Sign in to follow this  
Kimmo

Clickspring

Oh boy, are you guys in for a treat. I discovered Clickspring when he was mentioned in passing in reverent tones by the highly droll This Old Tony. Was pleasantly surprised to find Clickspring is an absolute wizard in the workshop, produces extremely high quality video, and is an Aussie. 

He will blow your mind. 

• Like 3

Cheers, will give it a look.  I'm a regular viewer of ToT, AvE, bigclive among others.

36 minutes ago, Rybags said:

ToT, AvE

TLAs? 

The Lower Association?  Not interested in drifting, not much interested in 4-cyls.

Cletus McFarlane is a good channel but he seems to bounce around too many projects.  Leyroy (the Corvette minus body with roll-cage) is a great series but seems to be on the backburner in favour of the jet powered El Camino.   Neighbor (Crown Vic ex cop car with Miami 5.0 litre) is another good one.

I probably posted most of this in the Binky thread...

Mike Finnegan's channel is a good one.  I mainly just watch Finnegan's Garage though https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1IdPylqngGiuHFLJqHbG_g

He also works for Motor Trend which it seems appears to be taking over lots of car related shows - lots of Discovery/Velocity shows are now under their banner.
My favourite Motortrend inhouse shows are Roadkill, Roadkill Garage and Engine Masters (also their YT channel names)
They used to be freely available on YT (and the old eps should still be there) but now they're pay to stream on Motortrend's own site.

Edited by Rybags

3 hours ago, Rybags said:

The Lower Association? 

Three-Letter Acronyms?

ToT = This Old Tony (he even uses it himself)

AvE = AvE (his channel name which is an acronym for Arduino vs Evil)

so yeah, after finishing ep 2 of The Antikythera Mechanism its already clear that this series is maybe the ne plus ultra of YT content.  stuff like this is the ultimate validation of the platform. 

question, around 6:50, HTF did he manage to sand back those rivets to the level of invisibility?  fake news!

Edited by @~thehung
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

43 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

so yeah, after finishing ep 2 of The Antikythera Mechanism its already clear that this series is maybe the ne plus ultra of YT content.  stuff like this is the ultimate validation of the platform. 

question, around 6:50, HTF did he manage to sand back those rivets to the level of invisibility?  fake news!

Pretty much exactly what I reckon. 

I think the trick with the invisible hole filling is the peening.

yeah, gonna need something more scientific!

i guess if the rivets were the same material (bronze?) the crystals might fuse together across the seam under the heat/pressure ????  ?‍♂️

if you go back and look though, its a fairly tight close up where he rotates both sides in pretty unforgiving light. 

eight places to spot even the slightest deviation from the grainy texture of the brushed finish, and there isnt one (that i can see). 

• Like 1