smadge1

The Atomicans Discord

Posted (edited)

You are all invited to join Discord

Back in the day, there were a lot of us who used the AtomicIRC channel, which hasn't really existed for quite some time now.

Discord is the replacement of choice (for IRC), and offers many new features, is great for real-time chatting (text/voice) and sharing photos, memes, links etc. It was primarily set up as a platform for real-time gaming communication, and has many gaming related features (for PC)

You can chat in a Browser, using the Discord application, or as an app on your mobile device. All conversations are synced between devices.

Its much better than Facebook groups, as you don't even need to be on facebook. (this is a pro)

Sign up now! https://discord.gg/swKm5vS (Link shouldn't expire, if it isn't working, PM me)

Just for now, the Atomicans Discord server is completely SFW (Safe For Work).

If you have some experience with moderating or admin'ing a Discord server, let me know. (there is support for bots etc, which I've never used)

Also happy for folks who know how, to create and submit some emotes!

Edited by smadge1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 5

I've jumped on and ChildofChaos has put up his hand to give Smadge a hand with the setup stuff (he's been using Discord for a while now).

For anyone nostalgic for the old IRC days, it should be fun.  I doubt it will be as busy as it got back then though... ?

Hopefully we can look at some discord events in future as well if people are interested.

coooooooooooool ? 

?

Sounds fun but have to give me a month or so, looking after mother is a full-time job as I wait to get my own place ?

Cheers

I honestly don't know if I'll be there or not. I generally don't do real-time often anyway, especially not chat,  OTOH, I may get curious enough to try it one night.  Nice to know the option is there, though. ?

• Like 1

Similar deal here - though I spend hours on the computer at a time I generally have other stuff going on and don't really go for the casual social media thing.

Might get on though but I'd not expect to use it very much.

I generally only use discord on my iPad, somtimes my phone.

not sure i'd use something like that on my phone.... perhaps when i've moved house (again, fuggit >_< ) and have my laptop set up once more i'll try the browser version.... 

On the move again Cisco ?

Where to this time ?

Cheers

still in canberra for now, was staying at EPIC (exhibition park in canberra) caravan park when i first got here - found a dog friendly share house, moved in the day before EPIC closed for christmas/summernats, had been here less than a week and the landlord terminated the lease ? so all of us have to be out again by wednesday arvo ? 

the other housemates managed to find a place that will suit them, but it is not pet friendly ? so the muttley and i are shifting in with a mate... 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, C|sco said:

still in canberra for now, was staying at EPIC (exhibition park in canberra) caravan park when i first got here - found a dog friendly share house, moved in the day before EPIC closed for christmas/summernats, had been here less than a week and the landlord terminated the lease ? so all of us have to be out again by wednesday arvo ? 

the other housemates managed to find a place that will suit them, but it is not pet friendly ? so the muttley and i are shifting in with a mate... 

Geez, know the feeling, had a disastrous year in a dreadful rental in Perth, gave up, moved out to S.A. - permanently.

look after yourself ?

Cheers

Timeout.  
C|sco..  You're back in Canberra?  

Hit myself and Fenn up sometime.  We can't help with accommodation.  We could help for *very short term* pet care if needed (As long as your dog is friendly with 3 small lap dogs)  

AD

• Like 1

AD, would love to actually meet you guys and catch up! 

have shifted in to a place with a bloke i know through dog events, he has 3 of his own... so fingers crossed this place is a bit more of a long-term thing.... 

• Like 1