Sign in to follow this  
BeDLaM#29

I need a Sandy Bridge CPU

Been a long time since I was around here, but I'm reaching out everywhere for help with this one.

My old Z77 board gave up the ghost a bit ago, so I did the full upgrade and donated the i7 3770k CPU and RAM to my youngest son. Z77 mobos seem to sell at large premiums nowadays, so I purchased a second hand ASUS P8Z68-V board off eBay instead, checking the supported CPU list and finding it at the top. So it arrives today and I put it together and I'm not getting any display. A bit of research tells me the board needs a BIOS update to support the cPU, and I can't update the BIOS unless I have a supported CPU, which I don't.

So anyone got an old 2nd generation Sandy Lake Socket 1155 Intel CPU I could borrow to upgrade the motherboard? I'm in Melboure and will be happy to bring the hardware somewhere local to do it

Think I have a celeron that I could post if you can't find someone closer

• Yes Sir! Very atomic! 2

I'd be very grateful if you were willing to post, happily pay for post both ways. Where abouts are you located? I have to go out bush quite often for work

Just south of Echuca.

Looks like I might have someone nearby who's willing to donate me a Sandy Bridge Pentium, I'll hit you up if it falls through

Cool

This CPU has been sitting in the cupboard for years I had forgotten it was there but I will soon have a spare MB for it so if I can find some RAM and a PSU it may be of some use for something.