NZT48

circumcision

circumcision  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should involuntary circumcision be illegal?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. For the males: are you circumcised?

• Yes.
    • No.

Like I said before.  There is a PhD in this.  There probably already is!  

Is a girl getting her labia clipped (which does not interfere with orgasms) the same as a guy getting circumcised?  

That's a rough way of saying it.  And I'm only asking to spark conversation.

AD

I guess if the surgeries were done perfectly I would conclude perhaps a similarity of result.  ... but then for the guy, could he manage to withhold an erection till his raw skin has managed to heal ? The new skin has to learn to be in erection mode as well
as flacid ... I reckon that's gotta hurt like a bitch whilst the flesh is raw .

The labia does engorge a little, but crikey not like a penis ... and seriously ladies please wait till all is healed and vitamin E cream or aloe vera  gel has been liberally used before trying sexy moves

4 hours ago, AccessDenied said:

At birth:  Unless it is medically necessary, if not, then illegal.

As a child: Unless it is medically necessary, if not, then illegal.

As an adult:  Then personal choice.

I'm a circumcised male.  
It hasn't ruined me or anything like that.  I have a healthy sex life and it's fun.  
The worst I can say is "I'm curious about what it would have been like".  That's it for me.  
I don't hate my parents or the doctors for what happened.  It was what was 'right' at the time.  *Shrug*  

The worst part about being circumcised?  I can't properly teach my son appropriate hygiene.  I know you're meant to peel back the foreskin and clean.  But.  Does it hurt?  Is it uncomfortable?  Does it does it does it (So on and so forth).  

AD

For the very young, it's normal not to be able to peel back the foreskin.  Forcing it is damaging.  Unless you can peel it back with no pain, don't do it.

If there is an actual, observed problem, go to the doctor.

If not, then peel it back as far as it will go with no pain, and just rinse it in the shower.  You can lather with soap if you like, but it won't really be much better or worse.

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

Hmm,

Don't know much about FGM beyond it seems incredibly barbaric.

I did once know a girl who had her labia trimmed though, long before it became fashionable. I don't recall exactly why she did it but she was happy with it - didn't know her before so difficult to compare but she often referred to it as the equivalent of male circumcision ?

Cheers

Me too - but in my case, she did it because she had extra skin that was overly sensitive and while she could very carefully reach orgasm, a lot of normal sexual behaviour was just too "ticklish".

So she had it trimmed, and lost the ability to oragasm altogether - even though it was nowhere near her clitoris.  Go figure - sometimes physical trauma can affect nerves that are untouched but near the trauma site.

1 hour ago, AccessDenied said:

Turn of phrase evelyn.  I meant we're agreeing with each other whilst discussing/arguing a controversial topic.

AD

ChrisG..  I wonder if that is a thought.  I can't say yes or no because I haven't experienced non-circumcised. 

Is a women getting her labia clipped (which is a common thing for aesthetic reasons) as damaging as a guy getting a circumcision?  

I mean a guy when he gets circumcised is *NOT* getting his glans damaged.  It's just the surrounding skin.  

I'm not trying to justify things, but more asking a question to expand the conversation.

I'm just trying to expand discussion into other areas of thoughts and opinions. 

Consent of course is #1 and a person should have top priority on deciding on if their body gets cut.

AD

The foreskin isn't "just the surrounding skin", it's highly functional in it's own right.  It is about as sensitive as a clitoris (with less concentrated nerve endings of course), it protects the glans and makes that more sensitive, and it allows the penile sheath of skin to move, and therefore act as a physical lubricant - like logs under a huge stone, say, allow it to roll along - reducing pain for both male and female and requiring less or in many cases no added lubricant to be present.

I'm sorry to say, but being circumcised is essentially crippling, up to a point.  You can still have sex but, depending on the amount of skin removed and amount of scar tissue created, it's just not going to be as good-or-easy as if you were uncircumcised.

Edited by Kothos

7 hours ago, AccessDenied said:

Why is it that for cultural mental shifts about women it's taken so long, but FGM (Female Genital Mutilation) it's been accepted as bad pretty quickly. 

well, i'd guess the primary reason is a clear consensus that it has always had less than zero medical benefit, which precludes the specious arguments that perpetuate male circumcision.

and, it depends which cultural group is having the discussion... 

the estimated number of living females who've undergone FGM is 200,000,000. 

in other words, around 5%.

yes, 1 out of 20 ?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, fliptopia said:

I'm curious about what it would be like to be circumcised. I've thought about getting it done as an adult but it feels like it would be uncomfortable to do it now. I'm sure I'd get used to it.

this reminds me of the movie, Hannibal, which i hated but for one singular moment that cracked me up.  Gary Oldman's horribly disfigured character is recalling the story of how after some playful canoodling together Dr Lecter handed him a piece of broken mirror and suggested he try peeling his face off and feeding it to the dogs.  after a pause, he adds, "...It seemed like a good idea at the time."

i doubt youre as impressionable as that poor guy, but since i am unsure if its wise to make a similar suggestion re your old fella, i will opt to hedge my bets, as should you.  okay, so, you know how sometimes a man will shave off only half of his beard and moustache?  like, one side fully hairy and one side clean shaven?  well, why dont you take a piece of broken mirror and ... :D

• Haha 1

speaking of DIY body modification.  this one time, during a particularly bad bout of foreskin envy, i tried fashioning for myself a replacement of sorts out of the skin from a hock — ie. the lower part (distal, for those in the know) of a pigs leg often used in pea soup.  i opted for un-smoked, because i am not a fucking idiot.  but to anyone reading this and thinking hey thats a great idea, i say think again.  no, seriously.  do not try this.  at the very least, check with your Rabbi first.  it didnt work well at all.  i know they say its only a bad craftsman that blames his tools, and maybe thats also true of amateur surgeons, but i can tell you, in retrospect, knitting needles = bad choice. in my defence, it was all i had available.  the crippling pain wasnt even the worst of it:  in the end, the tissue rejected me.

oh well, ...it seemed like a good idea at the time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, @~thehung said:

this reminds me of the movie, Hannibal, which i hated but for one singular moment that cracked me up.  Gary Oldman's horribly disfigured character is recalling the story of how after some playful canoodling together Dr Lecter handed him a piece of broken mirror and suggested he try peeling his face off and feeding it to the dogs.  after a pause, he adds, "...It seemed like a good idea at the time."

i doubt youre as impressionable as that poor guy, but since i am unsure if its wise to make a similar suggestion re your old fella, i will opt to hedge my bets, as should you.  okay, so, you know how sometimes a man will shave off only half of his beard and moustache?  like, one side fully hairy and one side clean shaven?  well, why dont you take a piece of broken mirror and ... ?

I assure you it's not just for curiosity. It's about whether the couple of problems I have with it are worse than the operation. Better the devil you know sometimes. 

fair enough. 

if anything though, my own squeamishness over the utter finality of such a decision makes me no less compelled to make light of it! 

i wish you the best of luck. i do not envy any adult wanting/needing to seriously consider it AT ALL.

9 hours ago, Kothos said:

Me too - but in my case, she did it because she had extra skin that was overly sensitive and while she could very carefully reach orgasm, a lot of normal sexual behaviour was just too "ticklish".

So she had it trimmed, and lost the ability to oragasm altogether - even though it was nowhere near her clitoris.  Go figure - sometimes physical trauma can affect nerves that are untouched but near the trauma site.

Surprising K, but the range of human reaction to any trauma is quite large.

Certainly the girl I knew had no problems in that regard, there is always the G spot of course, assuming those nerves were not affected. A contentious area of female physical anatomy, there are still some who claim the G does not exist and others who speculate it is the underside of the clitoris. Not so in my experience, completely different type of orgasm produced by stimulation of either one - best, work on both ?

Cheers

and now, for your educational benefit :

• Like 1
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

15 hours ago, chrisg said:

Surprising K, but the range of human reaction to any trauma is quite large.

Certainly the girl I knew had no problems in that regard, there is always the G spot of course, assuming those nerves were not affected. A contentious area of female physical anatomy, there are still some who claim the G does not exist and others who speculate it is the underside of the clitoris. Not so in my experience, completely different type of orgasm produced by stimulation of either one - best, work on both ?

Cheers

Yeah, sadly we didn't stay together long enough for me/us to do some proper experimentation.

On 08/01/2019 at 2:31 PM, NZT48 said:

Cutting babies seems barbaric to me and I think it should be illegal. Uncircumcised is natural and how God made us and there is nothing wrong with it IMO. What do you think?

I think that using a computer is not very natural and should be made illegal for people made by God.

I wasn't made by God, so I'm ok I guess.

On 11/01/2019 at 9:35 PM, AccessDenied said:

That's kind of what I feel about this.  Circumcision now is about what it was 100 years ago for FGM.  I could be really wrong of course!  I mean really REALLY wrong.  But we're only now beginning to talk about it for men.  

Are we?  Hasn't this been a conversation that's been happening for a while now?  By that I mean for at least a decade, if not more than one.

On 11/01/2019 at 9:40 PM, chrisg said:

Hmm,

Don't know much about FGM beyond it seems incredibly barbaric.

I did once know a girl who had her labia trimmed though, long before it became fashionable. I don't recall exactly why she did it but she was happy with it - didn't know her before so difficult to compare but she often referred to it as the equivalent of male circumcision ?

Given the labia is related moreso to the scrotum, I'm not sure how that's really more related to male circumcision than if she had gotten her ears pierced, ignoring the fact that she obviously gave consent and most people who deal with circumcision and FGM don't.

?

It wasn't, the conversation had drifted to FGM, which labia trimming could be thought of as a form of.

k's rather poignant tale indicates that it could possibly have a similar affect to FGM.

Cheers

I reckon they should rename circumcision. Make it known as MGM ( Male Genital Mutilation ) maybe then the process of making it no longer tolerated would really get a move on.

• Like 2

Let’s put it simply:

If you chop off a kid’s arm it better be because keeping it is going to kill him because [medical condition]. Otherwise you’re a barbarian who needs a little love from Jamaal and Bubba, your future cell buddies.

If you chop off a kid’s foreskin it better be because keeping it is going to be detrimental due to [medical condition]. Otherwise you’re a barbarian who needs a little love from Jamaal and Bubba, your future cell buddies.

The only exception to the rule seems to be that one is sanctioned by a magical bearded sky wizard who also reckons the death penalty is appropriate for wearing a poly-cotton blend.

Edited by Leonid
Spellink
  • Like 2

My god.  Leonid and I agree on something.  I think I said something similar in my first reply.
Well.  It's obviously the end times.  

I'm sorry we brought about the end of the world.  

AD

22 hours ago, Leonid said:

Let’s put it simply:

If you chop off a kid’s arm it better be because keeping it is going to kill him because [medical condition]. Otherwise you’re a barbarian who needs a little love from Jamaal and Bubba, your future cell buddies.

If you chop off a kid’s foreskin it better be because keeping it is going to be detrimental due to [medical condition]. Otherwise you’re a barbarian who needs a little love from Jamaal and Bubba, your future cell buddies.

The only exception to the rule seems to be that one is sanctioned by a magical bearded sky wizard who also reckons the death penalty is appropriate for wearing a poly-cotton blend.

you sir, are a yiddish fail

and i like your work

I tried to learn to speak Yiddish once.  
The only thing I can remember is how to say "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you.  Could you repeat it?"
In Yiddish it's "WHaaaaatttttt?"

AD

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2019 at 10:32 PM, Kothos said:

The foreskin isn't "just the surrounding skin", it's highly functional in it's own right.  It is about as sensitive as a clitoris (with less concentrated nerve endings of course), it protects the glans and makes that more sensitive, and it allows the penile sheath of skin to move, and therefore act as a physical lubricant - like logs under a huge stone, say, allow it to roll along - reducing pain for both male and female and requiring less or in many cases no added lubricant to be present.

I'm sorry to say, but being circumcised is essentially crippling, up to a point.  You can still have sex but, depending on the amount of skin removed and amount of scar tissue created, it's just not going to be as good-or-easy as if you were uncircumcised.

Circumcision is crippling as far as the old hand jive goes, necessitating lube in the majority of cases, I gather (for a famous example, consider the worst possible head of the US EPA and horrifically corrupt scumbag, Scott Pruitt, using his security detail to drive around to various hotels in order to find his preferred lotion). In puritanical areas, the inhibiting masturbation angle has had more currency at times than the hygiene notion (at one point, clitorectomy was also the fashion to prevent the horrors of self-pollution)... holy crap, I hate puritans. 

Anyway, OTOH, when it comes to putting it where it belongs, skin sliding against (sufficiently lubed) skin is far, far more effective at achieving the aim of the exercise than having loose skin rolling back and forth at the interface, detracting from the effort being put in. Although of course, that's just a consolation for victims rather than a reason to do it - the inside of the foreskin is pretty damn sensitive, and uncut folks have measures available... 

I use a beefy o-ring for a cock ring, about 5mm thick. At that strength, and given a carefully chosen diameter, it not only allows one to be rock hard (and to continue after a short rest if gone too soon), but also to hold the skin tight since it cuts into the base just enough to stay there, while still allowing just enough blood flow to not go numb. It's pure win. For those inclined to give it a shot, it'll take some trial and error to find the right size. 

As for the staying power angle, maybe... But I tell you what beats a lack of sensitivity hands down - being stoned. It not only gives you (well, me, at least) the staying power of a god, but also heightens the sensation; I enjoy sex about five times as much after a bit of weed. 

?

Think I'll pass on the O ring... and getting stoned.

Never had a problem with that aspect of sex  ?

Cheers

It's not necessarily about solving a problem; it can simply be a question of enhancement. Technology can give us superpowers. 

if you need a cock ring, you aren't doing it right

bare feet beat wearing a garter

1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

It's not necessarily about solving a problem; it can simply be a question of enhancement. Technology can give us superpowers. 

?

I don't think of an O ring as technology - now, a Rabbit ?

Cheers