Sign in to follow this  
SceptreCore

Navi Confirmed: 2019

1 hour ago, Mordenakhnen said:

Interesting, I have an Accelero Xtreme III on my 5700 XT and I have no problems with it.

The binning on those 5700XT means they are on edge of capacity, maybe you got higher binned one?

1 hour ago, Jeruselem said:

The binning on those 5700XT means they are on edge of capacity, maybe you got higher binned one?

Who knows, he has the anniversary edition, and I have the ordinary XT. If the fans don't ramp up properly the RAM temp will head into the high nineties and beyond.

I've noted that the Accelero fans hit max speed at a recorded fan % of about 40-42% and that with the GPU temp what it is the fan needs to be ramping up relatively quickly by the time the GPU temp gets to about 35-40°C in my current environment.

2 hours ago, Mordenakhnen said:

Interesting, I have an Accelero Xtreme III on my 5700 XT and I have no problems with it.

Don't be bashful.. send us some pics. What TIM did you use?

accelero-5700xt.thumb.jpg.90186ea467abec811cf6d6295eeda9b5.jpg

I've got Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut on the GPU, and some 0.5mm Arctic Thermal Cooling Pad sandwiched between small amounts of the supplied thermal adhesive on everything else. the 18cm case fans are running on low speed and make sod all difference to temps, if the card's fans aren't ramping then the RAM will roast.

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 2

Geez if the 5700XT has heat issues, dunno what the 5800 is gonna be like.

It's the VRAM temps that Timmy Joe has problems with, not the others. I've found with mine that the VRAM sits about 20°C above the GPU temp at idle, coolers specifically designed for these cards will undoubtedlt do a better job of cooling the VRAM and will probably have a higher max fan speed to boot.

• Like 1

So that's just verified what everyone was thinking ... I wonder why the 5800 was delayed? Thermal issues?

The new AIB sapphire 5700 and 5700 XT are $749 and $799 respectively on Mwave...

Is that some sort of sick joke when a MSI 5700 MECH OC is $629?

Looks like PowerColor released a good cooling card for the 5700xt, red devil series.  The cards still do great against nvidia for the most part if you find them at the right (correct) price.  

• Like 1