and oyster cake ? ... please tell me you were feverish with a hundred and ten temp at the time and your taste buds were shot to shit

Not quite... Juggs was having a birthday camping trip and mentioned he had never had a birthday cake except bought ones. And I offered to make him one. The carrot and oyster was the Nanny Ogg aphrodisiac version ("carrot so's you can see in the dark, oysters so's you've got something to look at"). What actually happened was this:

"I'll bake you a birthday cake. What sort would you like?"

"Really! OMG, anything?"

"Yes, of course."

"Um... can I have... carrot cake?"

"Yes! But I meant, what shape? What do you want it to look like?"

"....wh... b... anything...?"

"Yes."

"..................................................................................................................... can it look like... b00bs?"

"Yes, Juggs. With cherries on top."

And that's how I own a D-cup cake tin.

• Haha 3

I'm looking for the one where I was published gushing about MechWarrior 2. I think it was a "genre defining games" special of some sort. I have NFI which issue that was.

I've been doing some tidying and preparation for an upcoming move.
It's probably no coincidence that I decided to fire up Ye Olde Atomic forums given that not too long ago I found a still shrinkwrapped copy of one of the later issues in a box 'o' stuff from an old move. I'll have to go find out what issue it is, but it was nice to see it there in all its unopened glory, just chilling in a box waiting for the day that someone would open it up and paw at the pages after time immemorial.

So when's the Atomic "we're all old and grey now, in some cases older and greyer than before" reunion LAN party?

On 12/3/2018 at 4:42 PM, SquallStrife said:

I'm looking for the one where I was published gushing about MechWarrior 2. I think it was a "genre defining games" special of some sort. I have NFI which issue that was.

SquallStrife, if you narrow it down a bit I'll have a look... 

On 12/13/2018 at 5:35 AM, Muinztar said:

So when's the Atomic "we're all old and grey now, in some cases older and greyer than before" reunion LAN party?

Are you volunteering to organise one? Cos we would do our best to get there! 

On 12/15/2018 at 4:35 PM, Fenn said:

SquallStrife, if you narrow it down a bit I'll have a look... 

Are you volunteering to organise one? Cos we would do our best to get there! 

Umm well it'll have to be when I move back to QLD because I left my gigabit network house behind. Yes - that means I stayed true to my words, although these days there'd be a few more asterisks.

12 minutes ago, SacrificialNewt said:

Holy shit! I'd forgotten about you.

Wow. Noobs can't triforce. That's leftover in the quote box from another thread ?

On 11/30/2018 at 9:49 AM, smadge1 said:

I'd be keen for the following ones, that I had articles in:

This is the current state of my collection: (Blue = duplicate, yellow = missing, green = my issues)

AtomicMPCIssuesV3.jpg

Now, I could never bring myself to throw out my old atomics, and I have all of them from issue 1 to about 80's or so. I think I could plug a few of those gaps, however the trouble is in that they are stored at my parents' house some 1000km away. This can be a long game kind of affair though.

Edited by Muinztar
n00b

Ah, there you are 🙂
Still in its original shirnk wrap. Only $20,192,962 on eBay. *Rare* NIB etc.

Atomic1.jpg

Atomic2.jpg

On 1/27/2019 at 5:51 PM, Muinztar said:

Atomic2.jpg

That cover just gave me a raging erection. I am so confused.

*Jealous.  I've got that issue but I guess it was postals only getting the SD card reader.

• Like 1

Which city are you guys in?  I'm happy to take whatever remains, for posterity...

On 1/29/2019 at 9:47 AM, Rybags said:

*Jealous.  I've got that issue but I guess it was postals only getting the SD card reader.

Oh, ha. No that's just there to hide the To address. It wasn't a subscriber bundle in, though that would have been nice.

Kothos, I'm currently in glorious ugh Sydney for work reasons. This I think is the only Atomic that I've got still in the original shrinkwrap, but I'm reasonably sure I have my stack back at my parents' house.

I wasn't really that jealous - chances are, like so many of such things I've got, it doesn't handle SDXC which renders so many of them useless in the modern day.

"City" - I do suspect that AD and Fenn are still in Canberra.

I'm still waiting for Fenn and others to get back to me...

I'd like some more 88,89,85,96

happy to pay + postage!

pretty please!