Sign in to follow this  
Kimmo

What a joke

2 hours ago, chrisg said:

In the end he is pathetic but it is not acceptable to have pathetic people in charge.

70 years of smart people have left the world's foreign policies and relations in a pathetic state. Wars keep being re-fought because no-one lets them finish.

Before the Wars, if someone had invaded Greece, Greece would be well within rights to put together a coalition and take their shit back.

Now, the Imperator of Istanbul stands on the ashes of Constantinople, looks to Europe over his dominion of North Cyprus, and lectures to his people, in the European 5th column. And when told to shut it, he eradicates a Kurdish town or two, and no-one bats a fucken eyelid.

This is broken. This is not what the rules were supposed to do.

I'm seriously starting to doubt your current state of sanity Leo.

I don't much like what Erdogan has been doing and/or saying about Greece, or the Kurds but just what the fuck that has to do with or should have anything to do with Trump is completely beyond me.

The Greeks and the Turks have been at each other's throats for centuries, there is nothing new there, leave them alone let them kill each other all over a rather pretty but in the end irrelevant island if that is their wish. That situation has been a case of utter stupidity as long as I've been alive, which is a deal longer than you. Memory says it first became an issue, in modern times, around about 1956, I was 4...

That has nothing to do with today's world and I'm pure and simply bemused that you are introducing it to this discussion.

However if you wish I will point out that a series of, if you like interrupted wars secured Israel, at great expense, as a nation state that no Arab country wants to touch with a barge pole. The mad fucker Mulahs, if they ever get a nuke to work without frying themselves might try, at which point their country will indeed be a greasy stain on the right hand corner of the M.E.

Personally I think there would be a massive uprising in Iran if they ever even came close to making a  reality of their endless threats towards Israel that the Israelis correctly treat with contempt.

But, if I follow your increasingly illogical rantings you think that because sane people have not been able to keep the world under control, which is incorrect but it does need constant watching over, a bit like a fondue, we should let the lunatic called Trump have his turn and see if insanity can bring peace ?

Well, saner heads need to rapidly prevail one way or another and very rapidly because that is an attempt at a solution that only a lunatic would find sensible.

It is bad enough what damage Trump is doing to America internally, but he is increasingly scaring me on the world scene by buddying up to the likes of utterly certifiable but very cunning individuals like Putin and Kim who are playing him in a manner that is eerily similar to how Hitler manipulated Chamberlain.

There needs to be a very, very sane head at the helm of America and Trump does not even vaguely qualify if we are going to get out of this mess.

A mess by the way that was not created by unfinished wars, it was created by the last global war and its unconditional surrender conditions overlooking both historical and emergent situations that had either been festering or have since.

However it is somewhat difficult to blame the orchestrators of those at the time monumental outcomes that rebirthed Germany and Japan,  at the expense of the British Empire, which was in decline anyway and let the nuclear genie out of the bottle and fed the flames of the military industrial complex of America whilst initiating an ideological war between now Russia and the U.S. that was almost extinguished but has been rekindled by another lunatic called Putin.

Oddly to a degree I'm not particularly worried about Russia.  Putin is sending it into cyclical bankruptcy anyway the old saying of Russian workers that they pretend to pay us so we pretend to work is coming true again.

If you doubt that have a look at the Pak 50, perfectly ok 5th gen warplane that needs refinement that Russia cannot afford and therefore production is totally stalled.

There are many other examples of how he has profligately wasted the resources of his country, another collapse is coming.

America is somewhat more resilient, it can survive 4 years of Trump insanity, 8 years I am not so sure.

Cheers

Nah Leo's right.  Rules aren't working.  Better burn Capitalism and Israel to the ground along with everyone else and try again.  Eventually the monkeys will work it out.

If you believe a sterile globe with everyone and everything you ever care about is dust sure.

Personally I think he's fucked in the head and you are jostling with him to be at the head of the queue for annihilation.

I'd prefer not to be nihilistic.

Cheers

I'm seriously starting to doubt your current state of sanity Leo.

I still call men "he" and women "she". Sane enough for that...

3 hours ago, chrisg said:

The Greeks and the Turks have been at each other's throats for centuries, there is nothing new there, leave them alone let them kill each other all over a rather pretty but in the end irrelevant island if that is their wish. That situation has been a case of utter stupidity as long as I've been alive, which is a deal longer than you. Memory says it first became an issue, in modern times, around about 1956

So what you're saying is that a 70yr issue where a whole bunch of smart people have been doing exactly the same thing year in, year out, nothing has changed?

Baboons away!

However if you wish I will point out that a series of, if you like interrupted wars secured Israel, at great expense, as a nation state that no Arab country wants to touch with a barge pole

But the war never ended. It's still the same war. 

We fought until the Germans unconditionally surrendered. The Sri Lankans fought the LTTE to eradication because the LTTE refused to surrender.

How many more wars must we repeat over the same shit, without letting them finish.

Next time there's a Paki/Indo war, lets throw our lot in with the Indians. And don't stop them until there either isn't a Pakistan or the shithole has been exorcised and decontaminated.

Look we can keep going and going. Until you straight up admit that the post-war "international rules based order" is full of shit and golden boys like Obama who may have been smart, all just kept fucking it up because the rules work only when everyone plays by them.

So, I'm done. I'm watching the world burn because there's nothing that can be done to repair it. I'm letting the monkey into the library.

At which point I have to conclude your sanity is for now lost.

If I can help. let me know.

Cheers

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, chrisg said:

At which point I have to conclude your sanity is for now lost.

If I can help. let me know.

Cheers

It’s insanity to keep doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Its sane to try something new.

Trump is trying something new, even though the man is a shallow dick.

Ergo, in the words of the immortal Bill O’Reilly, “fuck it, we’ll do it live”.

Edited by Leonid

....*Sigh*...

Pretty certain I can rest my case... get well soon...

Cheers

chrisg has the audacity to determine someone's sanity !

🤯<< that be shocked face with exploding head 

• Haha 1

🙂

No Ev, question  it - a subtlety possibly beyond your comprehension 🙂

Cheers

26 minutes ago, chrisg said:

....*Sigh*...

Pretty certain I can rest my case... get well soon...

Cheers

I’m perfectly fine Chris.

I’m just really really enjoying watching a few muppets getting talked to in ways they don’t like and career diplomats without a single success under their belt being told to fuck off.

It’s like watching rat poison work.

I would hope so mate but the insane never do understand their condition.

Try reading back a few of your posts and see if they have even a tinge of sanity.

I repeat, always here to chat.

Cheers

Here's a thought for you chrisg ... if you can't counter an argument without a personal inference of the poster then don't post.

...You really do not get it do you ?

Your slavish devotion to Trump is to me just another indication of how fundamentally stupid you are.

Ah well, you can contribute to less controversial threads I suppose...

Seriously ev.. he is a misogynistic philandering  lying useless and very dangerous because of his current position piece of crap but you think he is just so wonderful...

How the hell can I treat you seriously ?

Cheers

Try reading back a few of your posts and see if they have even a tinge of sanity.

Try reading some of yours 🙂

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

Seriously ev.. he is a misogynistic philandering  lying useless and very dangerous because of his current position piece of crap but you think he is just so wonderful...

I don’t think you understand why people who supported Obama, supported Trump.

I keep telling you... it does not matter that Trump is everything you hate.

The fact of the matter is bland smart politicians have fucked things up, so the Americans turned to a showman monkey to spit in these failures’ and their supporters’ faces.

chrisg is from an era that believes that if a bod doesn't display their ' sins ' on their sleeve the ' sins 'might not exist for anyone else to see, therefore making that bod a better person.

Oh I see, so America in your view selected Trump because he's a fuckwit ?

I really do not think so. I think as a nation they became so disenchanted with politicians in general that a great many of them simply did not turn up on the day which allowed Trump to win by default.

I can understand  their not voting for Clinton, it bemuses me that the Democrats even endorsed her, but I have a suspicion that even Trump himself never expected to win.

He is completely unsuited to the role, dangerously so.

I sincerely hope America does not make the same mistake again.

Cheers

Trump is throwing around tariffs again, Vietnam and the EU. Australia almost copped some on our aluminum.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, which demonstrates yet again that he really does not understand tariffs at all.

Granted he backed off in the end from applying a tariff on aluminium but the more telling question would have to be what the hell he would have been protecting ? The U.S does not have much at all in the way of aluminium deposits, the largest deposits in the world are in Jamaica which last time I looked was not a U.S. state although he might have been confused about that in the same way he was about Puerto Rico.

In broad terms I don't really have much faith in tariffs in any event, an argument could be made that they assisted in dooming Australia'a automotive industry.

Cheers

Edited by chrisg

I'll just call him King Tariff now. I forgot he's called India "Tariff King" when the USA is the real one.

Some, yes.

He is completely unsuited to the role, dangerously so.

Which is why he's the perfect "fuck you".

I sincerely hope America does not make the same mistake again.

The Democrats are doing their best to make sure they do.

Leo's had this view for a while now.  But you're just noticing and he's the one with mental health problems?

I really do not think so. I think as a nation they became so disenchanted with politicians in general that a great many of them simply did not turn up on the day which allowed Trump to win by default.

cf every  other year where the supermajority of people turned out to vote, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hmm,

Leo's views have in fact become more extreme just of late Nich, so has his rationale for why Trump is good for America.

America never gets a super majority of people turning out, they are not compelled to and an awful lot of them do not follow politics at all.

I'm guessing but I would suggest that in 2016 a lot of people who would normally have voted democrat could not bring themselves to vote for Clinton, were certainly not going to vote for Trump so they didn't vote at all. That factor plus a somewhat larger than usual redneck turnout that DID vote for Trump put him into office.

Unfortunately at the moment the Democrats do seem rather confused Leo but they have only just begun their round of debates to select their challenger,  hopefully they will then focus on winning.

Interestingly whilst AOC was careful not to say anything particularly in favor or against any of the candidates in the first debate she was not exactly very warm on Biden.

To be honest neither am I, he's yesterday's man but at the moment it is a very confusing field.

However just the fact that so many are contending would suggest they intend to defeat Trump come what may - still, they really do need to sort themselves out.

Pragmatically it would possibly be  dangerous for them to risk running another woman, but I rather hope they do, either Warren or Harris would wipe the floor with Trump - seriously.

I honestly cannot see them running a gay guy, much as I do not care about a person's sexuality a lot, probably too much, of America does.

I had hopes for O'Rourke but he has faded of late, I tend to think he needs to build cred before making a full-on run a couple of elections out. But it was impressive how he damned near beat Cruz.

Most of the rest you can forget about, they are fading fast.

Cheers

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, chrisg said:

Leo's views have in fact become more extreme just of late Nich, so has his rationale for why Trump is good for America.

Have you considered the Doppler Effect and that it's maybe you who has moved further?

Edited by Leonid

Posted (edited)

So then even if they were as you describe "red neck", a lot more people did come out to vote cos someone who wasn't the usual slimey pollie stood and said he would actually do something about the issues facing the average American. 

Edit: ...and that's actually the major craw that Sticks in all their gullets ( blue or red ), that the current POTUS is not a politician as such .

As for Leonid, I think his views are the same .What has changed,imo, is his level of tolerance wrt posting here. I believe you are finding it a tad difficult to goad him chrisg 😛 ... Must be starting to frustrate the fuck out of you 

Edited by eveln