michael.jenkin

New YouTube series: Mickyj Whitehat

Hey everyone,

It has been a long time since I frequented Atomic. Lot's has happened in life. some good, some bad.

Recently I decided to try and make a dent in the world of Malware and share what I know. I started a YouTube series called Mickyj Whitehat.

I am sharing the tools I use to find, remove and kill malware. I thought it might come in useful for training other IT pro's on what to do.

Then I thought, people here might also like to take a peek. I only have a small subscriber base and to make the channel effective, I want to get some exposure.

The channel is not monitised so I am not earning big bucks from it. It is simply me doing my bit for the community.

So I would appreciate, if the information is of interest to you, that you subscribe or share the link around.

I am a tech, not a sales person so I am not great at "selling myself" but I figure this info speaks for itself.

The Channel has other stuff on it (https://www.youtube.com/michaeljenkin) and the playlist for the Malware stuff is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i17_ZtvAk9g&list=PLodEQVE4Lw01mtCM_LAn6e0tPNd5BfERv .

I am a true geek and shyly hiding behind my keyboard but I have learnt to have a YouTube personality (loud and in your face) so I know some people I know form this forum may be a little shocked :)

So, if you subscribe what's in it for you ? I can keep you up to date with teardowns on VBS, js, exe, scr, hta, powershell and more malware. I can satisfy that urge to know how something works. I can pull apart the latest ransomware for you. If you get something you want documented and pulled apart for the world to see, I would love to see it.

I hope that this post does not violate any of the terms and conditions that I just accepted (again). It is not my intention however mods, feel free to remove  if I have.

thanks all, have a great day !

• Like 2
  • Yes Sir! Very atomic! 3

Subbed.  I'm not in a position tat this sort of thing is vital knowledge to me, but I usually find it interesting, so I'll give it a shot.

Good luck with the channel, Micky! 🙂

• Like 1

LOL!  Total coincidence, but hilarious: YouTube video crapped out exactly at the moment you opened the suspect file in Word.

• Haha 2

wow, freaking out when I opened word, that would have made me jump !

Thanks guys for subs. I know the content is not for everyone however, there are a few things it does.

-It shows people the tools that can be used.

-It shows people that at the end of the day, these viruses are just badly written code.

-It means others, if they have the interest, can dive in and figure it out

-We all learn better security practices.

Not everyone cares to see the code but when they do, they comment, "That's it?". It breaks that mysterious boundary and people suddenly understand a hidden world.

Thanks again for joining me and spreading the word.