Chaos.Lady

So - who's around these days?

Nich and I have been kicking around an idea to better highlight active users here.

You all, I am sure, are aware that under your picture, you have a group.  You might be part of the "Hero" group or an "Atomican" or even a "Quark" (if you are new).  We have been looking for a way of showing who's still around and who isn't.  So, to kick off, we have created a new group - the Atømican group.  Anyone in this group will show with a glowy green name.  Once we have this working, we can look at a way of better identifying our active Heroes and Supers as well.

So, anyone who visits in a year will move to this group.  The way the promotion system works is that anyone who visits moving forward, and is currently an Atomican, will move into this new glowy green group which will show under their picture and in their profile.  Nich and I are still arguing about whether you will be put back into the default white Atomican group after 12 months of inactivity. 🙂

Let us know what you think!

3 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

Nich and I have been kicking around an idea to better highlight active users here.

You all, I am sure, are aware that under your picture, you have a group.  You might be part of the "Hero" group or an "Atomican" or even a "Quark" (if you are new).  We have been looking for a way of showing who's still around and who isn't.  So, to kick off, we have created a new group - the AtꙨmican group.  Anyone in this group will show with a glowy green name.  Once we have this working, we can look at a way of better identifying our active Heroes and Supers as well.

So, anyone who visits in a year will move to this group.  The way the promotion system works is that anyone who visits moving forward, and is currently an Atomican, will move into this new glowy green group which will show under their picture and in their profile.  Nich and I are still arguing about whether you will be put back into the default white Atomican group after 12 months of inactivity. 🙂

Not a bad idea Chaos, perhaps also an R.I.P against those who have not posted for a year 🙂

Joking but it might stir a few lurkers 🙂

Cheers

1 minute ago, chrisg said:

🙂

Cheers

Watch this space Chris.  Nich and I have been talking about something kinda in that arena (sorta).  Will let you know when it all firms up (ie when Nich stops arguing and admits that I'm always right :P). 

Stuff is a'comin! 🙂

You should see the change in color of your Superhero tag now Chris.  We have changed heroes and supers to show active and non-active as well now.  I've also convinced Nich to fix the colors to differentiate between better.

10 minutes ago, Jeruselem said:

I want my glow in the dark stickers too ...

How about a glow in the dark g-string?  Or tutu? 😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chaos.Lady said:

I've also convinced Nich to fix the colors to differentiate between better.

I'm not sure 'convinced' is the right word.  How about 'stated to'?

5 minutes ago, TheManFromPOST said:

I'm not here

🙂

I'm now a very pale blue, dunno what that means...

Cheers

i posted just to see how i got zhooshed

hmmmm.... clashes a little with my tag font in dark theme

Edited by scruffy1

5 hours ago, Chaos.Lady said:

a glow in the dark g-string?

Not sure I want radioactives in long-term close proximity to my bits, thanks.  Fluorescent (UV reactive) ones could be mildly interesting for a brief* period** (pole dancer/stripper or photoshoot maybe)...

*Ow!  Pun unintended.

**Eeww!  Even  more unintended.

Edit: Aww - Lost me glowy bit. 😞  n/m - I still have my rep. 😉

Edited by Cybes

1 hour ago, Cybes said:

Edit: Aww - Lost me glowy bit. 😞  n/m - I still have my rep. 😉

Which glowy bits?

8 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Which glowy bits?

There's nothing to see here.  Move along...

😛

every "O" in Atomican and Hero is a messed up rectangle for me.  just my browser maybe?

btw, what happened to Cybes' hero tag?

1 hour ago, @~thehung said:

every "O" in Atomican and Hero is a messed up rectangle for me.  just my browser maybe?

'WTF is that?'
'It looks like the Atomic logo. kinda'

I don't actually know what font it's from, so I'm not horribly surprised it's causing rendering issues.  What browser are you using?

6 hours ago, Nich... said:

'WTF is that?'
'It looks like the Atomic logo. kinda'

I don't actually know what font it's from, so I'm not horribly surprised it's causing rendering issues.  What browser are you using?

Quit with the smug custard breath. 😛

Does that look better?  

8 hours ago, @~thehung said:

btw, what happened to Cybes' hero tag?

How's it look now hung?

9 hours ago, @~thehung said:

1 hour ago, Chaos.Lady said:

How's it look now hung?

It's a slashed "O" for me.  If that wasn't your intended character, Chaos, then I'm guessing the board software is just passing the lookup code to the browser and how it actually renders is dependent on the user's own font selection.

4 minutes ago, Cybes said:

It's a slashed "O" for me.  If that wasn't your intended character, Chaos, then I'm guessing the board software is just passing the lookup code to the browser and how it actually renders is dependent on the user's own font selection.

Yeah, we are trying to make it not TOO noticeable.  The previous character was a cyrillic one which seemed to have some rendering issues.  This is a latin character, so I'm hoping it will render better for everyone.  If not, we will go back to the idea of using a plain "0" instead.  Although that's not really enough *pizzaz* I think. 😜

Until last night the O was as intended, now it's a slashed zero.

(Firefox browser)