Sign in to follow this  
Kimmo

Here's a thought

Open letter to Leo:

Don't you find it a bit tiresome, slinging the same old shit, a decade later? Surely by now, you'd think there'd be enough further development under our belts, that we could approach this enmity of ours with a bit more style and finesse, and perhaps even some grace. 

I think we need to take it as read that we each consider the other to be utterly misguided, but I think it's stretching the bounds of credibility somewhat if we pretend there's actually malevolence or even idiocy at play. It's just plain sub-optimal, and I'm sure it's a bore to behold (I know we're all fed up with that sort of ridiculous posturing in our politicians). 

So I propose that in our dealings, that we strive to convey at least the shadow of a shred of basic respect for each other and our audience, and behave in a manner more befitting the situation; I think it should be actually possible to generate worthwhile, even entertaining interactions. There might even be edifying explorations to be had; holy crap. 

I mean, I'm assuming there's something interesting here that I don't know about you, but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you really are just some sort of sociopath. What do you reckon? 

• Like 1

Oh.

Kimmo had a thought.

And it comes without a link to the Guardian.

Crikey.

lolwut. 🙂

I'm not proposing peace in our time, so much as cold war with a veneer of politeness. 

I wonder how hard it is to darn the fabric of society while it unravels... 

🙂

Step one, set a venue, all  the hard to pronounce geographical ones have been done, in the virtual world how about the next "Google me too" that bombs ?

Cheers

See, that's the kind of veiled hostility I'm getting at 😉

kimmo, i don't imagine you and leo will ever regularly be on the same page except for accidentally posting on any forum thread as a matter of unplanned contemporaneous independent submissions

i probably lend more sympathy to your views than to his,  but we are all welcome to disagree in a reasonably civil manner, and it would be more productive than this rather transparent attempt at trolling

you lose any credibility by playing the victim whilst you're being the assailant

you're not so young that i can't offer you the same sage advice i find myself frequently needing to tell my teenage son  : "grow the fuck up, you pussy"

sorry, but i've had a big enough day to not passively tolerate your bullshit

FYI, it's straight up. No bullshit intended. I can't see the part where I'm playing the victim, BTW

...As for grow the fuck up, that's precisely the proposal I'm putting on the table, for mutual adoption. I don't see how I could be any more fair.

Chill out, Admiral Akbar. 

...Hang on, Akbar was right about it being a trap. NM, you know what mean

" but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you really are just some sort of sociopath. What do you reckon?  "

in psychiatry, that's referred to as projection and denial

given you obviously need my parental counsel, as shared in the previous post, i'll also offer the coda to my advice to my offspring, having read your post to the man from... post

"don't be such a dick"

if you can't accept your behaviour is adolescent, you are merely reinforcing why it appears that way to the rest of the world, and why everyone seems to be incredulous in spite of your deluded self-righteousness

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, scruffy1 said:

"grow the fuck up, you pussy" 

"don't be such a dick"

nope.  unless Kimmo is suffering what in psychiatry is referred to as Dissociative Identity Disorder, you gotta choose one or the other.

See, there are three kinds of people: dicks, pussies and assholes.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

deluded self-righteousness

Oookay then. Thanks for your input

i'd be happier not needing to give it

i agree with much of your view of the fucked-uppedness of things, but your delivery repels the audience

peace, bro

• Like 1

11 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

needing

Yeah well, the world's definitely a better place now you've said your bit; pretty fine example of not repelling one's audience. 

Namaste, comrade. 

20 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

" but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you really are just some sort of sociopath. What do you reckon?  "

in psychiatry, that's referred to as projection and denial

The thing is, we address each other like some sort of rampant menace. In adopting a different approach, I'm making the assumption that's not appropriate. I'm pretty sure I'm not a sociopath; maybe Leo feels the same. And maybe he's right. 

Or maybe my initial assessment is on the money, and his cognition is the work of the devil. 

Seems like he's happy to let the mystery persist, though

23 minutes ago, TheManFromPOST said:

Years on Atomic = lots

arguments read on Atomic = 11 million

minds changed due to Atomic arguments = 0

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Mark Twain

21 hours ago, scruffy1 said:

if you can't accept your behaviour is adolescent, you are merely reinforcing why it appears that way to the rest of the world, and why everyone seems to be incredulous in spite of your deluded self-righteousness

TFR

58 minutes ago, TheManFromPOST said:

Years on Atomic = lots

arguments read on Atomic = 11 million

minds changed due to Atomic arguments = 0

Nah, a fair few have been.

Just now, Nich... said:

Nah, a fair few have been.

at first i was convinced the number was zero too, but on consideration of your post, i think you are right.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Rybags said:

TFR

Interesting how it's starting to smell like Sky after dark up in here.

My theory is that one of you, having clumsily bit yourself on the lip, has created a blood in the water situation, and you lot don't have the discernment to tell one colour of culture warrior blood from the other.

See, the reason this pissweak little dogpile isn't going to bite is that I'd have to be credulous enough to take these words of, ah, 'friendly advice' at face value, rather than seeing it for the gutless crypto-douchebaggery I'm so accustomed to from the usual suspects. 

All these gallant saviours, rushing to the defense of community standards and poor, put-upon Leonid, innocent and pure as the driven snow. I must indeed be a vile scourge, upsetting yon idyllic apple-cart as a demented function of mine veritably catastrophic psychology. Oh, the humanity. 

Another page in the drama unfolds; tomorrow's arse paper is sorted. 

You need to put the bong down for a bit Kimmo.

On 3/17/2019 at 8:16 PM, Kimmo said:

So I propose that in our dealings, that we strive to convey at least the shadow of a shred of basic respect for each other

...but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you really are just some sort of sociopath. What do you reckon? 

aaah...okay, so i had somehow glossed over the last line, mistaking it for the closing formalities of the sweetness and light olive branch stuff...so i was confused by the tenor of scruffy's posts.

you must see the problem here?  with that backhanded closing remark, youre passive aggressively holding court.  its an inquisitorial one, to which the defendant has been cordially invited to disprove the charge of being a cunt, publicly, on your terms, under pain of conviction in absentia.  c'mon, this is not basic respect haha.  was this before or after you started striving? 😆

an olive branch offered in bad faith, is not a good way to get Leo to start arguing in good faith.  there is no way to do that

• Like 1