Sign in to follow this  
Leonid

Terror attack in NZ

6 hours ago, Leonid said:

He also livestreamed this on FB Live. I just watched part of the video. That was a mistake.

I heard about that. N to the fucking ope was my initial reaction and I'm sticking to it. I don't even want to read coverage until next week at least.

So, ^^ that's about 80ish pages of apparent excuses for being a coward with a gun ... pity the gunman/men weren't courageous enough to join the army and channel their energies for the 'good' of something at least.

Not sure at this stage that I even want or care to know why these cowards exist.

Some media are equating it with the Dutch guy that went gung-ho on the Island ... I guess like most things cowards are not any one particular ethnicity

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/mar/15/video-of-christchurch-attack-runs-on-social-media-and-news-sites

YouTube, Facebook and Twitter are struggling to stop videos of the Christchurch attack spreading on their platforms, as users upload new copies of the footage faster than the sites can take them down.

Many traditional media sites including MailOnline, the Mirror and the Sun also hosted edited videos of the same footage, although MailOnline and the Mirror later admitted this was a mistake and removed the videos.

the former can be forgiven, the latter, i am livid.  deliberately choosing to publish the gunman’s own footage, thereby becoming complicit in vindicating and validating its profane motivation?  for a FUCKING SCOOP!   i dont i cant even

• Like 2

"Hello Brother"  

To every person that tries to defend what happened, I propose we respond with "Hello Brother".  Let the victim who defended himself with love and compassion, not violence, be the one who is remembered.

Kind of "Weaponize Love".  

To Fraser Anning, I say Hello Brother.  

To the Islamophobes who supported this.  I say Hello Brother.

Let the victims be more important than the haters.  Let the final words be those of love and remembrance of the victims.

AD

1 hour ago, AccessDenied said:

Nope

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AccessDenied said:

Hmm... It's consistent with one of my rules of thumb, but it's hard to see it applying that broadly. I think the 'don't tolerate fuckwits running around with hammers' rule might clash with it

Edited by Kimmo

i reckon the term white supremacist needs a media makeover, like when "king hit" became "coward punch"

maybe "whitey wannabe" or "pale terrorist" might be a more appropriate sobriquet

• Like 1

I have usually just referred to Radicals (capital ones ) as dickheads, but I see that's sexist and possibly genderist and well just not very nice to dicks or Richards. Using the word " pale " is likely bordering on some form of racism ...

just keep it simple," terrorist " sounds about right really.

When listening to Ardern, Morrison and Shorten respond to the attack, I couldn't help but be impressed, again and again by Ardern.  Her comments and actions have been succinct, genuine and full of compassion for the victims and their families.

Morrison and Shorten while offering their thoughts and prayers, always appear to be focused on the perpetrator.

Of course the way I am interpreting their responses is tainted by years of political point scoring by Morrison and Shorten on terrorism, boarder protection and immigration.

*sigh*

• Like 5

I think that’s explainable. Australia can’t do that much for the victims.

But in coming weeks there’ll be a lot of questions for everyone how we missed that level of dedication to mass-murder by one of our own.

Shorten and Morrison *should* be concerned. Who knows if he’s part of some sort of group here?

1 hour ago, Jeruselem said:

Police just raided the home of the sister of the killer

Hardly surprising. The police will be looking at all the connections he has.

4 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

i reckon the term white supremacist needs a media makeover, like when "king hit" became "coward punch"

maybe "whitey wannabe" or "pale terrorist" might be a more appropriate sobriquet

Hmm... Genetics denier. Everyone knows mongrels are superior to inbred purebreds, except idiots. And that race has no genetic foundation; looking at you, Latham.

3 hours ago, Kimmo said:

Hmm... Genetics denier. Everyone knows mongrels are superior to inbred purebreds, except idiots. And that race has no genetic foundation; looking at you, Latham.

As far back as Darwin it has been known that there is only one race, biologically speaking - the human race. And that's better called a species.  The cosmetic differences are not even as major as those between dog breeds.

Cultural differences, otoh...

• Like 1

🙂

Except some recent evidence suggests there was in fact cross-breeding with neanderthals - with some people I know I'd concur 🙂

Then again merged into one race I guess 🙂

Cheers

11 hours ago, Mac Dude said:

When listening to Ardern, Morrison and Shorten respond to the attack, I couldn't help but be impressed, again and again by Ardern.  Her comments and actions have been succinct, genuine and full of compassion for the victims and their families.

Morrison and Shorten while offering their thoughts and prayers, always appear to be focused on the perpetrator.

Of course the way I am interpreting their responses is tainted by years of political point scoring by Morrison and Shorten on terrorism, boarder protection and immigration.

*sigh*

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-03-18/christchurch-attacks-show-new-zealand-pm-a-leader-for-our-times/10912018

Looks like there are others who think so too...

We had the same commentary about other leaders for our times. It blows away as quick as the thought bubble appears.

Don’t read much into it.

On 3/18/2019 at 8:14 AM, eveln said:

I have usually just referred to Radicals (capital ones ) as dickheads, but I see that's sexist and possibly genderist and well just not very nice to dicks or Richards. Using the word " pale " is likely bordering on some form of racism ...

just keep it simple," terrorist " sounds about right really.

I'm all for upping my daily quote of profanity by swapping swear words in for other words, and sexism or genderism aside, dicks can be useful and entertaining... so I guess you're right, have to go with something else. 

Terrorist doesn't sound quite strong enough for something like this, though. I mean, just fucking wtf 😕

51 minutes ago, elvenwhore said:

I'm all for upping my daily quote of profanity by swapping swear words in for other words, and sexism or genderism aside, dicks can be useful and entertaining... so I guess you're right, have to go with something else. 

Terrorist doesn't sound quite strong enough for something like this, though. I mean, just fucking wtf 😕

Mmmm ... but then if you stop, and just use the word terror and then,  just imagine that state of being ... the word works again quite well.

The media and the interwebs generally throw the word "terrorist"  around willy-nilly, just like the word rape was wont to be used like all the time. Terrorist activity is not new to the world, it's our access to the events that's new-ish.

/ sorry.  I know I'm stating the obvious here.

Posted (edited)

What got me was him playing some sort of tongue in cheek song on the way to the mosque. Then he gets in his car after the massacre and lets everyone know: ~"I dropped a few mags during the firefight..." blah blah. It was almost as if he was gunning for maximum -awesomeness- for his 4Chan personality. Not to mention he called it a "Firefight"? Sicko.

I'm of the mind that the Manifesto is just some bullshit he wants to believe to justify his actions. While the real motive was as simple as getting fame with an internet community.

Another Martin Bryant. Stupid simpleton deserves life in isolation. Make the years move slowly.

A f'ing tragedy.

Edited by smakme7757
  • Like 4

The issue is whether it is an act of terrorism or not. More the act of a homicidal lunatic expressing extreme racial hatred is probably more like it.

Martin Bryant was never really associated with terror, this maniac seems more than a little similar, just smarter and fitter.

I just hope there is not an insanity plea or if so he gets locked up in a loony bin for life with no parole.

Cheers

1 hour ago, chrisg said:

The issue is whether it is an act of terrorism or not. More the act of a homicidal lunatic expressing extreme racial hatred is probably more like it.

Martin Bryant was never really associated with terror, this maniac seems more than a little similar, just smarter and fitter.

I just hope there is not an insanity plea or if so he gets locked up in a loony bin for life with no parole.

Cheers

While he is a homicidal person expressing extreme racial hatred, I'd also call it terrorism. He may not be a member of a 'terrorist organisation' or even a 'lone wolf' inspired by one of them.

He had a manifesto (not interested in reading it, or about it), as a political message that needed to be expressed through killing. He sent it to politicians and media outlets, that's pretty clearly terrorism in my mind.

I get disappointed that the 'Terrorism' also gets thrown around a lot for fringe issues, acts of minor public nuisance, boycots and rallies, it gets belittled and sometimes even passed off as 'that T word' , Such cases are incomparable with this event.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, stadl said:

pretty clearly terrorism 

Textbook definition, in fact. 

• Like 1