Sign in to follow this  
Kimmo

What a joke

🙂

Curtis Le May is dead, probably just as well or he'd be advocating bombing Putin by now .

You seem to want an established name - there isn't one, stupid to even be asking, one has to emerge, I'm backing Harris.

However I think Putin's time is nearly done, Moscow has a way of clawing tyrants down when they begin to falter.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

🙂

Leo is in lunatic city, could ask him why they put up with him, but, who else do they have.... ?

Cheers

Edited by chrisg

\derail

I like coming into this thread and seeing the beat the dead horse pic ... musta been one of the first memes for me on this forum ... sweet memories

/end derail

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, eveln said:

\derail

I like coming into this thread and seeing the beat the dead horse pic ... musta been one of the first memes for me on this forum ... sweet memories

/end derail

You're welcome 🙂 

6 hours ago, chrisg said:

You seem to want an established name - there isn't one, stupid to even be asking, one has to emerge, I'm backing Harris.

And I’m telling you - the only person she might scare into some sort of compliance - is you.

6 hours ago, chrisg said:

However I think Putin's time is nearly done, Moscow has a way of clawing tyrants down when they begin to falter.

That was in Communist times and only when the leader didn’t have full control of the apparatus.

Putin has more control of United Russia than Stalin did of the CPSA. 

Yes, sadly that is true, in the end most Russians tend to be sheep.

The question does remain though,  who will replace him. ?

By the way, Harris does not scare me, no idea where you derived that delusion from, I think she has promise - we'll see.

Cheers

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 5:24 PM, chrisg said:

By the way, Harris does not scare me, no idea where you derived that delusion from, I think she has promise - we'll see.

I like her too. But a black woman who cries about something that happened 30 years ago and has zero foreign policy experience so she’ll have to lean on the usual morass of careerists, isn’t going to scare Putin.

Quit living in fantasy land. No one we like is going to beat Putin.

I’ll add a few more things: Russia is dirt poor. Nothing here works without America or China.

Believe me when I say they’re paying attention here when trump wields the American economy like a battering ram. He doesn’t even have to be right - if he wants something he turns the entire American economy against his target, making even China blink. Who else do you know who does that? Putin?

Could anyone in the pitiful Democratic field do that? They haven’t even got the balls to tell illegal immigrants to fuck off! Everyone up on that stage was like “fuck the rich, they don’t pay enough tax to help working Americans. We’re going to take their money, open our borders and give every illegal free college, free housing, free healthcare and free blowjobs.”

”oh ok, and what do Americans get for more taxes and more illegals?”

”Americans?”

Which of these people is going to scare Putin?

Edited by Leonid

It depends what you wield, I do not like the thought of the U.S, waving the big hammer, too easy to have it spin out of control.

Putin though is an awful lot of bluff - he can't back it up because you are right, the country is again fucked.

Cheers

14 hours ago, chrisg said:

It depends what you wield, I do not like the thought of the U.S, waving the big hammer, too easy to have it spin out of control.

I’m in Australia because of the big hammer. Communism in Russia was thoroughly defeated. Sure it took proxy wars. But America’s economic might and cultural dominance killed off any pretence that’s communism was superior.

America, at her best, with someone at the helm who believes America is somewhat above the law with justice on her side and does so for good (sort of like the rare case of a benign dictatorship) can be an immensely powerful entity.

Trump is not that person. But he does what he does because he believes that America needs to get the better edge in a deal. And he has made China blink. Now Iran has blinked. The Korean Peninsula isn’t fixed but it’s the least tense it has been in decades. The Arab world is reaching out to Israel. You don’t think Putin takes notice?

It's a dangerous game, one Trump does not have the competence to play.

You think Iran blinked ? I think not when they took two British tankers, Korea is sort of irrelevant really but I don't think China has blinked either, very active in the South China Sea and getting closer to Australia.

It's a messy world with far too many nukes loose in it.

Cheers

48 minutes ago, chrisg said:

It's a dangerous game, one Trump does not have the competence to play.

The people you say are competent have been on a rolling series of fuck-ups for 70 years.

Excuse me if I disbelieve you.

50 minutes ago, chrisg said:

You think Iran blinked ?

Yep. Zarif offered unlimited access to all nuclear sites forever, in exchange for sanctions relief. Ahmadinejad - that Ahmadinejad, is fighting the Council to start unconditional talks with the Americans.

51 minutes ago, chrisg said:

Korea is sort of irrelevant really

In what world is a nuclear-armed impoverished communist state with a wish to re-prosecute the 1950s war, irrelevant?

52 minutes ago, chrisg said:

China has blinked either, very active in the South China Sea and getting closer to Australia.

That’s because he’s not focusing on the South China Sea. China blinked on North Korea and direct American-China trade imbalances owing to Chinese flouting of the rules.

Yeah,

Competence is a very relative thing, Trump defines incompetence and if you have not noticed he is becoming more incoherent by the day.

The trouble with Iran is that I'm pretty certain no one is actually completely in control, tends to be the nature of theocracies.

Korea is only relevant because Seoul is a bit close to the border, otherwise if they even looked like going nuclear they'd be obliterated in the blink of an eye.

That may mean a carrier group and do it the hard way although Pyongyang is far enough removed - sort of depends where fat boy might go hide.

I really can't get THAT concerned about China-capitalism is consuming them from the inside out and their investments in Australia are now so large they can't afford to upset us much. Australia has long been an anomaly, in many ways we don't really belong here - accident of history.

You can be dismissive of the series of persons who have kept it together but the reality is that it has not gone up in flames, it could have, very, very easily.

Cheers

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, chrisg said:

Competence is a very relative thing

And maybe the people we’ve called competent for the last 70 years are just so excellent at incompetence and lying that they’ve hoodwinked us into believing it’s their way or the highway?

Korea is only relevant because Seoul is a bit close to the border, otherwise if they even looked like going nuclear they'd be obliterated in the blink of an eye.

Or the fact that DPRK shares a border with China and Russia and an all out war would drag those in plus potentially give China cover to take on Taiwan and Japan? And Russia could finally take a few of those stans they’ve wanted for a while?

You can be dismissive of the series of persons who have kept it together but the reality is that it has not gone up in flames, it could have, very, very easily.

You know how to keep bushfires at bay? Back-burning.

You want a world without wars? You need to drop a few strategic bombs occasionally. Maybe a small war or two. Force the assholes into unconditional surrender or complete extermination - a la LTTE.

Trump defines incompetence and if you have not noticed he is becoming more incoherent by the day.

Coming back to this: if Trump is so incompetent, why is the shit he’s doing working better than anyone has done for 70 fucken years?

Lets not forget another Trump accomplishment. Threatened tariffs on Mexico. Got a meeting with their president. Mexico is now patrolling their southern border to prevent infiltration by illegals.

Edited by Leonid

3 hours ago, chrisg said:

Competence is a very relative thing,

WTF ?

Seriously. So that makes you competently relative not relatively competent ? rightio. I can get behind that !

🙂

Competence is extremely relative Ev, I'm very, very competent at network analysis, but I don't do it every day,, those who do would undoubtedly be better as in quicker to see a problem.

The DPRK only just shares a border with Russia Leo, an almost entirely unoccupied one, very few  people want to live outside Vladivostok, actually I'm not sure why people want to live there at all. The border with China is much longer but similarly barren..

I don't think you know the first thing about war pal, I do, been to too many, far too many.

That is not really a Trump accomplishment, the number of illegals was already in dramatic decline, he just claims it as being yet another of his spurious successes. Mexico was already patrolling the border, a bit of show, nothing more.

One day he might actually understand why tariffs are NOT a good thing but I'm not holding my breath. A lot of U.S. IT manufacturing actually goes on south of the border, for immediate import for resale into the U.S. That's a win/win, skills up the labor force and makes kit cheaper. It was becoming near impossible to find labor in southern California, Mexico was a natural resource. Remember, California does not have much of an unemployment problem, the figures have been skewed for decades by people who choose to go live there and the sometimes erratic employment of people in aerospace. Very complex situation.

Trump is a blowhard, an increasingly irrelevant incoherent one. Add that to his persistent near continuous lying and what you have is the worst example of non-presidential behavior in possibly forever, certainly in my lifetime.

Cheers

Posted (edited)

*checks time*

Yep, it’s fake news Sunday!

2 hours ago, chrisg said:

The DPRK only just shares a border with Russia Leo, an almost entirely unoccupied one

Except off course for the forestry workers, the tourism, the trade and the diplomatic shit-show if North Koreans fled towards Russia in any war.

I don't think you know the first thing about war pal, I do, been to too many, far too many.

Apparently you’ve also been a President of the United States because you know Trump is incompetent and Harris scares Putin.

That is not really a Trump accomplishment, the number of illegals was already in dramatic decline

False.

Mexico was already patrolling the border, a bit of show, nothing more.

Also, false. Mexico just created a national guard and sent 6k of them to the Guatemala-Mexico border. That’s larger than the police force of any of Mexico’s states.

One day he might actually understand why tariffs are NOT a good thing but I'm not holding my breath

They’re fucking good for manufacturing workers whose wages have been pushed up by unions and thus made manufacturing in the States uneconomical.

There’s two sides to every single story.

Remember, California does not have much of an unemployment problem

False. Their unemployment problem is 4.3% which is 0.5% higher than the US average. 25% of their 6m students can’t read ad a basic level - functionally illiterate. Only 25% of black Californian students meet reading standards. LA is second in the nation for homelessness. 

The way they calculate job figures is exactly the same way we do. ILO standard.

The better figure to calculate is underemployment. That’s 13.1%, second highest in the nation - behind Alaska which is 0.1% higher.

Trust me, I know this - I follow Pastor Dumisami Washington on the Book of Face. 

Trump is a blowhard, an increasingly irrelevant incoherent one. Add that to his persistent near continuous lying and what you have is the worst example of non-presidential behavior in possibly forever, certainly in my lifetime.

Fantastic. That means something will finally fucking change and get done to break the impasses of this world.

Good Presidential Behaviour == something Putin knows how to play to his heart’s content. It’s the equivalent of handing a rabbit with three broken legs to a fox. He knows this game and it ain’t even a challenge.

Edited by Leonid

Hmm.

Not really, all a matter of opinion but frankly I'm too tired to argue it any further just now.

One thing I will say, Vladivostok is a closed city, the Russians do not encourage much activity around the area, certainly not tourism and most forestry is further north.

Regardless other than patrolling the border the Russians don't do much close to their small border with North Korea at all.

Cheers

43 minutes ago, chrisg said:

One thing I will say, Vladivostok is a closed city

With it’s 2.6m annual passengers, 70% international through its international airport, its 3 accessible Advanced Special Economic Zones and the recently approved electronic visa entry (making it as easy to enter Vladivostok as it is Moscow), it’s hard to disagree with you*

* if this was 1991. But since it’s not, I call horseshit: Vladivostok was opened for tourism in 1992. Its one of the most multi-ethnic cities in Russia with buttloads of foreign owned and run businesses in the automotive, fisheries, construction and tourism sectors.

Indeed, but old habits still die hard.

It is a very different place to what it was in the Soviet era but strategically it remains a very important and hence somewhat schizophrenic place.

It's sort of beside the point though the point is more that occupancy dwindles away as you get closer to the border.

I guess that is understandable, even most Russians think the North Koreans are crazy.

I have no idea if Harris scares Putin or not, probably not after all she's not even confirmed as the challenger as yet and may not be.

Trump though...hardly a day goes by when he doesn't make himself look more and more stupid. His latest debacle with Nadia Murad was just plain embarrassing.

Cheers

On 7/21/2019 at 12:31 AM, chrisg said:

Trump though...hardly a day goes by when he doesn't make himself look more and more stupid.

And yet the cosmic joke is he’s made more movement in foreign policy stalemates than the last 5 Presidents. Combined.

All these intelligent, capable and ... what’s the word?... competent? presidents and not a one solid improvement in world issues among them - where we define that to mean a closing to at least one thorny issue.

I keep coming back to the fight against the LTTE. THAT is how you end foreign policy problems.

Has he though ?

Russia continues its march back into old Soviet States, North Korea has not improved in any material manner, there's a war brewing in the Straits of Hormuz, Russia is making moves in Venezuela and has a bloody great big warship swanning around in the Caribbean, Cuba remains difficult although some inevitable progress has been made - list goes on.

He's extraordinarily naive not to say reckless in foreign affairs. Seems to me that lack of understanding is coming home to roost.

Cheers

9 hours ago, chrisg said:

Has he though ?

Absolutely. America is no longer paying for murder of its own citizens through funding of UNRWA. China is negotiating in America’s favour. USMCA, once it passes, is heavily skewed to “balance” rather than in Mexico’s favour.

I’ve already mentioned the detente on the Korean Peninsula. The Arabs and Israelis are openly meeting. China’s renegotiating terms of trade. Putin hasn’t invaded any new territories. Erdogan is on his way out of NATO. The Europeans are beginning to contribute to NATO as they agreed to. They’re even starting to integrate their militaries instead of operating them separately. Mexico has deployed border guards. Cuba is re-sanctioned.

I know I’m missing one or two, but I’ll remember them presently.

Heh.

There is no detente on the Korean Peninsula, China is basically ignoring the idiot, Arab Israeli agreement has been in progress a lot, lot longer than Trump has had any influence whatsoever. I'm not at all sure why you think Turkey leaving NATO is a good thing, they're buying S-400s definitely is not, in the end it could become Russian occupation by stealth. The only NATO Nation that has agreed it should be paying more is Germany but that is complex given how much input to their economy U.S. bases are a factor.

Regardless on the world scene it has been pretty much business as usual apart from the escalation in the Gulf and the collapse of Venezuela. Trump has contributed to the first by tearing up the nuclear deal and is trying to ignore the latter.

Face it Leo, he does not have clue-one when it comes to anything international but he will lay claim to anything that happens to look good and ignore anything that is not running in his favor.

Meanwhile he becomes increasingly incoherent and lies or makes up anything and everything to attempt to improve his perceived pathetic self-image.

He's an out and utter menace, end of story.

Cheers

Posted (edited)