Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kimmo

Bernie. fucken. SANDERS

Recommended Posts

Heh,

Did you see Trump welcoming him to the race ?

He must be expecting Sanders to kark it before the election but if the Dems have any sense they won't let him run anyway.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this early this morning 🙂 just knew it would be Kimmo who would do the thread... haha

Bernie must be taking some you-beaut vitamins ! If all else fails, he could make more coin being " the face" for the vits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, chrisg said:

if the Dems have any sense they won't let him run anyway.

Why, because they like losing elections? 

Also, 'let'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, smadge1 said:

Bernie running is a win for Trump...

Did you RTFA?

Quote

In polls, Sanders is well ahead of the other currently declared candidates, and at this point he should be treated as the presumptive frontrunner.

...

But even those who do not share Democratic socialist instincts should get behind Sanders. He’s a pragmatic choice. Nobody is better positioned to take on Donald Trump. Sanders has name recognition and widespread popularity. He knows how to campaign well, has a network of organizers, and can pack stadiums. He does well at town halls and in debates against Republicans.

Since 2016, polls consistently show him beating Trump. Initially, there were those who doubted these numbers, saying that as voters got to know Sanders they would turn away from his radicalism. This turned out to be false. As voters got to know him, they liked him

 

Edited by Kimmo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

In polls, Sanders is well ahead of the other currently declared candidates, and at this point he should be treated as the presumptive frontrunner.

There's already like 10 candidates.

The "frontrunner" Sanders has 21% support. A guy who hasn't declared, leads him by 9 points (Biden). More importantly, Biden leads Sanders in every single state where Trump beats Sanders.

And the race hasn't even begun.

 

As I have said repeatedly - the Dems have geography problem. They CANNOT win by appealing to inner-city progressives. Even if they win 100% of the vote in each of the electorates they won. In fact, on the numbers, they need a victory as large as Obama's to carry the Presidency. A 400yo cliched Jewish socialist ain't gonna win it for them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The acceptance of various contenders will change as the individual campaigns to be nominated pick up speed.

I said "let" for just that reason Kimmo, he has to win the nomination first, so does Biden, both are sort of old news, the Dems tend to sweep out the ashes from time to time.

In a way that's a pity, they are both good people but it is very likely it will take new, unknown blood to take the fight to Trump.

I'd never expected Trump to have a chance second time around even if he survives impeachment but Leo makes a very good point. Electoral boundaries in the U'S. are by county and don't demographically change much, in fact I'm not sure if they do at all.

Trump did well last time primarily because he won the most counties, he most certainly did not win by number of votes in his favor polled nationally.

U.S. politics is crazy enough sometimes, getting to BE a politician there is one very interesting and often corrupt hurdle race.

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Of the candidates thus far... Cory Booker is the only one with charisma and that gooey hopey changey thing that obama had going for him. He also has a rags to “riches” backstory.

To beat Trump you need a shitload of charisma.

The only other person with it so far potentially in the race, with the right politics - is Biden. Maybe Beto O’Rourke too. Took some cojones to almost unseat Cruz in Texas.

Edited by Leonid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leonid said:

To beat Trump you need a shitload of charisma.

 

why ?

 

trump sadly lacks it; his attribute is chutzpah, not charisma

 

although i think chutzpah usually implies a self-confidence that is considered appropriate by others, rather than self-worship despite lacking demonstrable reason

 

and no, being potus doesn't make you a deity regardless of delusions of grandeur

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm,

I like Biden a lot but Booker does look good as well. O'Rourke yes, that was impressive.

I think a lot of people don't, and will not, realise Sanders is only five years older than Trump, I didn't until I looked. Obviously Trump spends a lot more on his looks 🙂

What will most likely unseat Trump is some of the acts of his term coming home to roost - ironically what might save him is going to war in Venezuela, Americans love a war, for a while and as long as they win...

More pragmatically the big power groups that invest heavily in campaigns plus add influencehave yet to really show their hands. The military industrial complex of course but the money mongrels, manufacturing, the unions etc. It's pretty certain Trump has lost Hollywood  🙂

It is shaping up to be a dirty run overall, up to the Democratic nomination and I guess Trump can't really yet count on his party either, a lot of Reps have had enough of him.

Then into the election it will be one hell of a fight.

To be real the Dems got it all wrong last time and did not treat Trump seriously at all, they had very bad advisors - don't expect that to happen twice.

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Douchey McFuckface doesn't stand a chance this time around, despite all the gerrymander. There's so much righteous loathing for that fucken prick, his supporters will be swamped, almost regardless of who the Democratic nominee is. 

And I concur with Nathan Robinson - of all the contenders for the nomination so far, Sanders is the big gun. Nobody else in the field has more than a fraction of his credibility, despite what the RWNJs would have you believe. Dude is the real deal, through and through. Doesn't take much research to learn of his peerless authenticity. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/inside-the-horror-show-that-is-congress-177955/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gerrymander?  What, did they move state borders around to favour Trump?

Funny how it works - Labor used to moan about it for decades in Joh's time but it was under their watch that the electorate boundaries were changed that way to begin with.

As for Trump - I don't much like him and he could well become known as the worst thing to happen to conservative politics in decades.
But I'd take 3 of him in a row before 1 of Clinton or Sanders.

Regardless, it's largely outside our sphere of influence and the more pressing matter is that later this year that little twerp Shorten might be at the helm - which is way more unpalattable than any of the 3 scenerios I mentioned above.

Edited by Rybags
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rybags said:

Regardless, it's largely outside our sphere of influence and the more pressing matter is that later this year that little twerp Shorten might be at the helm - which is way more unpalattable than any of the 3 scenerios I mentioned above.

And all the liberal party had to do to stop it was not try and tear itself apart... and maybe let medical transportation to Australia from Nauru could help. 

Imagine a world where politicians stopped looking to the media to find out how they felt about each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

why ?

Because in every election you care to name, the most charismatic candidate won.

And Trump is very charismatic. Charisma exists in people we like and dislike. Bernie simply doesn’t have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chrisg said:

It's pretty certain Trump has lost Hollywood  

Only progressives care what Meryl Streep thinks.

Independents and Republicans don’t take cues from progressive rapists (#MeToo) and defenders of pedophiles (Holywood’s decades long defence and acclamation of Roman Polanski)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kimmo said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Douchey McFuckface doesn't stand a chance this time around, despite all the gerrymander. There's so much righteous loathing for that fucken prick, his supporters will be swamped, almost regardless of who the Democratic nominee is. 

And I concur with Nathan Robinson - of all the contenders for the nomination so far, Sanders is the big gun. Nobody else in the field has more than a fraction of his credibility, despite what the RWNJs would have you believe. Dude is the real deal, through and through. Doesn't take much research to learn of his peerless authenticity. 

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/inside-the-horror-show-that-is-congress-177955/

I hear if you pray to Sanders 5 times a day, you get 15 virgins in heaven. Also he farts roses and shits unicorns.

 

Jesus... if you could only see your hero worship from a sane pair of eyes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leonid said:

Of the candidates thus far... Cory Booker is the only one with charisma and that gooey hopey changey thing that obama had going for him. He also has a rags to “riches” backstory.

To beat Trump you need a shitload of charisma.

The only other person with it so far potentially in the race, with the right politics - is Biden. Maybe Beto O’Rourke too. Took some cojones to almost unseat Cruz in Texas.

It wasn't cojones it was shit tonnes of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

and no, being potus doesn't make you a deity regardless of delusions of grandeur

... all the same, it's amazing to watch how each and every person that becomes a President or Prime Minister changes.

Some change overnight some do it gradually, but all of them get this self satisfied-sanctimonious-I'm better -and cleverer -than all of you behaviour going on. Clinton and Bush and Obama had it down. Our own Malcy was such a smooth-in his own mind type too ... though tbh he's had that self-satisfied thing going for years really.  🙂 Also, Hilary had it too, too early though. She was soooo sure she was gonna be POTUS she would slide like greased lightning on to the stage for any speech she had to give. Used to watch her sitting for interviews. Her expression was like she was hugging herself she thought she was sooo great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Waltish said:

It wasn't cojones it was shit tonnes of money.

Well that definitely helps 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fliptopia said:

And all the liberal party had to do to stop it was not try and tear itself apart... and maybe let medical transportation to Australia from Nauru could help. 

Imagine a world where politicians stopped looking to the media to find out how they felt about each other.

You do realise that this latest act of sabotage on our borders by Labor has given Morrison a poll recovery of 51 to 49? Whether that’s maintained or not I don’t know...

But what has happened, is this has pissed off the Naurans. They’re passing a law to forbid telemedicine and all evacs must show cause that treatment can’t be performed in a Nauruan hospital (all of which are staffed by Aussie doctors anyway!).

We’re going to be in the awesome position of not being able to enact our own laws.

The left’s ability to shoot themselves in the foot over illegal immigrants, in every country - is fucking amazing. Read the room guys.

Edited by Leonid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rybags said:

Gerrymander?  What, did they move state borders around to favour Trump?

Since the election?  Not that I know of.  However, the GOP already had district lines hugely distorted in their favour.  It wasn't just the lines, though, it was also closing or restricting access to voting sites in Dem districts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rybags said:

As for Trump - I don't much like him and he could well become known as the worst thing to happen to conservative politics in decades.
But I'd take 3 of him in a row before 1 of Clinton or Sanders.

Regardless, it's largely outside our sphere of influence and the more pressing matter is that later this year that little twerp Shorten might be at the helm - which is way more unpalattable than any of the 3 scenerios I mentioned above.

I don't know where to even start with that first paragraph. Suffice to say, that evidently you don't have the barest inkling of how goddamn awful Trump actually is. 

As for Shorten, how is being a twerp worse than being a rancid shitstain? Does not compute. Any COALition fuck in charge spells disaster. Every single one of those utter cunts does at least five parts harm to this country for any bit of good they accidentally come up with. Labor is bad enough, but I'll take a degree of ineptitude and a whiff of corruption over outright malicious bastardry in a fucking heartbeat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×