Sign in to follow this  
Kimmo

What a joke

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, chrisg said:

Sometimes your stupidity really knows no bounds....

Cheers

Says the guy who thinks AOC is credible.

edit: sometimes you can be a tiresome old turd ... but I usually refrain from saying so cos well, it's not polite.

7 hours ago, fliptopia said:

Yeah. They should be thanking their stars they aren't being starved and gassed and experimented on. Always best to set a low bar to compare your life "goodness" against. 

They should. Really . They may be in need, but they were thinking straight to go to the USA for help . Tell me what bar is actually set anywhere ? What bar did we set ten years ago when we allowed a building company to build a block that has now left hundreds of people living on the streets ? They were not homeless, they in fact seem to have paid well to be homeless now ... where is the bar ?

There are issues with personal philanthropy superceding state-based welfare systems, especially in the US, but... what should they do that would not normally be called out for foreign interference and/or colonialism?

Well right. it is there money to do with as they please and at the moment it appears what they wish to do is make a country that is working to the best of it's current abilities and working at providing for its ( current population of ? )  citizens, into an unstable mess. A bit like a lot of the countries in Europe are presently. Seems to me these money men are quite okay with the idea of interference already ( even if you are not ). I just thought they could do some good for a change and help put an end to the reasons for these millions of people feeling the need to become refugees.

And, at what point is it considered worse to call it a concentration camp, than what is happening in those camps, whatever they're called?

Like I said earlier go look at some real life doccos. Why do you feel the need for me to treat  you like you are ignorant ? 

Edited by eveln

🙂

Perhaps because you are but then again when someone thinks Trump a good president their credibility is out the window immediately.

You seem to have certainly begun the day with a blast of blither that makes even less sense than usual.

Cheers

2 hours ago, eveln said:

They should. Really . They may be in need, but they were thinking straight to go to the USA for help . Tell me what bar is actually set anywhere ? What bar did we set ten years ago when we allowed a building company to build a block that has now left hundreds of people living on the streets ? They were not homeless, they in fact seem to have paid well to be homeless now ... where is the bar ?

You could ask yourself if you think the situation you are in is warranted for a start. Are you being treated like a human being within the realms of the situation at hand? Of course you have to weigh up pros and cons. Do you feel safer than you did in the situation you were fleeing? Maybe you have better access to food now but you've lost family along the way.  Just saying you're not in the worst possible situation isn't really a measure of humanity. Even saying it could be worse has it's limits as it could pretty much always be worse in some way., so can't be used as a yard stick on it's own.

People are dying on the way to make this journey. Lots of them. There has to be a good reason to risk it all for such a trek. I agree with trying to do things to fix the country's they are in but a straight out "remove dictator x"  just leaves a power vacuum and has rarely worked out well. Just throwing money at the country also doesn't work as the people at the top usually take most of that. Money with provisos and consequences is probably the best bet. Look at how it has worked for the Catholic church around the world. Not necessarily good for the people but the church got certain levels of compliance out of people.

The thing is, you're comparing desperate people asking for help and being locked away to people who were hunted down because they were a particular race/religion and being locked away under worse circumstances. Have we learned nothing as people? Probably not enough. 

As for the bit about a building block... well they are all people who should have insurance and have legal recourse and live in a place where they are recognised citizens. There are systems in place to treat them as humans with meaningful lives.  That would be the bar for them. That's not to say you can't look at how you could do things better in relation to making sure things don't happen like that but I don't think the circumstances are really comparable. 

Anyway, I probably rambled a bit. Let me know if I got nonsensical at any point.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

You could ask yourself if you think the situation you are in is warranted for a start. Are you being treated like a human being within the realms of the situation at hand? Of course you have to weigh up pros and cons. Do you feel safer than you did in the situation you were fleeing? Maybe you have better access to food now but you've lost family along the way.  Just saying you're not in the worst possible situation isn't really a measure of humanity. Even saying it could be worse has it's limits as it could pretty much always be worse in some way., so can't be used as a yard stick on it's own.

People are dying on the way to make this journey. Lots of them. There has to be a good reason to risk it all for such a trek. I agree with trying to do things to fix the country's they are in but a straight out "remove dictator x"  just leaves a power vacuum and has rarely worked out well. Just throwing money at the country also doesn't work as the people at the top usually take most of that. Money with provisos and consequences is probably the best bet. Look at how it has worked for the Catholic church around the world. Not necessarily good for the people but the church got certain levels of compliance out of people.

The thing is, you're comparing desperate people asking for help and being locked away to people who were hunted down because they were a particular race/religion and being locked away under worse circumstances. Have we learned nothing as people? Probably not enough. 

As for the bit about a building block... well they are all people who should have insurance and have legal recourse and live in a place where they are recognised citizens. There are systems in place to treat them as humans with meaningful lives.  That would be the bar for them. That's not to say you can't look at how you could do things better in relation to making sure things don't happen like that but I don't think the circumstances are really comparable. 

Anyway, I probably rambled a bit. Let me know if I got nonsensical at any point.

Well, unlike some here, I won't insult you for displaying a differing opinion. 

Thanks. I'm out for the day at least, need to do my job.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chrisg said:

....You seem to be asking a lot of questions of late Nich, care to attempt a few answers ?

Answering questions straight up is not a good way to facilitate conversation and discussion.

3 hours ago, eveln said:

Like I said earlier go look at some real life doccos. Why do you feel the need for me to treat  you like you are ignorant ?

I'm not really interested in no true scotsmaning this.

3 hours ago, eveln said:

Says the guy who thinks AOC is credible.

edit: sometimes you can be a tiresome old turd ... but I usually refrain from saying so cos well, it's not polite.

😂

This Trump Iran thing is going well ...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-26/donald-trump-threatens-obliteration-of-parts-of-iran/11246938

US President Donald Trump threatened to obliterate parts of Iran if it attacked "anything American", in a new war of words with Tehran after it condemned the latest US sanctions and called White House actions "mentally retarded".

Heh,

Yes, imposing sanctions on the leader of Iran that would mean he'd be unable to access funds were he to travel to America, a somewhat unlikely occurrence, must have bemused even the demented Mullahs somewhat.

Nonetheless for whatever reason it seems Trump is spoiling for a fight, which is a concern because he'll then very probably turn around and seek international support by forming  a coalition, one we very much would not want to be a part of but ScoMo would probably have us tag along to.

I don't like the current situation in Iran at all but they are not imposing their will upon anyone else at the moment my inclination is to just leave them alone and let them sort themselves out.

Truth be told the closer the U.S. pals up to Saudi the more sickened I get, they seem hell-bent upon executing all and sundry for dubious crimes and cutting up journalists but that doesn't lead to the U'S imposing any sanctions on them.

Peculiar response Nich, what is discussion if it is not question AND answer, possibly followed by rebuttal ?

It seems to me you do nothing much but sit on a hopefully not too uncomfortable fence.

Cheers

5 hours ago, @~thehung said:

i dont think this guy is helping with alarmist hyperbole tacked onto his closing comments.

I didn't see that as alarmist (ie: this is going to happen) - I saw it as a warning (ie: if this keeps going in this direction...).  And many of us (me included) got called alarmist when we projected exactly this sort of thing as far back as the beginning of 2017  and the very obvious "Papeire, bitte" attitude already creeping in.

The tragedies just continue to pile up:

https://www.news.com.au/world/north-america/horrifying-photo-of-drowned-father-and-daughter-that-highlights-migrants-deadly-journey/news-story/fd83dd3030c620dfbf310740587a9c64

and then if they survive to get to the US they end up in....CONCENTRATION CAMPS where they will likely be separated from their parents, poorly fed, denied basic rights and purposely ignored.

It is utterly despicable and yeah Ev, at least in this regard I am fucking certain AOC is credible, you moron.

Cheers

4 hours ago, chrisg said:

Peculiar response Nich, what is discussion if it is not question AND answer, possibly followed by rebuttal ?

It seems to me you do nothing much but sit on a hopefully not too uncomfortable fence.

Sometimes I like to just ask questions and find out more info before I dump a wall of text full of blind assumptions.

Then again I'm not the one calling eveln an idiot, so I guess I have some faith that some carefully worded questions will work better than talking down to her.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ooo! *giggles idioticly *

Yeah, good luck with that Nich ... 😛

Least I don't profess to know everyone and everything ... But I do got opinions !!

.../ back to work for me.

Edited by eveln
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Nich... said:

Sometimes I like to just ask questions and find out more info before I dump a wall of text full of blind assumptions.

Then again I'm not the one calling eveln an idiot, so I guess I have some faith that some carefully worded questions will work better than talking down to her.

I don't thing there's better way to get someone to more strongly hold an opinion than attack them personally over it. 

Questions let you understand better what someone is say, true. But they also give the other person something to reflect on and sometimes help both you and them understand their position better and make adjustments... I say with a statement... 

• Like 1

Heh,

I have a reasonable understanding of most everything and mostly no I would not dream of talking down to Ev but her, and Walt's, blind belief in Trump just gets my goat - he's a moron - sue me.

Cheers

criticism and insults from a bloke who thinks AOC is credible ... mmm I'll sleep just fine thanks .

cyas

6 hours ago, Cybes said:
12 hours ago, @~thehung said:

i dont think this guy is helping with alarmist hyperbole tacked onto his closing comments.

I didn't see that as alarmist (ie: this is going to happen) - I saw it as a warning (ie: if this keeps going in this direction...).  And many of us (me included) got called alarmist when we projected exactly this sort of thing as far back as the beginning of 2017  and the very obvious "Papeire, bitte" attitude already creeping in.

Every time police stop you in your car they ask for your Licence ...

Seriously the whole world knows what's going on  today. As if box cars are gonna happen in the dark of night with no one knowing. Really  truly Cybes that is seriously tinfoil hat stuff.

6 hours ago, eveln said:

Seriously the whole world knows what's going on  today. As if box cars are gonna happen in the dark of night with no one knowing. Really  truly Cybes that is seriously tinfoil hat stuff.

The cops ask you for your *driving* license - seems kinds relevant when they pulled you over for a vehicular transgression.  The incident I cited, if you bother to look at it, was pulling in an aging white Australian woman, with all the relevant paperwork in order and nothing suspicious in her luggage or about her demeanor, and interrogating her for an extended period.  If you think those two events are the same thing, then you're in need of stronger medicine.

On the other point...  The man's never met a dictator he didn't like, and has pissed all over the constitution.  That's FACT - not allegation.  The laundry list of criminal charges currently under investigation alone would see any other candidate not only dismissed from office, but finished politically, regardless if any of them held up to scrutiny.  Plus, let's not forget that the nature of creeping fascism is that it *creeps* - it doesn't happen overnight.  IF 'boxcars' happen, it will be in the full light of day with the full support Trump's base - and that base will be so enthralled that they won't even be able to acknowledge to themselves that it's over the line.  Kinda like the kids in cages thing already.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Cybes said:
11 hours ago, eveln said:

The cops ask you for your *driving* license - seems kinds relevant when they pulled you over for a vehicular transgression.  The incident I cited, if you bother to look at it, was pulling in an aging white Australian woman, with all the relevant paperwork in order and nothing suspicious in her luggage or about her demeanor, and interrogating her for an extended period.  If you think those two events are the same thing, then you're in need of stronger medicine.

On the other point...  The man's never met a dictator he didn't like,

Police, can ask you for Licence ID on the street too I think. If you get pulled over during breathe testing they can ask just on a suspicion. Not saying it's right mind, just that's been going on for some time. Actually these days they can just enter your rego into their system whilst driving along and can find out who you should be without you even knowing 😉

I did look at it to refresh my memory of the event I recalled. She said initially there was confusion over the type of Visa she had, all due to the reason for her being there which was a trip paid for by someone other than her. Her expenses were paid for by someone else . I thought she said Customs thought she was there for work without that appropriate Visa. Her interrogation lasted about fifteen minutes, but she sat in the 'waiting room for over an hour I believe. I watched my eighty year old mum be pat down by security at the airport in Cairns. That wasn't pleasant to see either.

He didn't create the Dictators. Treating them with anger and suspicion, and war has worked so well in the past hasn't it ?

Edited by eveln
for clarity

20 hours ago, Cybes said:

I didn't see that as alarmist (ie: this is going to happen) - I saw it as a warning (ie: if this keeps going in this direction...). 

i saw it as a warning too.  the question is, who was the message for, and who does it serve best?  was the aim merely to preach to the converted, or actually dent the cynicism of those who expect the detainees to be thankful they have it so good, and who are prone to tune out the moment they are handed any excuse to doubt the objectivity of the speaker?

• Like 1

Scomo just invited his best buddy friend Trump to visit us. Get ready ...

🙂

So we can watch him cheat at golf in Melbourne ?

🙂

Cheers

1 hour ago, Jeruselem said:

Scomo just invited his best buddy friend Trump to visit us. Get ready ...

Oh my word. Well anything is a step up from the sleaze ball that is Clinton ...would be a fun visit ,lol.

There'd have to be a hefty penalty  for egg throwing, me thinks

🙂

If he does come, and he did not commit, I'd think his security detail would keep any egg throwers far back.

No one really cares what Clinton does any more, she's year before last's news.

Cheers

Well, it was the sleaze ball ex president Clinton I was referring to... I never cared for Hitlery

2 hours ago, chrisg said:

🙂

So we can watch him cheat at golf in Melbourne ?

🙂

Cheers

As long as Trump stays away from Darwin. He can go to Canberra and cause chaos there.