Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kimmo

AOC

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Leonid said:

Not to put it bluntly.... but the kids were there waiting for a bus.

They weren't there to piss anyone off. It was the Black Hebrew Israelites and the Native Americans that involved the kids. 

Neither the Black Hebrew Israelites, nor Native Americans have had anything done to them by Trump to warrant racial abuse by adults of 16yo kids.

So yeah. It would have happened, anyway.

to put it bluntly....the kids were there waiting for a bus.

they weren't there to piss anyone off. it was the Black Hebrew Israelites and the Native Americans that involved the kids.

whether you like or not, or whether or not it should be the case, MAGA hats, especially when worn by a gaggle preppy youths, are extremely polarising symbols in the current climate, capable of precipitating unsolicited antagonism from the likes of Black Hebrew Israelites and Native Americans.

so yeah.  it wouldnt have happened anyway.

Edited by @~thehung
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

whether you like or not, or whether or not it should be the case, MAGA hats, especially when worn by a gaggle preppy youths, are extremely polarising symbols in the current climate, capable of precipitating unsolicited antagonism from the likes of Black Hebrew Israelites and Native Americans.

Bit like wearing a flag cape today and expecting not to cop shit walking through Redfern. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, @~thehung said:

to put it bluntly....the kids were there waiting for a bus.

they weren't there to piss anyone off. it was the Black Hebrew Israelites and the Native Americans that involved the kids.

whether you like or not, or whether or not it should be the case, MAGA hats, especially when worn by a gaggle preppy youths, are extremely polarising symbols in the current climate, capable of precipitating unsolicited antagonism from the likes of Black Hebrew Israelites and Native Americans.

so yeah.  it wouldnt have happened anyway.

Whether you like it or not, Black Hebrew Israelites are extremely polarising black supremacists and religious fanatics *all the time* and ALWAYS start antagonism.

The hats never matter and would never have mattered.

This goes to my point: Trump hasn’t done diddly squat to blacks or The First Nations people. In fact they should be thanking him for winding down wars (blacks are over-represented in the military, and thus, casualties) and Trump increased funding for Telehealth and opioid abuse programs in Native American communities to deal with an epidemic passively ignored in the last 8 years.

They have no reason whatsoever to oppose him. Zero.

The fifth column of the fourth estate has weaponised useful idiots in minority groups to destroy democracy via reason-less violence and resistance to policies to aid them in “leaving the plantation”.

But you know why this would have happened, with or without the hats?

Because some of the dumbest fuckwits alive thought that as adults, school kids were fair game for racist and sexist taunts.

Edited by Leonid
Spelling got Marxed (blood in the streets, shellshocked letters, etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kimmo said:

Bit like wearing a flag cape today and expecting not to cop shit walking through Redfern. 

I’m currently in La Perouse with family for Australia Day.

Plenty of Muslim, Aboriginal and White cape wearers all around me.

 

You mistake the issues of a loud minority for the majority.

Try talking to some people outside your immediate Marxist circle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Leonid said:

Whether you like it or not, Black Hebrew Israelites are extremely polarising black supremacists and religious fanatics *all the time* and ALWAYS start antagonism.

The hats never matter and would never have mattered.

This goes to my point: Trump hasn’t done diddly squat to blacks or The First Nations people. In fact they should be thanking him for winding down wars (blacks are over-represented in the military, and thus, casualties) and Trump increased funding for Telehealth and opioid abuse programs in Native American communities to deal with an epidemic passively ignored in the last 8 years.

They have no reason whatsoever to oppose him. Zero.

The fifth column of the fourth estate has weaponised useful idiots in minority groups to destroy democracy via reason-less violence and resistance to policies to aid them in “leaving the plantation”.

But you know why this would have happened, with or without the hats?

Because some of the dumbest fuckwits alive thought that as adults, school kids were fair game for racist and sexist taunts.


lol, you are really tying yourself in knots to deny reality here

next youre going to tell me the Black Hebrew Israelites dont think they are the descendants of the biblical Israelites because they have no reason to believe that.  and yet, they do.  reality.

also, something that should sit well with your paranoia of leftist paranoia: the MAGA hat for many on the left is something between reminiscent of, and tantamount to, the swastika.  whether or not they should think this way, they do.  reality.

one factor i neglected to mention, probably because its common sense (or should be *sigh*), is perhaps the most instrumental one here: for the vendors of clickbait, who thrive on stoking the fires of misconception and disunity, a cluster of red MAGA hats in a video thumbnail is gasoline.  

reality. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

a cluster of red MAGA hats in a video thumbnail is gasoline.  

Well fancy that ! Fancy letting a piece of clothing cause such an uproar ! I mean heavens above ... it's not like you can't see the wearer now is it ? ...lol

/I'm so sorry. I just couldn't seem to resist. the temptation was just too strong :p~

Edited by eveln

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, eveln said:

Well fancy that ! Fancy letting a piece of clothing cause such an uproar ! I mean heavens above ... it's not like you can't see the wearer now is it ? ...lol

/I'm so sorry. I just couldn't seem to resist. the temptation was just too strong :p~

Yeah I mean can you imagine how I would be defended by the left wing press if I cornered a 16yo hijabi, which is far more potent as a symbol of populist radicalism than the MAGA hat?

But I know whose side the left will be on.

Because the modern left is about the colour of your skin, not the content of your character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2019 at 5:06 PM, Rybags said:

You just repeated what I said before... the US can't even pay for what they provide already so HTF could they afford to lean towards being a welfare state?

Well, they could stop spending billions on shitty wars and propping up other countries. That's help.

 

And second, the sums show they would _make_ money having universal health care. HTF do you think anyone else affords it?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/01/2019 at 6:43 PM, Leonid said:

Because the modern left is about the colour of your skin, not the content of your character.

That sort of shit right there is fucking poison, Leo.  Left/Right is still a political divide - the race and sex (and multiple gender) fuckwittery is an entirely separate issue, and you should address it as such.  Unless you want people to refer to you as a Nazi sympathiser simply for your economic stance.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kothos said:

Well, they could stop spending billions on shitty wars and propping up other countries. That's help.

but but isn't that what the present US Gov. is trying to do ? At least I thought that's what clamping down on some of the foreign aide spending and bringing troops back to the US was about ...

Edited by eveln

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, eveln said:

but but isn't that what the present US Gov. is trying to do ? At least I thought that's what clamping down on some of the foreign aide spending and bringing troops back to the US was about ...

I don't think Trump has enough brains to be "about" anything, but that aside, yeah if they reduced their military involvement as Trump sometimes says they should they would save a mint - it hasn't actually happened though, probably because they'd lose influence in the process and they don't want that either. 

But nevertheless, they could stop _starting_ pointless wars in the first place. That would help more. And they haven't reduced foreign aid to Israel - that's just hit record numbers.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL - unfortunate that the ignore function doesn't include quotes.

 

 

2scj8w.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Kothos crikey mate ! you can't blame all of US history on Trump ... I mean he's only been a pollie for about three-ish years dude ! 😛 ...I did think he'd stopped some foreign aide though ...  < confused face > I guess it's not important till it's Israel aide ?

also as has been proven lately he doesn't just get to do willy-nilly he's gotta get it past the other mob to ya know 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cybes said:

fucking poison

That's pretty much why I quit BoingBoing a while ago - I posted an article talking about how identity politics shouldn't be embraced by the Left, since defining people by their innate characteristics is called prejudice, and we worked out that was bad a long time ago. 

But there's a prevailing groupthink amongst a dominant clique there, mostly academics, who are really into the whole 'STFU white/cis/het/dude, check your privilege etc' bit. And I get it, the pendulum needs to swing around a bit; it's kinda like the vigilante streak in the #metoo movement - definitely problematic, but one hopes that cooler heads will prevail in the end. But at BB, there was a doctrinaire consensus that will brook no nuance... I was like, this is not what this place is supposed to be about. Seeya

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, eveln said:

@Kothos crikey mate ! you can't blame all of US history on Trump ... I mean he's only been a pollie for about three-ish years dude ! 😛 ...I did think he'd stopped some foreign aide though ...  < confused face > I guess it's not important till it's Israel aide ?

also as has been proven lately he doesn't just get to do willy-nilly he's gotta get it past the other mob to ya know 😉

So if you minus the aid reduction from the massive increase in Israeli aid, I wonder what we get?

But Trump isn't actually doing anything sensical. He wants to bring the troops home, but the talk from the White House is that if they pull out of Syria they would replace US troops with US funded mercenaries.  That would cost even more for a probably worse result. He's all rhetoric and no substance.

Edit: He also dismantled a perfectly good NNP treaty with Iran and reimposed sanctions for literally no reason other than it was an Obama achievement - risking an actual war with Iran as tensions escalate right now, as we speak.

Yeah, the US has been shit for decades, I was responding to your comment wrt to the "current US administration".

Edited by Kothos
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kothos said:

it hasn't actually happened though, probably because they'd lose influence in the process

I'd say the main reason the US keeps swinging its killingry around is the power of the military-industrial complex. Might as well wonder why fossil fuels are still such a thing. 

The main reason we persist with so many obviously bad ideas is that powerful people make a buck out of it, and have invested substantial resources in propaganda to fool dupes into believing obviously bad stuff isn't. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

That's pretty much why I quit BoingBoing a while ago - I posted an article talking about how identity politics shouldn't be embraced by the Left, since defining people by their innate characteristics is called prejudice, and we worked out that was bad a long time ago. 

But there's a prevailing groupthink amongst a dominant clique there, mostly academics, who are really into the whole 'STFU white/cis/het/dude, check your privilege etc' bit. And I get it, the pendulum needs to swing around a bit; it's kinda like the vigilante streak in the #metoo movement - definitely problematic, but one hopes that cooler heads will prevail in the end. But at BB, there was a doctrinaire consensus that will brook no nuance... I was like, this is not what this place is supposed to be about. Seeya

You couldn't find anything about yourself that was minority to give you cred? It's stupid but being Palestinian people take any pro-Jewish opinions.  I have seriously, just because the stereotype is for Palestinians to hate Jews.

Edited by Kothos
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kothos said:

You couldn't find anything about yourself that was minority to give you cred?

 I'm pretty sure being non-practicing poly or having a high IQ cuts it. No love for those minorities, despite the obvious oppression...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cybes said:

That sort of shit right there is fucking poison, Leo.  Left/Right is still a political divide - the race and sex (and multiple gender) fuckwittery is an entirely separate issue, and you should address it as such.  Unless you want people to refer to you as a Nazi sympathiser simply for your economic stance.

People do refer to me as a Nazi sympathiser for my economic stance.

Thats perfectly fine. Being called a Nazi by commies is a badge of honour. If commies like your economic stance - you’re a problem 🙂

 

Identity politics is a feature of the modern left. Don’t deny it. It started when I was at uni. When I started there was a queer safe space. When I left there was a trans safe space, an aboriginal safe space, and a few others.

Then there’s expectations - if you’re brown, you need to conform to brown peoples’ opinions or you’re made an outcast.

 

There’s another way of achieving progress instead of splitting people into ever-evolving micro-tribes.

1 hour ago, Kothos said:

And they haven't reduced foreign aid to Israel - that's just hit record numbers

That’s not under Trump. That’s under Obama.

And they’re not record numbers. Money has different value over time. The most aid in real terms given to Israel was during the Reagan administration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Kothos said:

So if you minus the aid reduction from the massive increase in Israeli aid, I wonder what we get?

Only $3.8b a year. Don’t get me wrong - that aid should be stopped (Israel is a $400b economy and is set to crack the top 15 economies in the world by 2025-2030).

But $3.8b a year, 75% of which must be spent on American military hardware and thus effectively never leaves the American economy - is not a lot when you’re talking about services to 350m Americans.

Accounting for the 75% that effectively stays in America anyway, leaves America with an extra $1b a year.

1 hour ago, Kothos said:

perfectly good NNP treaty with Iran

One of the things I’ve always loved about you is your dry sense of humour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it seems to me that, on balance, it may be a good thing for america to pull out of Syria.  there are strategic reasons to keep a presence, and stay worried about Iran and Russia.  but when it comes to fighting ISIS, in terms of operational realism, putting boots on the ground to fight an unambiguous standing army is very different to playing a never-ending game of guerilla whack-a-mole.

whether or not i am right about that, it amazes me how quickly people can become the mouthpieces of the prevailing agenda.  the same people ive heard loudly bemoaning the interventionism of US foreign policy for years, are now automatically trotting out ready-made sound bites like "Can you believe Trump wants to pull the troops out of the ME?  What an idiot!".  and that, it seems, is the end of it.  

a byproduct of his administration's agenda may actually be to nudge the military–industrial complex in a less problematic direction geo-politically, but you would never know it, when they are continually impeded by a bi-partisan pushback from top brass and others with vested interests in the status quo, and a media climate that silences any trace of sensible debate among moderates.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×