Jump to content
Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Kimmo

What a joke

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

@scruffy1 so what's our Gov. Excuse for the wait... I mean at least Jeruselem's link points to a reason, true or not.

Edited by eveln
Phone typing :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I'm pretty sure it's to do with implementation.

If you've ever had to deal with Social Security or the ATO, you'll get the picture.

We don't issue checks (ha!) here either.

You have to have a bank account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps you're right Logicpr0be, the payments, when they come for job keeper, are apparently backdated to March1st I think .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The doubling of the dole is making it party time for the Housos though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

 

I'm pretty sure it's to do with implementation.

If you've ever had to deal with Social Security or the ATO, you'll get the picture.

We don't issue checks (ha!) here either.

You have to have a bank account.

 

Merica loves it's cheques for some reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, LogicprObe said:

 

The doubling of the dole is making it party time for the Housos though.

perhaps.

 

I did about half my usual hours this past week with as yet no pay for it. ( It's an arrangement I've agreed to ) Jobkeeper is being lodged  and I will be reimbursed , hopefully.

 

Bet our pollies aren't taking a pay cut  .

 

Although I saw a header about Jacinda Arden taking one ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire NZ political spectrum has taken a 20% pay cut for 6 months. Our politicians have frozen their inflated wages...

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chrisg said:

The entire NZ political spectrum has taken a 20% pay cut for 6 months. Our politicians have frozen their inflated wages...

 

Cheers

 

When Kevin Rudd froze the pollies' pay during the GFC.............as soon as it was over they got their pay rises....................plus back pay!

 

Pay big bucks...........get monkeys!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LogicprObe said:

 

When Kevin Rudd froze the pollies' pay during the GFC.............as soon as it was over they got their pay rises....................plus back pay!

 

Pay big bucks...........get monkeys!

 

I do recall, hopefully that will not be the case here, or in NZ.

 

NZ politics tbh does seem more open and honest when viewed from this distance.

 

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hehehe Helps if you know the Faces ....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2020 at 12:15 PM, eveln said:

Bet our pollies aren't taking a pay cut  .


Yeah but why should they? They’re actually working their asses off right now. Greg Hunt slept in his office 4hrs a night since mid-Feb to May, working 7 days a week.

 

If you wanna penalise them, decrease their salaries when they’re not earning them. Right now they are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Leonid said:


Yeah but why should they? They’re actually working their asses off right now. Greg Hunt slept in his office 4hrs a night since mid-Feb to May, working 7 days a week.

 

If you wanna penalise them, decrease their salaries when they’re not earning them. Right now they are.

Trouble is when this is shitfest is over the pollies will want and feel entitled to recompense ... it's not kosher ! TBH, I am glad they are working hard now, they might finally be actually earning the inflated wages they already get.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not the wages that bother me so much, its the never ending gravey train once they have done a couple of terms in gov ,

the super needs to be looked at and trimmed a bit too.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eveln said:

Trouble is when this is shitfest is over the pollies will want and feel entitled to recompense ... it's not kosher !


Well duh.

It ain’t kosher until the rabbi sings.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Waltish said:

Its not the wages that bother me so much, its the never ending gravey train once they have done a couple of terms in gov ,

the super needs to be looked at and trimmed a bit too.

 

Exactly. No one else gets a pension and earn at the same time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fliptopia said:

 

Exactly. No one else gets a pension and earn at the same time.

 

Not to mention..........'PM for a day...........staff and office for life!'

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blexit sounds pretty good just now. Go Candice ! First African American female President 2028 !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×