Sign in to follow this  
Cybes

My pants just exploded!

If they bring back Deb of Night, the defamatory political ads, and the news anchor speaking directly to my Malcavian, I will be very happy.  Very, very happy indeed.

I never played the original. I hear good things though. I imagine this one will be a lot prettier 🙂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, fliptopia said:

I never played the original. I hear good things though. I imagine this one will be a lot prettier 🙂

You can still get VTMB on GOG.com - $7!  (Damn, I bought too soon - again.  It's on sale.)

Edited by Cybes

Ooo!  OK, my expectations just took a dive skyward.

That white-haired guy withe the Van Dyke and fingerless gloves on the left was one of the writers and also the newsreader on the original Bloodlines.  If he reckons it feels like the original, it probably does - despite being in a different city.

what is it about the first one you so admired, Cybes?  did you come at it acquainted with the tabletop game?

2 hours ago, @~thehung said:

what is it about the first one you so admired, Cybes?  did you come at it acquainted with the tabletop game?

Well, yeah, I did have prior experience with the whole WoD from tabletop gaming, but that only got me to play it - it wouldn't still be a favourite if the game itself hadn't also been brilliant.

The big thing was a very deep story, which differed substantially for whatever Clan you chose to play, and which varied even more on the way you chose to play it.  And what burned the awesomeness right in was the bizarre sense f humor throughout, and at a pinnacle with the Malcavians: having a conversation with the TV newcaster, or a stopsign being among the most memorable.

(For anyone not a Vampire fan, the Malcavian bloodline inherits madness along with vampiric gifts - the player gets a charicature of paranoid schizophrenia, with voices in your head.)

On 28/03/2019 at 9:07 PM, @~thehung said:

I know this is kind of a timewarp, but I just happened across this video and thought you might be interested.  It's a Troika history rather than just VtM:B, but in several parts and this one focuses mostly on this game.

• Like 1