Sign in to follow this  
Kimmo

What a joke

Just a pity I suppose you weren't an active member during the time the hospital staff in Queensland weren't being paid due to malfunction of computer software program. Thousands of staff suffered for months.
Working staff told to go to life line for food and necessities ... and they still worked ... and no bloody governing body would go get a physical ledger and pay them cash all the while this was going on . You could've made a gloriously angry thread 'bout that

How come you didn't come in and make this thread when Obama shut down their Government ? Oh yes I know ... cos it's not really about the the workers affected but the governing body of the day ... just a tad hypocritical, much ?

What about Pelosi ? Not willing to hang around and join in talks but willing to use unpaid staff to fly her over to Brussels  <<< sorta reminds me a little of an Aussie ex-pollie with a penchant for helicopter rides.
She got trumped on that journey though didn't she ? What a nerve of the woman ?

Edited by eveln
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, eveln said:

How come you didn't come in and make this thread when Obama shut down their Government ? Oh yes I know ... cos it's not really about the the workers affected but the governing body of the day ... just a tad hypocritical, much ?

Lolwut? Was I even hanging around then? Looks like I touched a nerve. 

Anyway, I'm referring not just to the shutdown but the whole 'philosophy' of trickle-down supply-side bullshit; Robert Reich knows his shit, you should pay attention.

What's more, apples and oranges

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Kimmo said:
24 minutes ago, eveln said:

Lolwut? Was I even hanging around then? Looks like I touched a nerve. 

Anyway, I'm referring not just to the shutdown but the whole 'philosophy' of trickle-down supply-side bullshit; Robert Reich knows his shit, you should pay attention.

What's more, apples and oranges

No. You weren't online then, but this happened in your own back yard. To people and families in your own country because of malfunction of programming ie: big business fuck-up . Right up your alley I would have thought. If you
really cared about the "trickle-down supply-side bullshit" of shit going on in your own country ...

" During the shutdown, approximately 800,000 federal employees were indefinitely furloughed, and another 1.3 million were required to report to work without known payment dates. "  << that's from Obama's shutdown in 2013.

I can wiki and google stuff too

I bloody bet the people on the ground give a fuck about " apples and oranges " ... bet they're all finding it a bit tough being winter an' all over there too but that's alright isn't it the lady can put her pearls on and expect her way ...

Sure you hit a nerve.

Edited by eveln
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, eveln said:

your own country 

I'm pretty sure you've got me confused with someone else. 

What the hell? You've met me. 

Not quite comparable Ev.

The Qld situation was a consequence of a disastrous software system roll-out. It most certainly could have been avoided and it was handled very poorly but no one turned the money tap off deliberately, Trump has.

BTW, the flight to Brussels etc would have been on a government aircraft operated by Military personnel, they are still being paid.

On balance though agree with both of you, Trump is a moron and Qld Health is run by idiots on its IT side in particular.

Cheers

Edited by chrisg

They’re all morons.

Dems claim walls won’t work (uh yeah they do!) and won’t give Trump $6b for the border wall that most senior democrats are on record as supporting during Obama’s years.

Trump is hedging passing this wall through budget on the back of workers who now haven’t been paid in a month. That’s not cool at all.

40 minutes ago, Leonid said:

They’re all morons.

Dems claim walls won’t work (uh yeah they do!) and won’t give Trump $6b for the border wall that most senior democrats are on record as supporting during Obama’s years.

Trump is hedging passing this wall through budget on the back of workers who now haven’t been paid in a month. That’s not cool at all.

From reports I've heard, Trump was given the $6b. He now wants something like $27b. 

?

A reasoned piece by someone in the major ship building business calculated the amount of steel needed to build the wall if it were a steel barrier.

It amounts to more than the total annual production of the U.S. steel industry, let alone transport etc. So steel would have to be imported from China...

Someone used the wrong envelope to do the calculations on the back of...

Cheers

• Like 2

Trump wants 5 billion for his wall but most smart people know 5 billion doesn't even to near finishing a fence across the border (I call it a fence because it's steel fence and not a wall). Of course, they'll run out of money for the wall and demand more later. Then you have a account for people ... fixing his fence when say a large object knocks part of it over accidentally.

Edited by Jeruselem

8 hours ago, chrisg said:

Someone used the wrong envelope to do the calculations on the back of

In his defence... There wasn't much room left on that envelope after Rudd's NBN doodles.

15 hours ago, Kimmo said:
15 hours ago, eveln said:

your own country 

I'm pretty sure you've got me confused with someone else. 

What the hell? You've met me. 

I'm referring above to the QLD hospital catastrophe that had workers not being paid, but still expected to work, for months.  - I know QLD is a long way from Vic. but it is the State in which we met ? , and apart of "your own country ".
This went on for months, forced some to be evicted cos their housing payments were not meant  met etc.etc. ... I'm commenting on the fact this did not concern you enough to log back in and show your feelings on the matter .

I love how we here in our own naturally bordered country tend to deride another country from making some sort of border

15 hours ago, chrisg said:

Not quite comparable Ev.

The Qld situation was a consequence of a disastrous software system roll-out. It most certainly could have been avoided and it was handled very poorly but no one turned the money tap off

The people worked the job without being paid for several months ... it is the same. The money was there but because the system broke the decision to pay the workers was vetoed by someone.

Edited by eveln
bolded emphasis and strike through error

12 hours ago, eveln said:

I bloody bet the people on the ground give a fuck about " apples and oranges " ... bet they're all finding it a bit tough being winter an' all over there too but that's alright isn't it the lady can put her pearls on and expect her way ...

In case it was not evident, the comment above is re Nancy Pelosi again.

2 hours ago, eveln said:

I'm commenting on the fact this did not concern you enough to log back in and show your feelings on the matter.

yeah, we clearly need some sort of amendment to the guidelines https://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/guidelines/

"Whosoever has been absent shall not comment on topical issues if they can be connected in a roundabout way to persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, products, or events deemed topical during the time of said absenteeism" :P

• Like 2

Hmm,

Trump is wanting money for an unrealistic project that hasn't apparently even been costed properly, he didn't get it so he is holding the nation to ransom with their paychecks - akin to a child holding their breath and turning blue until they get their way...

The Qld stuff up was caused by some very badly deployed computer systems in the end. The money might well have been there, in fact it pretty much had to have been funded but paying people especially a very large organisation like Qld Health is not so simple. I utterly agree they should have found another way, like rolling back the system, but from dealings with them Qld Health have one hell of a disconnect with reality...

Those are rather different situations, apart from both involving a lack of realism.

Cheers

4 hours ago, Leonid said:

In his defence... There wasn't much room left on that envelope after Rudd's NBN doodles.

?

Next time use an envelope from a Valentine's card  ?

Cheers

26 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

yeah, we clearly need some sort of amendment to the guidelines https://forums.atomicmpc.com.au/guidelines/

"Whosoever has been absent shall not comment on topical issues if they can be connected in a roundabout way to persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, products, or events deemed topical during the time of said absenteeism" ?

Indeed. We can't have people just logging in out of nowhere and posting their thoughts on a particular subject, especially when they haven't on a previous subject which had some similarities to the current subject! 

/sarcasm

Yeah, life sucks sometimes. Some things are outrageously unfair. There is outrageously unfair stuff happening to many people as we speak, aside from people being furloughed. 

35 minutes ago, @~thehung said:

"Whosoever has been absent shall not comment on topical issues if they can be connected in a roundabout way to persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, products, or events deemed topical during the time of said absenteeism" ?

This could be the First Amendment.

The second one is the good one though. Everyone gets a bear.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Leonid said:

This could be the First Amendment.

The second one is the good one though. Everyone gets a bear.

I've always wanted a bear! Do we get a real one?

40 minutes ago, SacrificialNewt said:

There is outrageously unfair stuff happening to many people as we speak, aside from people being furloughed. 

My point precisely.

The "leader of the free world" holding his breath til he gets what he wants warrants discussion, no? Otherwise it's like the people who say we can't send money as foreign aid because we have homeless people here or many other false either/ors. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

The "leader of the free world" holding his breath til he gets what he wants warrants discussion, no? Otherwise it's like the people who say we can't send money as foreign aid because we have homeless people here or many other false either/ors. 

We shouldn’t send money for foreign aid for another very simple reason.

We shouldn’t transfer money from our poor and middle class to rich people in poor countries. That is the fundamental truth of foreign aid.

2 hours ago, SacrificialNewt said:

I've always wanted a bear! Do we get a real one?

You get the right to arm one.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Leonid said:

We shouldn’t send money for foreign aid for another very simple reason.

We shouldn’t transfer money from our poor and middle class to rich people in poor countries. That is the fundamental truth of foreign aid. 

I understand your point on this but we can give the money with provisos that is spent in a certain way. A good example of this is schooling and dictating a crrtain amount of what is taught to help get citizens of other countries with ideas more compatible with citizens of yours.

Again with the comparison, do you never give to charities because of the portion that goes to administration? 

Without some foreign aid some countries are less stable, meaning more refugees. It's all about spending it wisely. 

• Like 1