Sign in to follow this  
Kimmo

What a joke

Why in fuck's name should any of us pay the slightest heed to what Fox has to say about it? 

Of course they're the first to purport to have any meaningful analysis; pulling shit out of your arse only takes a moment. 

Edited by Kimmo

If it's ok to link or quote the dishonest globalista rag known as The Guardian, it's more than ok to do the same with Fox.

😎

1 minute ago, Waltish said:

If it's ok to link or quote the dishonest globalista rag known as The Guardian, it's more than ok to do the same with Fox.

😎

Personally, I would much prefer that everyone kept their fucking hair on and their dicks in their pants while we let multiple sources cover all of what has been said.  That too much to ask?

• Like 2

I have not told any one what they should or shouldn't read source quote, was just saying it's ok to read source quote Fox as well.

1 hour ago, Cybes said:

Personally, I would much prefer that everyone kept their fucking hair on and their dicks in their pants while we let multiple sources cover all of what has been said.  That too much to ask?

That's how I'm taking it right now. There's a lot of stuff going on we aren't privy to, so it's way too early to oil the guillotine *or* squelch all dissent.

• Like 2

Yes there is a lot going on,and also Barr is still to submit his full report.
What I linked was just a summary/cover letter 🙂

I'm not telling anyone not to post Fox drivel; I just think it's hilarious that someone would imagine it has a shred of credibility. Fox. Extruding Rupert's dick cheese into your brain. 

And you can shitcan the Guardian all you like, but that doesn't do a damn thing about reality's well-known left wing bias, or make 'follow the money' make any less sense, and I'm still waiting for someone, anyone, to seriously nominate a more credible news outlet aside from The Intercept. 

18 minutes ago, aquilus said:

it's way too early to oil the guillotine

What is this I don't even. 

What do you think would be an appropriate guillotine trigger? Bearing in mind of course, we appear to be talking figurative guillotines. 

Yes we're talking figurative. Don't arrest me ASIO ;D

I think it's the 'no exoneration over obstruction' that merits waiting and seeing. That makes it sound like Orange Joffrey ain't out of the woods just yet.

I hope they do make the report public. It's certainly in the public interest.

1 hour ago, aquilus said:

I think it's the 'no exoneration over obstruction' that merits waiting and seeing. That makes it sound like Orange Joffrey ain't out of the woods just yet.

My thoughts exactly.  For an innocent guy, he sure has been behaving an awful lot like someone with a fresh body in the trunk.  Not to mention the dozens of other investigations going on atm - at least half of which seem to be into criminal activities before the presidency.

Not exonerate is the best Mueller can do, he also said not indite and left it up to Barr and Rosenstein who both said there is no evidence of obstruction.

But hey it's your time waste it looking down empty rabbit holes If you like.

If Mueller had anything he would have used it.

Schiff and  co won't find anything and they know that's not what it is about, they want to throw shade and try to keep control of the narrative.

Schiff is one of many who will learn first hand about, glass houses and throwing stones.

35 minutes ago, Waltish said:

Not exonerate is the best Mueller can do, he also said not indite and left it up to Barr and Rosenstein who both said there is no evidence of obstruction.

But hey it's your time waste it looking down empty rabbit holes If you like.

If Mueller had anything he would have used it.

Schiff and  co won't find anything and they know that's not what it is about, they want to throw shade and try to keep control of the narrative.

Schiff is one of many who will learn first hand about, glass houses and throwing stones.

As the Aus ABC team said, he didn't actually sit in the same room and make a deal - he said "Russia, if you're listening...", and they were, and they did what he asked.  But that's not actually conspiracy, at least by current US law, so he skates on that one.

Given his pants-shitting, as reported by multiple WH insiders, though, there's gotta be something he's afraid of surfacing; innocent people might sigh and tell the cops they're wasting their time, but they don't ask people for personal loyalty pledges or fire people for recusing themselves where there's a painfully obvious conflict of interest.  I do not pretend to know what that is - he's totally brazen about committing outright criminal acts right out in public.

• Like 1

Fictional  white house insiders, hehehe

Enjoy yourself making it work for you.

It is of no consequenc, events will make that obstruction/colusion/whatever shadow puppet show recede into insignificance.

😎

Edited by Waltish
spellings

Double post, phones are hard to post with.

Edited by Waltish

Heh,

I never had much of an expectation that any interference with the election via FSB or some other Moscow collection of spooks would reveal much. To give the Russians their due they would have worked through so many cut-outs, if indeed they did anything, that the trail would be undetectable.

Trump however has consistently refused to release his tax returns, has not put his businesses into a blind trust, leaving him open to corruption charges, he has two hookers revealing his peccadilloes who were paid off during his campaign. He certainly has had suspicious interactions with Russia but mostly via his son. Personally I think it is more muckraking than anything else, there's enough potential dirt on him under investigation without worrying over that long shot.

It's worth noting however that the letter does state that the report does not exonerate him.

I've always had to ask though: What would it gain Russia to have Trump, a narcissistic liar and a loose cannon when it comes to threats involving the nuclear might of America who at the same time is a reported Vietnam draft dodger with little foreign affairs skills or military competence who pays scant notice of his advisers in the White House ?

I suppose if you wanted to polarise the country and potentially cause nationwide chaos ie. last Christmas with unpaid government workers, who has a fetish for walls and an addition to TV and Twitter he'd be a GREAT pick...

Maybe that was the undetected game...  🙂

Cheers

1 hour ago, Waltish said:

Enjoy yourself making it work for you.

I'm really trying to keep this polite here, Walt, but you're sure not making it easy throwing insults like that around.  And if you don't think that was one, that should be a great big clue for you that you might not be seeing things clearly atm.

Maybe, you're seeing something that I'm not.  Can you explain for me why you think Trump is the best thing since Jesus?  And how do you square that with the documented, factual, on-tape, or out-of-his-own-mouth stuff that would have anyone else in prison?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

I suppose if you wanted to polarise the country and potentially cause nationwide chaos ie. last Christmas with unpaid government workers,

I can't remember how you felt about the Obama caused a shut down ... ;) not that it matters really ...

Why don't one of you Trumpists answer this fucking shit. 

10 hours ago, Kimmo said:

The cunt is a complete wrecking ball. And you prefer this. 

An American president is not just the chief executive of the United States, and the office he (eventually she) holds is not just a bully pulpit to advance policy ideas. He is also a moral leader, and the office is a moral pulpit invested with meaning about the common good.

As George Washington’s biographer, Douglas Southall Freeman, explained, the first president believed he had been entrusted with something of immense intrinsic worth, and that his duty was to uphold it for its own sake and over the long term. He led by moral example.

Few of our subsequent presidents have come close to the example Washington set, but none to date has been as far from that standard as Trump.

In the 2016 presidential campaign, when accused of failing to pay his income taxes, Trump responded “that makes me smart”. His comment conveyed a message to millions of Americans: that paying taxes in full is not an obligation of citizenship.

Trump boasted about giving money to politicians so they would do whatever he wanted. “When they call, I give. And you know what, when I need something from them two years later, three years later, I call them. They are there for me.” In other words, it’s perfectly OK for business leaders to pay off politicians, regardless of the effect on our democracy.

Trump sent another message by refusing to reveal his tax returns during the campaign or even when he took office, or to put his businesses into a blind trust to avoid conflicts of interest, and by his overt willingness to make money off his presidency by having foreign diplomats stay at his Washington hotel, and promoting his various golf clubs.

These were not just ethical lapses. They directly undermined the common good by reducing the public’s trust in the office of the president.

A president’s most fundamental responsibility is to uphold and protect our system of government. Trump has weakened that system.

When, as a presidential nominee, he said a particular federal judge shouldn’t be hearing a case against him because the judge’s parents were Mexican, Trump did more than insult a member of the judiciary. He attacked the impartiality of America’s legal system.

When Trump threatened to “loosen” federal libel laws so he could sue news organizations that were critical of him and, later, to revoke the licenses of networks critical of him, he wasn’t just bullying the media. He was threatening the freedom and integrity of the press.

When, as president, he equated neo-Nazis and Ku Klux Klan members with counter-protesters in Charlottesville, Virginia by blaming “both sides” for the violence, he wasn’t being neutral. He was condoning white supremacists, thereby undermining equal rights.

When he pardoned Joe Arpaio, the former sheriff of Maricopa county, Arizona, for a criminal contempt conviction, he wasn’t just signaling it’s OK for the police to engage in brutal violations of civil rights. He was also subverting the rule of law by impairing the judiciary’s power to force public officials to abide by court decisions.

When he criticized NFL players for kneeling during the national anthem, he wasn’t really asking that they demonstrate their patriotism. He was disrespecting their – and, indirectly, everyone’s – freedom of speech.

In all these ways, Trump undermined core values of our democracy.

This is the essence of Trump’s failure – not that he has chosen one set of policies over another, or has divided rather than united Americans, or even that he has behaved in childish and vindictive ways unbecoming a president.

It is that he has sacrificed the processes and institutions of American democracy to achieve his goals. By saying and doing whatever it takes to win, he has abused the trust we place in a president to preserve and protect the nation’s capacity for self-government.

Robert Reich

Any response from one of you cheerleaders of the apocalypse, at all? 

1 hour ago, Cybes said:

I'm really trying to keep this polite here, Walt, but you're sure not making it easy throwing insults like that around.  And if you don't think that was one, that should be a great big clue for you that you might not be seeing things clearly atm.

Maybe, you're seeing something that I'm not.  Can you explain for me why you think Trump is the best thing since Jesus?  And how do you square that with the documented, factual, on-tape, or out-of-his-own-mouth stuff that would have anyone else in prison?

No! , I said before I am not interested in a war of words with you I have no interest in convincing you, it's an utter waste of my time.

Feel free to get as triggered as you need to, I understand.

Most of the time I am perfectly happy to not defend my position, I don't need to make others agree/believe me.

Share my thoughts express my opinion give info is mostly where I'm at.

😎

13 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Why don't one of you Trumpists answer this fucking shit. 

Any response from one of you cheerleaders of the apocalypse, at all? 

Yes ok it's a pile of drek.

😎

4 minutes ago, Waltish said:

No! , I said before I am not interested in a war of words with you I have no interest in convincing you, it's an utter waste of my time.

If you can't be bothered backing up your words, then you are doing nothing more than trolling.  I shall now treat you appropriately.

2 minutes ago, Cybes said:

If you can't be bothered backing up your words, then you are doing nothing more than trolling.  I shall now treat you appropriately.

Dude get as precious as you feel you deserve.

I don't march to the beat of your drum.

How you posture your self is your choice.

😎

https://www.peoplespunditdaily.com/news/politics/2017/03/15/trump-paid-higher-tax-rate-obama-romney/

" President Trump paid roughly $38 million in taxes on $150 million in income.

That’s an effective federal tax rate of roughly 25%.

In 2015, Mr. Obama released his federal income tax returns showing he and the First Lady filed jointly and reported an adjusted gross income (AGI) of $436,065. The Obamas paid $81,472 in total tax, giving them an effective federal income tax rate of 18.7%.

In 2014, Sen. Sanders and his wife took $60,208 in deductions from their taxable joint income of $205,271. Of course, they are all perfectly entitled to do so because these oft-assailed deductions are legal under and permitted by the U.S. tax code. They paid a total $27,653 in federal income taxes, giving them an effective federal tax rate of just 13.5%. According to the Tax Foundation, the average federal income-tax rate for a couple making $200,000 to $500,000 in 2014 was 15.2%, meaning the class warfare warrior paid a lower-than-average tax rate.

Meanwhile, on average, millionaires and billionaires–the same group of people Sen. Sanders hammered as greedy on the campaign trail last cycle–paid nearly double the federal tax rate that he and his wife did. According to the Tax Foundation, those greedy evil people paid an average effective federal tax rate of 27.4%, slightly higher than the percentage President Trump paid in 2005.

Lastly, Mitt Romney, the 2012 Republican nominee, paid $1.9 million in taxes on $13.69 million in income in 2011, most of it from his investments. That’s an effective tax rate of 14.1%.

(UPDATE: A previous version of this article reversed average years for 2005 and 2015.) "

I guess the above is for Kimmo really ... or whoever cares to read it  ... I mean, it's not the Guardian but hey some journo or other,  still put it together .

Edited by eveln

13 minutes ago, Waltish said:

Yes ok it's a pile of drek.

Oh wow, formidable rebuttal; so well-reasoned and self-evidently incontrovertible. How impressive, the way you explicitly refuted each point so comprehensively. Awesome stuff; guaranteed to make converts in droves. 

• Like 1

🙂

Tax is based on income, which Trump can slide around wherever he wants inside his companies, without a full audit it is impossible to say if his declaration is correct or a case of sleight of hand - something he pretty much admits to.

I've no idea where the writer obtained the figures anyway.

Re the Obama shutdown, see this comparison:

https://www.politifact.com/facebook-fact-checks/statements/2019/jan/02/blog-posting/obama-2013-and-trump-2018-are-shutdowns-same/

Obama wanted better health care and stopping already ridiculous amounts of government accumulated debt so the value of T Bills was protected. Trump wants a fucking wall...oh, and to protect his ego.

End of story.

Cheers

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, eveln said:

I guess the above is for Kimmo

After having a look around that site, I'm going to take those figures with several grains of salt. 

That site is transparently partisan. Probably funded by Koch bros...