Can't remember your login details? Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SceptreCore

Navi Confirmed: 2019

Posted (edited)

Navi 2x (5900XT) on the way

Edited by Jeruselem

Yea and the price of 5700 is at times just a bit more than this with sales.  I wonder if aib partners will be this price too.  So maybe we have to wait until rdna2 or maybe they waiting for nvidia next ampere before releasing. 

Remember how AMD reckons they jebaited (whatever that means) nVidia by dropping the price straight after they launched the super cards?

Nvidia dropped the price of the 2060 to make the 5600XT redundant on launch.

AMD pushes out a vBIOS last minute to up the performance. 

• Like 1

Yeah if you're buying a Navi RX5600XT, get the one which overclocks! Which means don't buy now or you'll get one which doesn't

I had a quick look at pricing of the 5600, 5700, and 2060 cards, and..I'm pretty sure I saw a bunch of the 5600xt cost more, and weren't necessarily the OC cards o.0

22 hours ago, Nich... said:

I had a quick look at pricing of the 5600, 5700, and 2060 cards, and..I'm pretty sure I saw a bunch of the 5600xt cost more, and weren't necessarily the OC cards o.0

So it's just better to get 5700 ...

Well, if you have a RX5700 you could ...

Edited by Jeruselem

Update your AMD GPU drivers due to ahem ... security issues

https://www.techpowerup.com/263237/amd-quietly-patched-four-major-gpu-security-vulnerabilities-with-radeon-20-1-1-drivers

• The first vulnerability, CVE-2019-5146, is briefly described as "AMD ATI Radeon ATIDXX64.DLL MAD shader functionality denial-of-service vulnerability."
  • CVE-2019-5147 describes "AMD ATI Radeon ATIDXX64.DLL MOVC shader functionality denial-of-service vulnerability."
  • CVE-2019-5124 points to "AMD ATI Radeon ATIDXX64.DLL shader functionality constant buffer denial-of-service vulnerability."
  • CVE-2019-5183 talks about "AMD ATI Radeon ATIDXX64.DLL shader functionality VTABLE remote code execution vulnerability."
Edited by Jeruselem
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1

So don't buy any of current Navis especially the current RX5500XT and RX5600XT.

Edited by Jeruselem

8 hours ago, Jeruselem said:

So don't buy any of current Navis especially the current RX5500XT and RX5600XT.

No... those cards won't be refreshed for some time considering they haven't long been out. new high-end cards, then 5700, etc.

15 hours ago, SceptreCore said:

No... those cards won't be refreshed for some time considering they haven't long been out. new high-end cards, then 5700, etc.

Or just save up for the new ones at the end of year.

Looks like Radeon VII does really well in Resident evil 3 performing close to 2080 super despite only being at stock clocks so once overclocked it would smoke the 2080 super.

1080Ti also does fairly well in this game.

5700XT however is sitting between 2070 and 2070 super which is a fairly average result for it.

This seems to suggest the game is heavier on GPU aspects other than the shaders like memory bandwidth.

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 1