Sign in to follow this  
chrisg

Problems with the 737MAX ?

22 minutes ago, chrisg said:

Actually that was a very late-model 777ER, so maybe we could be a little selective and fly on the older ones  🙂

I have no idea how many hours I've flown on the 777, a lot that's for sure.

Can't call it my favorite aircraft, not by a long shot, they never really seem to have sorted out the climate control, but I never felt unsafe. I didn't feel as comfortable as I do o the 747, even the older ones, either, but those are getting difficult to find unless you want to fly as cargo  🙂

Cheers

I think there's little oxygen in the cargo area to avoid fires so ... yeah

🙂

Mostly they fly pressurized, there is not much point in sealing off the crew compartment although apparently a couple have been done by just pressurizing the upper deck  - there's big trade these days in cargo that wants to fly under pressure, fresh food being a prime example.

I had a crazy job when I was very young one year, flying daffodils from the Channel Islands to Southampton for Mother's Day, in a Dragon Rapide - no pressure there, and not much altitude either but the flowers arrived fresh and the aircraft was... fragrant.  🙂

Beats flying horses around, a friend used to do that, gave it up second time one of them went berserk and tried to kick a hole in the aircraft....

Cheers