Sign in to follow this  
Kimmo

What a joke

9 minutes ago, eveln said:

Should we in Aus. still even contemplate taking a route that has been tried and found wanting ?

I believe he's referring to LFTR and pebble beds, and the like.  The Europeans have all old tech stuff that fails dangerous rather than safe.  These 'new' designs are untried at large scales and times.  (LFTR had a university trial plant for a while, but I can't recall the details.) 

7 hours ago, Nich... said:

And seeing as I'm on team green nuclear power, I'm rejected by most parties when it comes to the environment, anyway.

Actually, it was Goth who convinced me that could be a thing... But there's no convincing me to trust either the public sector or definitely the private sector to do it right. Which is okay, because we don't need nukes, except for medical isotopes and whatever. 

6 hours ago, Cybes said:

I believe he's referring to LFTR and pebble beds, and the like.  The Europeans have all old tech stuff that fails dangerous rather than safe.  These 'new' designs are untried at large scales and times.  (LFTR had a university trial plant for a while, but I can't recall the details.) 

Ahh okay. Can't get lost in google-fu right now, duty calls ... but I shall do later.