Sign in to follow this  
SceptreCore

Navi Confirmed: 2019

Posted (edited)

First review is out! Not as much comprehensive benchmarks as GamersNexus or HardwareUnboxed but this dude has some nice insights and knowledge about this whole thing. 

And here's hardware canucks! 

And here's Digital Foundry! 

Edited by Mr.Twinkie
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

So don't rush out to buy a Navi if you have RTX20x0 nVidia ... kinda expected that.

Posted (edited)

Yeah I think everyone in the press unanimously agree with that crappy blower. 😞 

Although I feel like there are diverging thoughts about how successful Navi is overall from people at Hardware Unboxed thinking it's great to people at OC3D feeling like it's just slightly not good enough and should've been released a year ago. 

There are also opinions on both sides of the camp on whether the 5700XT or the 5700 is the best bang for your buck card. What do you guys think? 

I personally want the 5700 to be the better value champ because i know when AIB cards come out it's gonna be even more expensive than $550 AUD and just don't want to spend so much on an archictecture that's apparently more GCN/RDNA hybrid rather than a complete RDNA makeover. This would make me feel better at buying a 'mid-range' card now and waiting to upgrade for something greater down the line for the next true 7nm generation. My god i can't believe $550 is considered mid range nowadays. Back in the day, the ATI 5850 was a killer mid range card and that was like $400! 

I'm really glad I didn't buy a Vega 56 though. I almost did when i thought Navi was going to be DOA but looking at the reviews, it's definitely more efficient and consumes less power than Vega did. 

Edited by Mr.Twinkie

Both seem like good cards. Joker did a good review. 

Hardware Unboxed is my favourite review with really comprehensive analysis beyond the benchmarks. Go Australian Youtubers! 

Yes, just ignore the 1st minute of Timmy Joe videos ...

Posted (edited)

The product is fine, they just stuck the wrong cooler on it. But then the 5700 has a locked clock speed so you can't really OC it (I know it's to push people to buy the 5700XT)

Edited by Jeruselem

7 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

The product is fine, they just stuck the wrong cooler on it. But then the 5700 has a locked clock speed so you can't really OC it (I know it's to push people to buy the 5700XT)

The way I see it, the partner cards are always going to be better and AMD knows it. They'll sell their reference coolers to OEM's, and they are fine with that.

Posted (edited)

I'm still happy I purchased my Radeon VII it stacks up fairly well against these cards although there is the odd game where the new cards are faster vs a stock cooled VII.

To give you some idea how it is performing on water here is Metro ll with my Radeon VII vs gambles 2080

Although to be fair I ment to set the memory to 1200MHz not 1300MHz honestly I am surprised it didn't crash but that probably only added ~1FPS to otherwise stable clocks.

https://ibb.co/svdRLn6

metroll.jpg

Edited by Dasa

It's giving the 2080 a proper flogging.

Also... Radeon Image Sharpening tested. Is superior to DLSS

I love Coreteks! That dude makes some really insightful content. 

Can't wait to hear AdoredTV's thoughts about all of this. His Scottish accent talking about processors nourishes my soul. 

• Like 1

On 7/19/2019 at 8:21 PM, gamble said:

@SceptreCore I dont think that guy took a single breathe in that video lol.... I see another side upgrade if this thing release and I can break even

Yeah I used to think he was a text to speech program. 😄

On 7/19/2019 at 7:40 PM, Mr.Twinkie said:

I love Coreteks! That dude makes some really insightful content. 

Yeah he does great technology analysis.

I hope all the rumours about AMD having Navi that can scale up to 2080 Ti are true. Navi is theoretically capable of 80 CU's

Overclocking the 5700XT? Not really worth it ...

Aftermarket cooler and 5700XT? Don't bother ... waste of time

• Haha 1