Sign in to follow this  
Kimmo

Where is your god now

6000.jpg?width=605&quality=45&auto=forma

We are so fucken screwed. Anybody catch the story about the vast scale of insect extinction the other day? And we thought it was just bees we had a serious problem with... 

Well, never mind that - there's no point even thinking about how to solve that problem, since we've let so many other problems build up, we're totally fucked beyond a shadow of a doubt. 

Time to find a nice hole to lie down in while we await the collapse of civilization... I for one am really going to miss toilet paper. I guess now is the time to get around to having my arse crack lasered

Assuming of course, I can manage to eat in future. 

• Like 1

🙂

Better watch that laser Kimmo, cosmetics not proctology 🙂

Cheers

It's hardly cosmetic, my arse crack isn't ever on display... 

The thing is, when it comes to grabbing poo, arse hair > leaves

I'm now sitting here with this weird mix in my head, of Trent Reznor screaming the chorus to Heresy in Chuck Shurley's face.
I think God probably facepalmed himself stupid eons ago, watching us flail about like chronic idiots. Either that, or he's just got himself some popcorn and watching the inevitable so he can start again. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, elvenwhore said:

watching the inevitable so he can start again. 

Did you just assume god’s gender?

26 minutes ago, Leonid said:

Did you just assume god’s gender?

Why not? Everything else is assumed. 

my god is on top of the lian li case on my desk - it's the network label for the qnap server, so named for its omniscience

and i guess because it has power all the time

I still get bugs on the windscreen and I have to carefully scrub my rego plate of the suckers too. We have spiders ( I'm sure our premises is like a spider freeway ) of all shapes and sizes. About the only thing I'm yet to suffer this summer is the hoard of flying ant thingies. They usually happen around full moon times during the summer.... and ants ffs we have 'em all the green ants lurve our Aussie shrubs to bits. The buggers build the biggest scariest looking nests in them. Black ants that do savoury smaller, brown ants that do sugar ... there's no end to those ! This year with the extended dry period we even had flies ... my god in a previous place in this same area, flies were almost as bad as out savanah territory way. I'm very mindful of our food waste so the only thing we're not over run with just now is cockroaches <<< how cool is that ?
Sure we get the odd one that flies in, but once they be in they never fucking leave alive. 🙂

Edited by eveln
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, eveln said:

the only thing we're not over run with just now is cockroaches <<< how cool is that ?

i have plenty here i can send you if you're missing them

would you prefer the tiny little ones that spontaneously teleport under random paper on my desk, or the mini skateboard sized ones that appear on the living room wall, and then fly at you if you look threatening to them ?

i hate those fuckers

3 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

or the mini skateboard sized ones that appear on the living room wall, and then fly at you if you look threatening to them ?

I know right ?! Hit 'em with the bug spray and their shell is like armour plated ... but they know who sprayed 'em, and while the armour still works they go the fight !

I saw that thing on insects. If true it's pretty harrowing, as much as we bitch about them the entire biosphere's pretty much fucked without them.

As for the general state of the world - weirdly I've never given up hope. Like even now with the shit hitting multiple fans, I have faith that humanity will eventually sort its shit out and we will be OK - albeit, we'll pay a price to do so and the longer we leave it the steeper that cost will be.

Unfortunately that optimism tends to manifest in a seething rage at the people who perpetuate such actions, but I guess being an angry man's better than being one who no longer has expectations of his fellow man at all.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, aquilus said:

one who no longer has expectations of his fellow man at all.

I have expectations.  I expect people will continue being mostly selfish fucktards until well past the collapse of a liveable biome, and that the few willing to self-sacrifice for the good of all will not be sufficient to pull everyone else's fat from the fire.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cybes said:

I have expectations.  I expect people will continue being mostly selfish fucktards until well past the collapse of a liveable biome, and that the few willing to self-sacrifice for the good of all will not be sufficient to pull everyone else's fat from the fire.

Not exactly an unreasonable belief seeing the approach a lot of people have. My heart sinks every time I hear people claiming climate change is a myth, doubly so when it's important people. I guess I just can't give up, you know?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cybes said:

people will continue being mostly selfish fucktards

I think that's pretty much an inevitable consequence of society being run according to a divide-and-conquer MO, which is basically a failure of imagination on the part of elites, to consider what they're missing out on by seeking to minimise human potential as much as possible. 

These piss-ants have believed they're somehow better off as long as they can shit on people. But of course, they were products of their environment too. Once you properly acknowledge cause and effect, and actually question whether free will is a thing, you begin to wonder if the only thing you can blame is the boundary conditions of the Universe. 

Damn you, quantum perturbations! 

1200px-Ilc_9yr_moll4096.png